FL FL - Nancy Bochicchio, 47, & Joey Bochicchio-Hauser, 7, Boca Raton, 12 Dec 2007

I keep hoping there is an answer to these murders. In the second article they ask if a serial killer is responsible, I say yes. From the article:

Even though all these cases happened near or at the same mall, police have said in the past they do not believe Randi Gorenberg’s death is connected to the two other cases from the same year.
Unlike the unidentified woman and Nancy Bochicchio, Randi Gorenberg was not bound with zip ties and blinded by blacked-out goggles.

My feeling is Randi was the first one killed from the mall. She fought him and he changed tatics and used the zipties/ blackout goggles for more control. Many in LE think he husband had something to do with it but I think they are just pointing to him because they have no leads. Sad.

Also, remember that LE didn't believe the second woman's story about her and her son being kidnapped and driven around. They didn't believe until Nancy and Joey were killed. IMO these detectives need to start over with fresh eyes.

And could the killer be Israel Keys? The composite sure looks like him.

This is no junkie.. a junkie wants the money fast...not doing a ritual of goggles and tying up etc..this killer is getting the thrill from terrifying a mother to her death..the killer is getting off by the horrific horrific terrifying last moments of a mother not knowing what is gonna happen to her child.. the robbery is to try to throw people of.. robbery has nothing to do with this.. putting fear into women before they die is his enjoyment.. a junkie can't function long enough to pull this premeditated tragedy off.

Horrific this is what i think falls in line

Profile:

25-45 year old male Caucasian, possibly hispanic
average height and build
Organized and goal oriented
follows a distinct signature
uses a firearm as opposed to a knife
educated
has a drivers license
works in area near or has lived near the Town center mall
has had ties to home improvement centers (retailers)
possibly has an abusive male adult figure in his life while growing up
took items from his victims
responds violently when his goal / plan is interrupted
he is possibly incarcerated or has moved out of the jurisdiction

Does anyone have any information regarding DNA evidence in this case? Have police ever publicly discussed what DNA evidence from the scenes, if any, exists? Wondering whether the tactic used to catch Golden State Killer (submission of DNA sample to genealogy site to find his relatives) is also being done in this case.

It appears police have made reference to there being DNA evidence of at least decent quality present at the Gorenberg scene. But I’m still uncertain as to whether they have ever publicly discussed non-victim DNA evidence that might have been retrieved from the Bochicchio scene.

Horrific this is what i think falls in line

Profile:

25-45 year old male Caucasian, possibly hispanic
average height and build
Organized and goal oriented
follows a distinct signature
uses a firearm as opposed to a knife
educated
has a drivers license
works in area near or has lived near the Town center mall
has had ties to home improvement centers (retailers)
possibly has an abusive male adult figure in his life while growing up
took items from his victims
responds violently when his goal / plan is interrupted
he is possibly incarcerated or has moved out of the jurisdiction

Have you by chance heard anything new about the case?

This is no junkie.. a junkie wants the money fast...not doing a ritual of goggles and tying up etc..this killer is getting the thrill from terrifying a mother to her death..the killer is getting off by the horrific horrific terrifying last moments of a mother not knowing what is gonna happen to her child.. the robbery is to try to throw people of.. robbery has nothing to do with this.. putting fear into women before they die is his enjoyment.. a junkie can't function long enough to pull this premeditated tragedy off.

Have you by chance heard anything new about the case?

I keep hoping there is an answer to these murders. In the second article they ask if a serial killer is responsible, I say yes. From the article:

Even though all these cases happened near or at the same mall, police have said in the past they do not believe Randi Gorenberg’s death is connected to the two other cases from the same year.
Unlike the unidentified woman and Nancy Bochicchio, Randi Gorenberg was not bound with zip ties and blinded by blacked-out goggles.

My feeling is Randi was the first one killed from the mall. She fought him and he changed tatics and used the zipties/ blackout goggles for more control. Many in LE think he husband had something to do with it but I think they are just pointing to him because they have no leads. Sad.

Hi Colette, have you heard anything new on this one?

I've not heard anything new on this...I'm clear across the county, but have this thread on my "watched threads" list. This case terrifies me so much! It's haunting, and just so freaking scary. Particularly frightening even in the midst of all we see at Websleuths.
And welcome to @kevin deutsch --it's nice to have you here, and you are not too difficult to look at, I must say ;) I hope your work helps bring more attention to this case and, eventually, justice and some closure.

I took a semi-deep dive in this case this afternoon after seeing the thread bumped. Looks like the latest media on the case was from the BRPD FB page from seven months ago when they released a 8 minute profile of the case. The first thing I noticed is that the Gorenberg case is not mentioned in it. Only the Bochicchio case and the one four months prior of the Jane doe and child who survived. Apparently they are not convinced the RG case is related and frankly from reading up on her case I also have my doubts. Her's is a strange case with the husband not cooperating to the extent they would like. You also have her credit cards being used in CT and MA but apparently the ones using them are not thought to be involved. There's also the POI and ms13 member they were looking for and eventually found but didn't have PC to arrest. I've seen no mention of DNA in either case save for a single article where reportedly they might have some in the RG case. It appears there a a standstill.

This is probably a stretch, but we are working on a podcast and have been trying to find unsolved crimes that may possibly link to the cold case we are investigating. Though there are differences, there are also many similarities. This is the case we are looking into:
We believe the person that committed this murder, also murdered Bonnie Goodson, Antonio Zuco and Mary Ellen Wise. He tends to travel, so though these murders are not in the area, there are ties to Central Florida and South Florida. He seems bold in his crimes, money seems to be a factor and he seems to get triggered.
Just a thought in case anyone might know anything that could be helpful. Thanks!

