Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

Yes, Tim Miller is speechless, and I’d imagine he’s seen a lot over the years. I wonder if the employees saw her in Marshall’s before she left without her phone and if the baby was with her then? Did she leave with someone or by herself? So weird.

FOUND SAFE ABC13-Courtney Fischer
BREAKING - missing mom, Laura “Lacie” Read has been found (per
Texas EquuSearch
).
Laura’s father says she’s texted him to say she’s okay. It’s not clear where exactly Laura is—or what really happened last night.
For more than 24 hours, volunteers have been searching for Laura after her 19 month-old son was found alone in her car, left at a Montrose strip center.

I just came across this thread. This is unexpected news from Mr. Miller. I’ve skimmed the details. Following this interesting development.

UPDATE: Missing mom texts dad and says ‘she is alright’ after baby found alone in car [Report]

Thank you everyone, added to media thread. :)

I find it intriguing that Mr. Miller says the picture she sent doesn’t look like the picture TES had of her. I’m wondering if i’ts because they only had a picture of LR in full make-up and a wig and not the natural one or because something happened to her face?

He looked like he was gonna tear up out of frustration at the very end. Emotional investment is clear. I want to hug him. ❤️

Tim had just said “This turned out much better than I thought it would......I didn’t think we would find a ‘live’ Laura.” Tim’s own daughter was Laura, who was murdered in ‘84. I can not imagine that pain, and that this missing person was also named Laura must have prompted memories of that time when he would have given anything to have found a live Laura. Heartbreaking and gut-wrenching.

I’m not clear if the father thinks the photo is of her or if Tim doesn’t think so. Or both?

IMHO it is TIM who is saying the picture she sent to her dad this morning does not look like the pictures they had been using in the search.

Since dad is the one saying the search should be called off, I think he believes it was his daughter who contacted him this morning via text and with a picture of herself.

Last edited:
Listening to Tim....

Could she be held against her will? Unable to say/share more .... disguised, not by choice...

Asking to call off the search... because she's started a new life or because there's an abductor telling her what to say?

I think she could be in even more danger.

JMO

Tim had just said “This turned out much better than I thought it would......I didn’t think we would find a ‘live’ Laura.” Tim’s own daughter was Laura, who was murdered in ‘84. I can not imagine that pain, and that this missing person was also named Laura must have prompted memories of that time when he would have given anything to have found a live Laura. Heartbreaking and gut-wrenching.
Oh, you’re right. I forgot. So symbolic. I could feel his pain. It was hard to watch. Now I know why. Thank you.

IF she's with a captor, she may have extra makeup to disguise injuries.... she may be trying to communicate subliminally with her dad, subliminally if the captor is right there. Hard to blink Morse Code in a text.

I'm not convinced she left her baby voluntarily.

I hope LE stays on top of this, even if covertly.

Listening to Tim....

Could she be held against her will? Unable to say/share more .... disguised, not by choice...

Asking to call off the search... because she's started a new life or because there's an abductor telling her what to say?

I think she could be in even more danger.

JMO
Yes. I do not think this story is over yet. Curiosity peaked.

Oh my,,,, it sure sounded wrapped up and sealed a done deal from earlier.
Now that I’ve watched Tim Miller I’m going to wait in the fence. I have NEVER seen Tim this shocked or speechless.

The timeline on Saturday night seems pretty tight.
Tim Miller said:
“She sent a picture(selfie) to her father at about 10 minutes til 8 (pm) and then at 8:22 (pm) was when her vehicle was found”.

IMHO it is TIM who is saying the picture she sent to her dad this morning does not look like the pictures they had been using in the search.

Since dad is the one saying the search should be called off, I think he believes it was his daughter who contacted him this morning via text and with a picture of herself.
At about the 2:08 minute mark Tim mentions the picture she sent her dad looks “fairly disturbing “ to say the least.

She must look pretty rough.
I’m also thinking drugs. That could account for looking disturbingly different, IMO. She has to be with someone b/c she used somebody’s phone this morning to text her dad, although she could have bought a new one I guess. Drugs is one of the few things I can think of that a mother would leave her baby for. Or a man. Or both. :(

Can someone give me the cliff notes version? Was this a voluntary missing and she left her son in a parked car? What the heck?

Can someone give me the cliff notes version? Was this a voluntary missing and she left her son in a parked car? What the heck?

It has not been confirmed by LE that this was a voluntary missing case.
TES’s Tim Miller gave an interview after 11 this morning saying she has contacted her father and that her dad believes it was her and that she wants the search called off. Watch Tim’s interview here for the best current capsule summary.

https://khou.com/embeds/video/285-e550f4a2-e111-4b26-b4f6-b190b73113a0/iframe?jwsource=cl

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back