Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two entire planes affected by COVID days after feds clamp down | Toronto Sun
rbbm.
Jan 17, 2021
''All rows.

That’s how Health Canada described the impact of two Air Transat flights that landed in Montreal from Haiti this week, purportedly carrying so many infected passengers that everybody on board was at risk.''

''And while Transport Canada made negative COVID-19 tests mandatory on Jan. 7 for passengers boarding a Canada-bound plane, flights from Haiti are exempt from this rule until Jan. 21.

Both TS663 on Jan. 10 and TS665 on Jan 13 — operated using dual-aisle, wide-body Airbus A330s capable of carrying between 345 and 375 passengers — were identified by Health Canada as flights with confirmed COVID-19 cases.

Initially listing TS663’s affected rows as “unknown,” Health Canada updated the flight’s status on Friday to “all rows.”

Saturday’s update added TS665 to the list, likewise listed as “all rows.”

doesn't tell us why the Haiti flights are exempt until Jan. 21
not that I care - ALL travellers should've been banned long ago IMO

Last edited:
I'm at a loss here on international flights.
I can't fly out of the country to go see my loved ones in the states because the border is closed for recreational travel, but folks infected with this wretched virus are allowed to fly into the country.
This makes zero sense at all.

The vaccine roll out is definitely messed up. First the government wants to monkey with the dosage and only provide one of two required injections, next they're vaccinating by occupation and place of residence rather than by age, heath issues and key factors that are known to present higher risk of death. The wrong people are in the job of overseeing vaccination management.

Last edited:
This sudden death of a 26 year old after recovery from coronavirus left me wondering about the serious long term effects.

I think there are a lot of questions around the long term consequences of the virus including vaccine. There are covid related deaths after people recovered from the virus and those who received the vaccine - completely unexplained sudden deaths, but it's not well documented.

"Connor Reed, 26, was found dead at his halls of residence at the University of Bangor last month.

He had caught Covid while teaching English in the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the outbreak first began, late last year.

Assuming it was a bad flu, he initially shrugged it off, but spent days bedridden in his apartment before developing a serious cough and being admitted to hospital.

He then spent months under a strict lockdown in Wuhan, but appeared to recover from the virus, and had returned to the UK to begin a degree in Chinese and linguistics.

Connor's housemates found him collapsed on his bedroom floor shortly after 10pm on October 25, but his cause of death so far remains unknown.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13131655/first-brit-catch-coronavirus-dies-uni-family-truth/

"The University of Leicester and the Office for National Statistics found that out of 47,780 people discharged from hospital in the first wave, 29.4% were back in hospital within 140 days and 12.3% died. Covid survivors were three and half times more likely to be readmitted to hospital and die compared to other conditions.

The study – which has not yet been peer reviewed – is believed to be the largest yet that looks at what happened to people discharged from hospital after Covid.

The Government currently registers a death as Covid-related if the patient dies up to 28 days after a positive test. There have been nearly 8,000 deaths by this measure in the last seven days."
One in eight 'recovered' Covid patients 'die within 140 days'

Last edited:
1/8 post-covid patients who need additional hospitalization die within 140 days (4.6 months), 12% of the 30% re-admitted to hospital are added to those who did not have a 140 reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni