Found Deceased Canada - Justin Evans, 22, Gravenhurst, Ont, 12 Dec 2020

dotr

Reaction score
''BARRIE, ONT. -- The family of a missing Gravenhurst man still has no answers and is growing increasingly concerned as the holidays come and go.

Police say Justin Evans was last seen on Dec. 12 in the Kilworthy area of Gravenhurst.

The 22-year-old is six feet four inches tall with a slim build, short brown hair and blue eyes.''

"He has no enemies that we've been able to find. He has no high-risk lifestyle factors, and as far as we know, there isn't anyone who would want to cause him any harm," said "Detective and inspector Matt Watson with the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch.

Anyone with information on Evans is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers to leave an anonymous tip.''

• Family desperate to find Gravenhurst man missing since Dec. 12

• Justin Evans, 22, of Gravenhurst hasn't been heard from since Sat., Dec. 12, 2020. (Supplied)

• Justin Evans, 22, of Gravenhurst was last seen on Dec. 12, 2020. (OPP)

December 30, 2020
  • Family Asks For Public’s Help To Find Missing Man
  • ''The sister of missing 22-year-old Justin Evans made a plea on her birthday (Wednesday) to find her missing brother, who has not been seen since Saturday, December 12, 2020.

“All I want is my brother to be found, that is my one wish for my birthday it is all I could ever want.” said Kristen Wise on Wednesday “We are only a year and half apart, we were each others best friends. Please, all me and my family want is Justin to be found” she continued.

Bracebridge OPP along with the Muskoka Crime Unit and the Forensic Identification Services under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch are continuing their investigation.

On December 18, there was a heavy police presence at the Edgewater Cottages in Kilworthy connected to this investigation, but police have not provided an update.''
''Residents are encouraged to check their properties for clues that can assist with the investigation.

Family members say Justin does not drive and they know of no reason for him to go missing.

Residents are asked to check security cameras and dash cameras for footage that can assist with this investigation.''

Last edited:
Det. Insp. Matt Watson is the lead investigator on Justin’s case, called in as part of the Criminal Investigation Branch.
Watson said the case was deemed a criminal investigation virtually from the start and investigators are actively working on leads.
“We still consider it criminally suspicious,” he said. “It’s a very mysterious case.”
Watson would not confirm whether there are any persons of interest at this point, saying that is evidence that could impact the investigation.

Where is missing Gravenhurst man, Justin Evans?

Det. Insp. Matt Watson is the lead investigator on Justin’s case, called in as part of the Criminal Investigation Branch.
Watson said the case was deemed a criminal investigation virtually from the start and investigators are actively working on leads.
“We still consider it criminally suspicious,” he said. “It’s a very mysterious case.”
Watson would not confirm whether there are any persons of interest at this point, saying that is evidence that could impact the investigation.

Snipped
It was Dec. 12 when B.’s wife J., Justin’s mother, last heard from her son via text. She had asked if he was able to get time off for the holidays from his job at McLaren Press Graphics.

It hasn’t been confirmed yet, Justin texted back.

Now B. wonders if it was even Justin who wrote the message. It wasn’t until Monday, Dec. 14 that Justin’s roommate and co-worker told anyone he hadn’t seen Justin, who he carpooled to work with every day from their home at Muskoka Falls Camp and Trailer park in Kilworthy.

B., who called OPP right away to report Justin missing that night, said: “The part that eats at us the most is that they waited three days to look for him.”

Jan 8 2021
JustinEvansKristenWise___Super_Portrait.jpg

Justin Evans (left) and his sister, Kristen Wise. - James Bolton photo
Screen_Shot_2020-12-15_at_7.50.30_AM___Super_Portrait.jpg

Justin Evans, 22, was last seen on the morning of Dec. 12 in Kilworthy. - OPP photo
''Where is missing Gravenhurst man, Justin Evans?
“The person who did it, you know who you are, please come forward:" Justin's father''

Family desperate to find Gravenhurst man missing since Dec. 12
''Evans was last seen wearing a grey winter coat, jeans and camouflage boots.

"Justin's never not had contact with us or gone missing before. We are very concerned about his whereabouts and if he's okay or not because he would never just disappear," Evans added.

