Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt like KG’s comment about the black SUV with all the decals was simply a lead-in to her talking about how she wished she had payed closer attention to everything that day. I don’t think she was referring to some mysterious clue.

Exactly, she adds “She didn’t pay attention to whether any people were around, something she regrets daily.” It seems that’s her main point. She didn’t say she just suddenly remembered seeing the van.

I always felt like KG’s comment about the black SUV with all the decals was simply a lead-in to her talking about how she wished she had payed closer attention to everything that day. I don’t think she was referring to some mysterious clue.
What if LE got an alibi from this SUV-driver, which is a lie? Maybe an alibi for both BG and the SUV-driver? What if LE isn't able to expose the wrong alibis until now?

What if LE got an alibi from this SUV-driver, which is a lie? Maybe an alibi for both BG and the SUV-driver? What if LE isn't able to expose the wrong alibis until now?

It’s definitely possible that LE was lied to about an alibi by someone. I just don’t think this black SUV has any great importance.
The “what if”’s in this case are endless since we have no real information about anything from LE.

If all LE have is a parked vehicle with no other evidence directly linking the driver or passengers to committing the murder, an alibi doesn’t matter. A defendant not having a verifiable alibi or even lying about an alibi is not enough evidence to base a conviction.

That’s actually a good thing - can you imagine how many wrongful convictions there’d be if the onus was on every person to prove why they’re not guilty?

If and when LE has strong evidence directly linking somebody to committing the murder, the truthfulness of an alibi is for the jury to decide, not LE. It’s not unusual for convictions to occur even though a defendant puts forth a defence to refute evidence based on an alibi.

JMO

Where did Kelsi ever say that the vehicle was black or an SUV? I thought all she said was that it was a dark vehicle with stickers on the back window. LOL

Where did Kelsi ever say that the vehicle was black or an SUV? I thought all she said was that it was a dark vehicle with stickers on the back window. LOL

It was "a dark SUV."

"Kelsi remembers seeing a dark SUV, its rear windshield covered in decals, parked near the entrance where she dropped off the girls."
A new path

It’s definitely possible that LE was lied to about an alibi by someone. I just don’t think this black SUV has any great importance.
The “what if”’s in this case are endless since we have no real information about anything from LE.
I don't know how you can evaluate whether it has any importance or not. All we know is that in this 2020 article KG says she saw it, but that she wasn't paying close attention so has little recall about it. Presumably, this is not a recent recollection from KG and she told LE about it early in the search and investigation.

What I am interested in is WHEN this information was first PUBLICLY released and whether any person subsequently voluntarily came forward to LE to reveal that - given the timeframe, location, and description - the SUV was likely theirs. Because if this information came out publicly early and no one did come forward, THAT is important, as it would indicate the SUV with decals IS a likely clue as it indicates someone who arrived and later left the area in that SUV was there and has neglected to come forward and identify themselves.

It is possible that this information was never released publicly until now, but that LE learned about the SUV early from KG and that in speaking with the various persons who they knew were in the area that day, LE have determined who arrived and left in the SUV. We just don't know.

I don't know how you can evaluate whether it has any importance or not. All we know is that in this 2020 article KG says she saw it, but that she wasn't paying close attention so has little recall about it. Presumably, this is not a recent recollection from KG and she told LE about it early in the search and investigation.

What I am interested in is WHEN this information was first PUBLICLY released and whether any person subsequently voluntarily came forward to LE to reveal that - given the timeframe, location, and description - the SUV was likely theirs. Because if this information came out publicly early and no one did come forward, THAT is important, as it would indicate the SUV with decals IS a likely clue as it indicates someone who arrived and later left the area in that SUV was there and has neglected to come forward and identify themselves.

It is possible that this information was never released publicly until now, but that LE learned about the SUV early from KG and that in speaking with the various persons who they knew were in the area that day, LE have determined who arrived and left in the SUV. We just don't know.

You are right. I don’t know for sure if the black SUV is of no importance. It’s just my opinion mostly based on almost four years of it never being mention, but just an opinion still.
Nothing was ever mentioned publicly about the black SUV that I recall. The only things publicly released by LE are two sketches, a video, an audio clip, and something about a vehicle parked at CPS.
I agree with your idea that the SUV was checked early on along with others and cleared.
I still think KG only mentioned it as a lead-in to her comments about regretting she didn’t pay better attention.

Delphi murders: Video's virtual walkthrough shows suspect, Abby and Libby

Maybe this technology used in an app called CrimeDoor can solve crimes like the Feb. 13, 2017, Delphi killings of Libby German and Abby Williams by putting the public on the Monon High Bridge on that winter afternoon.

“This is an app that is going to help so many people and change the perspective of crime," Kelsi German, Libby's older sister, said, "and hopefully, solve cases and get arrests for many unsolved cases.”

You’re right, we don’t know anything except LE has never associated a vehicle to the killer when asking for tips regarding his identity.