I been reading up on alot of armed robberies and kidnappings in the Palm Beach area and it seems to me that this part of a ring of robber's.. even recently I read that a girl from a publix was kidnaped and held for money and then an older man said a group of four people in a blue car and robbed him. I also read about a young mother Teresa Ann Russo who was kidnaped and killed 1995 after leaving Palm Beach outlet mall after closing a store she worked at and had money to deposit for the store. She was found dead a few days later shot to death in her car and the money was gone.. I also feel like Israel Keyes does look like a perfect match for the drawling of the Boca malls suspect.. I don't feel he was this notorious serial killer they have him out to be.. I looked at all his traveling and yes I believe he has killed but I believe he was also apart of this ring or gang that traveled all over the us committing robberies and sometimes killed if things didn't go as planned.. I saw he traveled alot to south America.. to me it sounds very odd that all the traveling he did that his girlfriend wasn't aware of anything.. I think because she new that he was in this ring.. this is just my opinion.. I do think that the Randi gorenberg murder is definitely connected.. I think she fought the attacker and he did come better prepared the next time.. the women at who wouldn't get in the car with him and threw her purse and got away didn't get a chance to be tied up with the zip ties and the Google's.. also there was that report about a male following a woman in a different mall in Florida after the Boca mall murders and someone called police and said he looked like the sketch of the suspect. But police interviewed him and he was a different color but had in a backpack the floppy hat and glasses like the man in the sketch not that I think it was him but that's why I feel it's a ring of people

What hurts a lot is that he killed the child Joey.

Yes that is the most heartbreaking part to me, is little Joey and her mom Nancy.. Every one of the victims lives were so important but what drove me to this case was that part of Joey and Nancy and how terrifying that a child and mother were found murdered in their car outside a mall.. and also the way they were shot and had to put goggles on.. so sad!

Hello all, I’m not here but not new to true crime on the net.

First let me start out by saying, a few years ago I used to date a girl who lived about 10 minutes from this mall, and it was saddening to drive by the mall because of the crime that took place there. It bothered me when my LSAT tutor—who lived walking distance from the mall—asked if we could have our study session there. I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate. With that said, I’m a semi-local due to being in the same county, and I remember hearing about this when it first happened. It is heartbreaking to know that someone killed anyone, let alone and mother and her young child. I was a senior in high school when this crime happened, and it really heightened the anxiety for a bunch of people.
So now, let me share my thoughts.

In regards to the Israel Keyes talk; Keyes isn’t the perp here. This perp with the same MØ twice, and committed a virtually identical crime a few months prior to this. Keyes was too careful not to do stuff like that, and in the first crime, the perp let the victim go after they stopped at the ATM; nowhere near what Keyes’ MØ would be.

There was another crime suspected to be linked to this one (I’m not going to say the name in this thread), and it took place in the same area, with a robbery MO also, but also ended in murder; I don’t think that crime is connected to this. The only crime that see being connected is the one that police have confirmed was “99%” him, the one in which he let the mother and child walk free after he got the money.

This is just my opinion on the guy, and why I think that robbery, as opposed to murder, was his ultimate objective in these crime.

This guy had planned this out long in advance, and he had a very specific victim profile. He specifically choose women with younger children that rode in car seats, and the reason he did so is actually two-fold.

1. Victims will be more likely to comply with the perp, as they not only fear for their own safety, but more importantly they fear for the safety of their child.
  2. The fact that women are distracted while putting their child in a car seat buys him time to step up and make the initial part of the attack. It gives him the advantage.

What went wrong in that SUV on that December is anyone’s guess, but what the outcome was became heartbreaking. This man is an animal, and one that decided to kill a child and her mother, and for the purpose of his own greed.

What would possess someone to even go out and commit a crime like this, or even the first one where he let the mother and child go?

I believe that the this perp was in dire need of money at the time of this crime. It’s possible that he needed money for drugs, may have lost his job and needed money for rent, and his need is irrelevant when considering what he was willing to for that money. I believe that he was familiar with the area (near Boca Town Center), and he may have even lived around that area, or worked in that area; he may have possibly even worked at the mall itself. People say that a junkie is a snatch and grab type, but that isn’t always the case. Boca is a wealthy area that is known for being close to cities that are basically considered “The Rehab Capitol of America”.

The cell phone in Miami connection says a lot too. The phone was left in an area that homeless people frequent, but why did he choose that area, and how did he get there?

I feel like the Miami thing for him is most likely to get far away from the crime scene, and to go to a bigger city where he could’ve felt safer as Boca’s news usually doesn’t make headlines in Miami (it’s an hour away). There is a strong possibility that this perp may have been homeless at that time too, and a strong possibility that he may have taken public transport to end up in Miami also (The Tri-Rail).

The biggest thing that says robbery, and not murder was the motive, is the fact that this guy hasn’t popped up on the radar for any other killings, nor has any crime been connected to him since this one. My honest opinion would be that he became so shook from the amount of coverage that this crime garnered, he just decided that he was going to stop. I would venture to say that he’s probably still in South Florida somewhere, but that he’s probably not out committing crimes still. However, he did kill a mother and her child in cold blood like a coward, and I hope for him to get caught, so the victims and their family could have justice.

Did they ever say where the googles came from? Did Nancy buy them at the mall? Did they have them in the vehicle? Did the perp bring them? Did he buy them at the mall and a chance meeting in the mall drew his attention to them? To me they are the biggest clue. If he brought or bought them that day it seems premeditated. If he did do the prior robbery where they drove to the atm and then let them go, he may not have wanted to make that mistake again. No witnesses.

Joey was nearly eight though. She didn't need a car seat. Aiming for a mother with a toddler would have been more sensible. It speaks of desperation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back