Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think after his involvement in the Bernardo case that Rosen would avoid getting involved in these high profile and highly emotional cases! But maybe he seeKs them out?

rbbm, imo, speculation.
''I ask Jonathon why it was so important for him to bring his partner to a family business meeting, given that his father did not seem to like that idea. Jonathon says it may be a “confidence” issue with him — he does not like doing things on his own.''

On a different note, perhaps it is understandable that A. would worry that a person whom she believes "carries a gun at all times", would "pull it out and shoot her", but what intrigues me, is why would she (allegedly) think he would do this "in front of everybody"?

Who would be the "everybody", why would A think he would want to do it in front of people?
Would (shooting someone with an audience present) be a sort of victim ''shaming''?

Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business - Today News Post
''He says one of his siblings has told him that Alex thinks he carries a gun at all times and is going to “pull it out” and “shoot her in front of everybody.”
That is also an interesting point - , that "Jonathon says it may be a “confidence” issue with him — he does not like doing things on his own.''

Perhaps if someone with a confidence problem wanted to do it, wanted to be involved, to get his revenge for whatever reason, he might hire someone to actually perform it, but yet still be there and set things up the way he wanted?

This bitcoin thing that JS got involved in Japan, has me curious.

It is my understanding that the big advantage of bitcoins is the ability to transfer funds secrectly and anonymously. If you are doing things that are moral, ethical, legal or honourable I do not believe you have any need for bitcoins.

The other aspect of bitcoins that is appealling to some, is the ability to trade them, as currency speculators do with regular currencies and commodities. Now usually currency trading involves huges sums, as the margins are slim. Likely that is the same for bitcoins. (You are not likey to trade the equivalent of a $100.00 at a time, I belive minimun is about $50,000 a trade.).

Considering JS appeared to be cash poor (needs $6.2 million short term from dad, and needs to fund dad $50 million) Why would any sensible businessman that JS purports to be, start investing in risky bitcoins? Didn't Green Storage offer enough investment opportunities?

There is an adage that states; 'within every lie contains a grain of truth'. So JS went to Japan and got involved with bitcoins. However maybe it was not for investing but for transfer of funds to some unknown party.
MOO

Since my mind tends to go a bit fuzzy when cryptocurrency comes up, I appreciate your research, but more importantly your very clear summary and explanation of the possible implications. Brilliant. And very very interesting indeed.

Thanks @Kittybunny ! An interesting further question is: if JS was using crypto for nefarious purposes, why would he bring it up in this interview & invite speculation and suspicion (such as we are doing right now)?

This interview was clearly not well conceived on JS’s part and breaks 3 years of media silence by the S kids. So why now? My theory is that something might be happening behind the scenes in the TPS investigation. I think he might be trying to get ahead of the story by using info he knows will get out or be leaked to construct an alternative story (i.e. using the crypto pic as an alibi). I honestly don’t think JS is the sharpest tool in the shed - 1) for keeping that pic on his phone and 2) it’s a terrible alibi as everyone already thinks it was a hit. JMO.

Noting, fwiw..
Large bitcoin payment made to far-right individuals before U.S. Capitol attack: report
January 14, 2021
''Payments in bitcoin worth more than US$500,000 were made to 22 different virtual wallets, most of them belonging to far-right activists and internet personalities, before the storming of the U.S. Capitol, cryptocurrency compliance startup Chainalysis said on Friday.

The payments, made by a French donor, of 28.15 bitcoins were made on Dec. 8, the New York-based startup, specializing in countering money laundering and fraud in the digital currency space, said in a blog post.

Chainalysis said it now has evidence that many alt-right groups and personalities received large bitcoin donations as part of the single transaction.''

Thanks @Kittybunny ! An interesting further question is: if JS was using crypto for nefarious purposes, why would he bring it up in this interview & invite speculation and suspicion (such as we are doing right now)?

This interview was clearly not well conceived on JS’s part and breaks 3 years of media silence by the S kids. So why now? My theory is that something might be happening behind the scenes in the TPS investigation. I think he might be trying to get ahead of the story by using info he knows will get out or be leaked to construct an alternative story (i.e. using the crypto pic as an alibi). I honestly don’t think JS is the sharpest tool in the shed - 1) for keeping that pic on his phone and 2) it’s a terrible alibi as everyone already thinks it was a hit. JMO.
Bingo. I think a lot is going on behind the scenes, and has been for some time... except it's getting ready to become exposed, one way or another. I share your sentiment that JS is not the sharpest tool in the shed, unfortunately I don't think he inherited his father's incredible intelligence, even though he shares his DNA. imo.

Have I missed something here? Why is Rosen's name being bandied about?
While he, his sister Alex and her husband Brad were allied at the start of the private probe — having regular meetings together with Greenspan and private detective Tom Klatt — Jonathon says that at some point, Alex started thinking he was somehow involved in the murders. Eventually, she hired criminal lawyer John Rosen to push Greenspan to end his probe and give everything it had collected to the police. That happened in late 2019 and Toronto police say they are still going over 20 gigabytes of information compiled by the private investigators.

Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business - Today News Post

While he, his sister Alex and her husband Brad were allied at the start of the private probe — having regular meetings together with Greenspan and private detective Tom Klatt — Jonathon says that at some point, Alex started thinking he was somehow involved in the murders. Eventually, she hired criminal lawyer John Rosen to push Greenspan to end his probe and give everything it had collected to the police. That happened in late 2019 and Toronto police say they are still going over 20 gigabytes of information compiled by the private investigators.

Thanks, I think I glossed over the name in an attempt to catch up.

That is also an interesting point - , that "Jonathon says it may be a “confidence” issue with him — he does not like doing things on his own.''

Perhaps if someone with a confidence problem wanted to do it, wanted to be involved, to get his revenge for whatever reason, he might hire someone to actually perform it, but yet still be there and set things up the way he wanted?

If JS needed AP to sit in on meetings with his own father for support & his business savvy, where was AP during this interview with Donovan? Why did he decline to comment?

If JS needed AP to sit in on meetings with his own father for support & his business savvy, where was AP during this interview with Donovan? Why did he decline to comment?
Interesting that Paulin refuses to be interviewed thus far? It also seems easy to get the vibe from the quoted bits of email from BS, that he didn't seem that keen on AP, nor as impressed with him as his son seemed to be. I wonder if BS had thoughts that his son may have been being controlled by his friend? JS was not interested in his father's business when he had the opportunity to start learning the business and someday take over from his father.. and AP was reportedly not interested in his own family's business.. but yet it seems that AP is interested in JS's family business, if he wanted the two (AP and JS) to be involved with succession planning.

Paulin, who has not responded to interview requests from the Star, has been Jonathon’s close friend since they met at Camp Winnebagoe summer camp. Paulin’s family founded the H. Paulin & Co hardware company in 1920, a top retailer of hardware to chains like Home Depot. Jonathon says that, like him, Paulin had no interest in his family’s business. Paulin is a graduate of the Ivey business school at Western University in London, Ont., and Jonathon — who has an engineering education from Columbia in New York — says he relies on Paulin’s financial background to support their business endeavours.

Tensions must have been high between BS and JS in the weeks before the killings, not only did JS appear to ignore the request to pay back some money, he actually asked for another $6 million, it must have been a stressful time for BS when he appeared to be under financial pressure and then finds JS has flitted off to Japan, maybe BS was about to cut off all financial support to JS.
Were JS and his partner working in the Apotex building on a daily basis?

rbbm, imo, speculation.
''I ask Jonathon why it was so important for him to bring his partner to a family business meeting, given that his father did not seem to like that idea. Jonathon says it may be a “confidence” issue with him — he does not like doing things on his own.''

On a different note, perhaps it is understandable that A. would worry that a person whom she believes "carries a gun at all times", would "pull it out and shoot her", but what intrigues me, is why would she (allegedly) think he would do this "in front of everybody"?

Who would be the "everybody", why would A think he would want to do it in front of people?
Would (shooting someone with an audience present) be a sort of victim ''shaming''?

''He says one of his siblings has told him that Alex thinks he carries a gun at all times and is going to “pull it out” and “shoot her in front of everybody.”

If " everybody " were other family members at a meeting, maybe she feared he would kill them all, and try to make it look like whoever killed the parents, finally got many other members of the family. They did feel very frightened, and all had body guards. A judge sealed documents because he thought there was a real threat to their safety.This sounds hard to believe, but so were the murders of Barry, and Honey. If a psychopathic killer is responsible, they can believe they are smarter than everyone else, and they can get away with fantasy type situations, almost like a James Bond character in the movies. Honey had a very hard time raising JS we heard. No doubt the family saw typical psychopathic behaviour patterns for years, if they were there. I don't think Alex was over reacting. She had good reason to be afraid. IMO

Must be awkward to have certain suspicions about a sibling , especially if they work with your ex, imo, speculation.
Wondering if they (A &BK) hired J Rosen together?
December 14, 2018
Apotex heir: A drug titan’s son steps in at a company in transition
''Jonathon Sherman joined Apotex’s four-person board early this year and has emerged as a key decision maker in a restructuring of one the world’s largest generic drug makers. The family owns approximately 90 per cent of Apotex through a trust controlled by Jonathon and sisters Lauren, Alexandra and Kaelen, while the remainder is held by employees. None of the sisters have worked at Apotex.''

''Along with Jonathon Sherman, brother-in-law Brad Krawczyk and 77-year-old chief executive Jack Kay joined the board last winter. Mr. Kay came out of retirement after the killings. In his new role, Jonathon Sherman has signed off on decisions that fly in the face of his father’s strategy.''

I can't help suspecting that AP was included in the meetings with BS, so that JS could prove to AP that they really did have huge financial problems with BS, and that he was not going to give them a lot more money, or forgive repayment for the loans he had already given them. It might have made AP more willing to become involved in desperate measures to solve their financial problems. IMO

I can't help suspecting that AP was included in the meetings with BS, so that JS could prove to AP that they really did have huge financial problems with BS, and that he was not going to give them a lot more money, or forgive repayment for the loans he had already given them. It might have made AP more willing to become involved in desperate measures to solve their financial problems. IMO

yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members