The family says Justin left his wallet behind the day he disappeared.

The OPP is working alongside the Muskoka Crime Unit and the Forensic Identification Service to try and find the Gravenhurst man.

"He has no enemies that we've been able to find. He has no high-risk lifestyle factors, and as far as we know, there isn't anyone who would want to cause him any harm," said "Detective and inspector Matt Watson with the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch.

Anyone with information on Evans is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers to leave an anonymous tip.''

Thank you for starting this thread! This is local to me and I can't believe there isn't more out there....

ETA: Facebook group for Justin: Bring Justin Evans Home
Thank you for the link! The updates by JW and others along with other comments are informative and very interesting. I hope they can find Justin soon. :(

Family, 'fearing the worst,' pleads for information about missing man - OrilliaMatters.com
22 Jan 2021

Foul play has not been ruled out and it is considered criminally suspicious,” said OPP Det.-Insp. Matt Watson. Evans’s disappearance “is still an active investigation and we continue to follow up on all leads,” Watson said, noting the search efforts have included aviation, canine and analytical services as well as the Emergency Response Team.

“We remain very concerned for Justin and his family is desperate to learn of his whereabouts,” Watson said. “I’m urging anyone with information, no matter how insignificant they may think it is, to contact (Bracebridge) OPP. If they wish to remain anonymous, then please call Crime Stoppers.”

Quite puzzling why his...roommates I should say? were so slow to notice and do more about him disappearing specially since his friend and him worked at the same place
Gives me some Maya Millete vibes and I don't like that.

Let's hope he can be found, whichever way that is.

JMO.

Virtual vigil in support of missing Gravenhurst man Justin Evans reaches across the country
Justin_Evans_vigil_photo____Super_Portrait.jpg

February 17, 2021
''According to his family, Evans is a laid-back, kind, responsible person who spent a lot of time with his extended, close-knit family, often helping out with the family business, Wise Choice Sporting Goods and Gunsmithing.

As Christmas passed, followed by the birthdays of both his sisters, the unanswered questions continue to pile up.

“We know enough to know he didn’t just wander off,” Holborn said. The family’s focus remains on finding Evans and bring him home, she said.

“What we want is to play on the heart of that person who knows something,” she said. “We want him with our family instead of out there alone.”

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Justin Evans, please contact Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122.

You can also contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477 or report information online at crimestopperssdm.com.''

Geez. This is getting scarier and scarier. What in the world happened in that trailer park? Justin must have seen or known something he wasn't supposed to about this other death they're investigating. I'm putting my faith in LE. I hope they can find Justin soon and make whatever arrests are necessary. MOO

‘Holding pattern:’ police say missing Gravenhurst man’s case waiting on forensics analysis
Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The case ... is in a “holding pattern” until the results of "several items" sent for forensic testing return, ...

Snip

...it is taking time to process that evidence “because of the level of thoroughness we’ve asked for with some of the exhibits.” “Once we have all the results back from CFS I think we’ll have a clearer picture,” he said.

The January sudden death of another resident of the trailer park is also under Watson’s purview but he would not comment on whether it is linked to the Evans case.

I just heard about this case on YT. Wow! There are so many hinky vibes with this one. It’s already been a while with nothing new (that we know if). Prayers for his family.
ITA with the hinky vibes!!o_O There are too many inconsistencies in the stories that came from some of the folks involved in Justin's case. There are two theories that I think may explain Justin's disappearance:

1) Money! I'd like to know when Justin most recently received a paycheck and how much money he had access to when he vanished. I can't help but think perhaps his disappearance had something to do with all the Christmas shopping. I'd also like to know who received what as Christmas gifts and what were the costs of those gifts. We know someone was sporting Justin's sunglasses, so what else was taken from him, I wonder? ;)

2) Sex! Some may think that perhaps Justin and dude's gf may have had a secret fling or that Justin may have made unwanted advances toward her which might have led to a violent encounter in the shed. While I think that's possible I don't know if Justin is the type to ruin a friendship over a girl who admittedly didn't even like him as a friend. However, I wonder if there's someone who, while under the influence of alcohol (or whatever), might have made a pass at Justin in the shed. I could certainly see that getting out of hand which in turn led to violence. I've no reason to suspect that, but the idea sits right in the pit of my gut. :confused:

I hope and pray the forensic evidence taken from the shed includes enough biological evidence to give the authorities the answers they need to move forward with Justin's case. He strikes me as the kind of young man any of us would want as our son, brother, friend, etc. I hate this for his loved ones. :(

All of the above is MOO.

