Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days after voting to not require masks, COVID-19 shuts down the Missouri House

"Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the building, we are exercising an abundance of caution to protect members, staff and visitors by canceling session next week," the statement reads. "Our goal is to return to work the following week."
Bbm
Shouldn't an abundance of caution to protect fellow humans ALSO include wearing masks and practicing social distancing? IMO

Troubling news out of Australia:
UK variant - in Brisbane they have had an incident where the UK variant spread to 6 other people on the same floor of a quarantine hotel.
Genomic analysis confirms direct spread - all these ppl have the same source of infection despite never being in the same room. All arrived from different countries and tested negative on arrival in Australia.
All acquired the UK variant while locked in their hotel rooms in quarantine. CCTV footage confirms no breach of protocol around PPE etc, no common contact between cases.
Investigation is underway but this implies airborne transmission via air conditioning and that this new variant is incredibly aerosolized.
Doctors warn of missing piece in Hotel Grand Chancellor investigation

wonder if there is any way cleaning or food service transmits it AND wasn't there transmission of the "old" COVID on the cruise ships through the air ducts? would like to know more about how the hotel is set up, food service, outdoor time(?), cleaning, laundry.

I apologize if this has already been posted. Tweet from Oregon Governor Kate Brown about vaccine:

https://twitter.com/OregonGovBrown/status/1350109252807913473
Last night, I received disturbing news, confirmed to me directly by General Perna of Operation Warp Speed: States will not be receiving increased shipments of vaccines from the national stockpile next week, because there is no federal reserve of doses.

@Lilibet

heard something about this also- is there another federal melt down occurring?

Last edited:
Question, does anyone know what happens if one is exposed to covid, and assumably starts to develops it, right before they get their vaccine? Tia.

there were a few healthcare workers who tested positive shortly after a first dose-

ER nurse tests positive for COVID-19 days after first dose of ...
www.10news.com › news › local-news › er-nurse-tests-...

Dec 30, 2020 — Health experts are weighing in after a local nurse tested positive for ... TV Listings · Contests · Right This Minute · The List · Cracked · Pickler & Ben · Oscars Awards ... ER nurse tests positive for COVID-19 days after first dose of vaccine, ... other local cases where health care workers became infected around ...

Doctors explain COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness after nurse ...
abc7news.com › coronavirus-vaccines-er-nurse-covid-a...

Dec 29, 2020 — ... nurse tested positive for coronavirus just days after taking her first dose of ... care workers remain enthusiastic about Pfizer vaccine, even after ...

Nurse tests positive for COVID-19 after first vaccine dose
www.ajc.com › news › nation-world › california-nurse-...

Dec 31, 2020 — Ramers mentioned other cases of health care workers getting infected after getting vaccinated. He said those cases and Matthew's illustrate that ...

so probably exposed and "had it" before the vaccine- probably no worse off than without the vaccine (?) but no immunity yet. Not sure if it stresses out the immune system doing "two things at once"... but if you do develop "vaccine antibodies" they should work against the COVID.

Do you have a link, or further evidence to support waiting 90 days? I appreciate your personal experience, but I am not sure that the medical advice is solid.
Mayo Clinic says wait 90 days:

Should I get vaccinated if I have already had COVID-19?
Getting COVID-19 might offer some natural protection or immunity from reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19. But it's not clear how long this protection lasts. Because reinfection is possible and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, it's recommended that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. If you’ve had COVID-19, wait until 90 days after your diagnosis to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Get the facts about COVID-19 vaccines
www.mayoclinic.org › coronavirus-vaccine › art-20484859

I apologize if this has already been posted. Tweet from Oregon Governor Kate Brown about vaccine:

https://twitter.com/OregonGovBrown/status/1350109252807913473
Last night, I received disturbing news, confirmed to me directly by General Perna of Operation Warp Speed: States will not be receiving increased shipments of vaccines from the national stockpile next week, because there is no federal reserve of doses.

@Lilibet

Thanks! Ironically, on local news last night there was a big story about several Immediate Care locations that had been chosen to get the vaccine. When I checked with the branch in our town this morning to see how my dh and I (mid ‘70’s) could sign up, I was told to watch their social media for information as they hadn’t received it yet and didn’t know when they would.

Since the supply seems so iffy, we will wait until the second shot can be guaranteed to be available. We didn’t expect to reach the head of the line until mid-late spring anyway, so we will just keep on doing what we’re doing. But this dishonest flip flop on the part of the federal government is a real betrayal of state governments and workers who have not yet been vaccinated, not to mention all the 65 and over folks who thought they would get the vaccination sooner than expected.
JMO

I don't think you would be allowed to get the vaccine if you answer the questions truthfully about your exposure and symptoms.

Hi anneg :)

I was actually thinking about this because someone I know got vaccinated today, but was in an environment just hours before which I would consider unsafe. I meant to be more clear, as I was referring to exposure within a few hours before being vaccinated.

I don't think you would be allowed to get the vaccine if you answer the questions truthfully about your exposure and symptoms.

Are you sure?

Because I tried to look up the CDC advice about this and I believe it said to go ahead and get the vaccine even if you think you may have COVID.

I wish it was more clear. This is their faq:

COVID-19 and Your Health.

It says go ahead and get it even if you "have had" it but nothing about what to do if the infection is current.

At any rate, I believe the information is collected for contact tracing and public health/vaccine research. I do not think people are denied the vaccine, when it's their turn, if they have a cough or a scratchy throat or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993