Another great mystery of this case IMO is why, between LE and the family, they couldn’t nail down an agreed upon time when the girls were dropped off. Establishing a fairly precise timeline would seem to me to be critical when seeking information. The 1pm drop time has been reported over and over again.

“The girls were dropped off at the trail at 1 p.m.......according to Indiana State Police...”
Mystery surrounds Indiana murder of 2 teen girls: ‘We cannot fail on this case’

“At 1:35, we arrived at the entrance to the bridge, the girls got out of my car, and I never saw them alive again.”
Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders

Maybe this technology used in an app called CrimeDoor can solve crimes like the Feb. 13, 2017, Delphi killings of Libby German and Abby Williams by putting the public on the Monon High Bridge on that winter afternoon.

“This is an app that is going to help so many people and change the perspective of crime," Kelsi German, Libby's older sister, said, "and hopefully, solve cases and get arrests for many unsolved cases.”
I just read about this. It sounds stomach churning. I hope it works.

You’re right, we don’t know anything except LE has never associated a vehicle to the killer when asking for tips regarding his identity.

Another great mystery of this case IMO is why, between LE and the family, they couldn’t nail down an agreed upon time when the girls were dropped off. Establishing a fairly precise timeline would seem to me to be critical when seeking information. The 1pm drop time has been reported over and over again.

“The girls were dropped off at the trail at 1 p.m.......according to Indiana State Police...”
Mystery surrounds Indiana murder of 2 teen girls: ‘We cannot fail on this case’

“At 1:35, we arrived at the entrance to the bridge, the girls got out of my car, and I never saw them alive again.”
Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders

I keep going back to a vehicle parked nearby, LE has indicated one was parked at the former CPS building. Yet we have no description.

We don't have a timeline for when witnesses said they saw a vehicle parked there. I'll say this much, from my own observations having been to that area in question, both in a vehicle and on foot, there's so little through-traffic on C.R. 300, I'd guess they have very few people who were able to give even a vague description of a vehicle parked there. Even between, say, Noon and 3:30 PM, how many vehicles traveled down that road? Not many I'd imagine, especially considering the time of year (despite the fact we had a mild Winter that year), plus the grain facility was closed that day.

I believe BG had this all mapped out in his mind, he needed a minimal amount of vehicle traffic combined with sporadic use of the trails by folks, that day. He probably had a a very plain vehicle that would not have caught most folks' attention.

JMO

That video of the app/simulation is super creepy. IMO

This is the link -

“Kelsi remembers seeing a dark SUV, its rear windshield covered in decals, parked near the entrance where she dropped off the girls. She didn’t pay attention to whether any people were around, something she regrets daily.

“The people who walk past me in the store, I can tell you exactly what they were wearing usually a day later,” she says. “Just because that’s the kind of stuff I have to know now.”..”
A new path

When I read that article, I noticed a caption under a photograph of Kelsi that says:

"Kelsi stops at a fork on Monon Trail, sharing her experiences with internet sleuths reaching out to her and leaving trinkets on Abby and Libby's memorial."

This caption caught my eye because of the word trinkets....what trinkets does she put? Does she have any record of dates/times/trinkets left at the memorial? Is there significance to the trinkets she chooses to leave? If so, what? Does she or anyone regularly check the memorial to see if additional trinkets have been added to the site? Has she or anyone noticed any trinkets that are missing? And more questions of the like...

When I read that article, I noticed a caption under a photograph of Kelsi that says:

"Kelsi stops at a fork on Monon Trail, sharing her experiences with internet sleuths reaching out to her and leaving trinkets on Abby and Libby's memorial."

This caption caught my eye because of the word trinkets....what trinkets does she put? Does she have any record of dates/times/trinkets left at the memorial? Is there significance to the trinkets she chooses to leave? If so, what? Does she or anyone regularly check the memorial to see if additional trinkets have been added to the site? Has she or anyone noticed any trinkets that are missing? And more questions of the like...

Welcome to the thread and Websleuths!
I read that caption as meaning the people she met on the trail were leaving the trinkets that day, not KG. No matter.
Your question about whether anyone monitors who leaves trinkets is a good one. No one has ever mentioned a camera monitoring any part of the trail that I’m aware of after the murders. Does anybody know about that? Interesting question!

Welcome to the thread and Websleuths!
I read that caption as meaning the people she met on the trail were leaving the trinkets that day, not KG. No matter.
Your question about whether anyone monitors who leaves trinkets is a good one. No one has ever mentioned a camera monitoring any part of the trail that I’m aware of after the murders. Does anybody know about that? Interesting question!
About a month after the murders some items were considered to improve the safety. One was the installation of trail cameras.
Delphi trails safety task force created

I didn't find the end result of that meeting. Still I wonder if LE didn't consider hiding a camera or cameras somewhere in the trail system based on the theory that some criminals return to the scene of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member