ITA with the hinky vibes!!o_O There are too many inconsistencies in the stories that came from some of the folks involved in Justin's case. There are two theories that I think may explain Justin's disappearance:

1) Money! I'd like to know when Justin most recently received a paycheck and how much money he had access to when he vanished. I can't help but think perhaps his disappearance had something to do with all the Christmas shopping. I'd also like to know who received what as Christmas gifts and what were the costs of those gifts. We know someone was sporting Justin's sunglasses, so what else was taken from him, I wonder? ;)

2) Sex! Some may think that perhaps Justin and dude's gf may have had a secret fling or that Justin may have made unwanted advances toward her which might have led to a violent encounter in the shed. While I think that's possible I don't know if Justin is the type to ruin a friendship over a girl who admittedly didn't even like him as a friend. However, I wonder if there's someone who, while under the influence of alcohol (or whatever), might have made a pass at Justin in the shed. I could certainly see that getting out of hand which in turn led to violence. I've no reason to suspect that, but the idea sits right in the pit of my gut. :confused:

I hope and pray the forensic evidence taken from the shed includes enough biological evidence to give the authorities the answers they need to move forward with Justin's case. He strikes me as the kind of young man any of us would want as our son, brother, friend, etc. I hate this for his loved ones. :(

All of the above is MOO.

I had the same thought(s) as you.

The two sheds are a bit puzzling for me, if he had a shed with his stuff in it then why was he in the other shed that day? Which shed was found in disarray and what does that mean, did it look like a fight took place or someone searched for something?

Was blood found there and that's why police thinks foul play?

Was he paying rent to this family?

How severe was his injury from the week before's accident? Could that have any relevance to his disappearance?

If best friend's girlfriend didn't like him, what was the general dynamics, was this building up negative feelings in best friend?

I wonder why Justin didn't drive? Usually it's a rite of passage for a boy to get his license, especially those who live in rural environments. I live very close to this area and most kids I knew were chomping at the bit to start driving legally since most already knew how to drive using rural back roads.

There is something very off about the sequence of events of Justin living in the same home as the person he drove and worked with and them never showing the slightest interest in his absence, not even checking his room for nearly 3 days. The disarray of the shed could be related to an physical altercation or someone making it appear there was one.

It concerns me that his friend is seen wearing his sunglasses and the fact that the father lied about the trip to Barrie. Was he trying to create an alibi for his son?

I dont think Justin's height would him from harm. Jake Just went missing over 25 years ago in Midland not too far from here and he was a burly 6 foot 3.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit of drug use in these rural areas and I wonder if Justin somehow got involved, even if unintentionally. . There was a big bust in Muskoka in December related to an opioid death (maybe the unrelated death?). A few of those charged were from Bracebridge.

I wonder why Justin didn't drive? Usually it's a rite of passage for a boy to get his license, especially those who live in rural environments. I live very close to this area and most kids I knew were chomping at the bit to start driving legally since most already knew how to drive using rural back roads.

There is something very off about the sequence of events of Justin living in the same home as the person he drove and worked with and them never showing the slightest interest in his absence, not even checking his room for nearly 3 days. The disarray of the shed could be related to an physical altercation or someone making it appear there was one.

It concerns me that his friend is seen wearing his sunglasses and the fact that the father lied about the trip to Barrie. Was he trying to create an alibi for his son?

I dont think Justin's height would him from harm. Jake Just went missing over 25 years ago in Midland not too far from here and he was a burly 6 foot 3.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit of drug use in these rural areas and I wonder if Justin somehow got involved, even if unintentionally. . There was a big bust in Muskoka in December related to an opioid death (maybe the unrelated death?). A few of those charged were from Bracebridge.

According to 'best friend' Justin smoked pot regularly but not sure it's true. That doesn't mean he'd try harder stuff imo but he might have seen something he was not supposed to?

Perhaps he has health problems preventing him from driving cars?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back