20 years without justice, Shawn Allison, LaPine, Oregon, 20 Nov 2000

i am so sorry for your loss. i cant imagine the pain. Was there any autopsy or crime scene photos? i know its a dark question to ask but if we could determine the trajectory (path) of the gunshot, and if he held the gun.

Just finished reading, the lack of police work is just horrible, will keep working on it tho.

Hello, thank you for your words of solace, they are much appreciated. No, there was no autopsy, against Oregon statute, there should have been one. We got a 'pat on the head" and "well, we'll make sure all deaths get an autopsy from now on"....It was literally like the Keystone Cops, except most of these guys are criminals (there have been over 2oo police officers arrested for crimes in this county, and most of them still work for their respective forces). They did take photos, which is why I am convinced someone else shot him. The cabin was small and if you look at my hand drawing of the interior, you will see where I marked the middle of the room as where he was shot. Captain White deduced that from JUST the blood spatter, which was all over the cabinets on the kitchen side, NOT on the wall or the huge white bible by his head (sorry, I did most of that just weeks after his death). Captain White (sp?) came to the cabin after the furniture was moved out and the blood spatter was all he had to go on. It would seem Shawn was standing facing the front door and he was shot at almost level in the left side of his face toward his right ear. Excuse the graphic speak, but it blew his back right side of his head off and that spatter went to the right on the kitchen cabinets and behind him towards the kitchen sink. He kept the dog dishes in front of that sink cabinet and part of his skull was laying by the dishes. The wall behind him on that couch should have been covered in blood and it was not, I think there were like 3 tiny dots of blood on the wall behind the couch and NONE on the giant bible less than 6 inches from where his head is resting (I will have to find the rest of the crime photos and upload them). I don't think he held the gun that night, but it was one of our dad's so I am sure he shot it at some point. If you look at the photo where his feet are propped up on the gun, that doesn't even make sense, whether he was sitting or stranding, there is not much room for his FEET between that box and the couch, Shawn has size 14 shoes, I don't see how any kick back could have caused his feet to come out from behind that box, let alone up high enough to get on that gun. Even if he had been sitting sideways, there is no way for the impact to blow him back hard enough to jump his feet up like that, it just doesn't make sense. There is also the fact that Tad called Shawn's phone like 23 times between 2 am and 7 am on the 19th (why I know he died Saturday night, not Monday), I think he may still have been breathing and Tad was freaking out. Tad also slipped and screamed at me that "you *advertiser censored* let him lay out there for 2 days" when there should have been no way for Tad to know when Shawn was shot, unless he was there (he was, how did he get the dog?). They didn't even do ballistic tests or test his hands to see if he shot the gun, it was literally a cursory look and suicide declaration. And, again, WHERE are the bloody doggy paw prints? Shawn would never have done this with that dog there, he would have left Nikki at mom's. There is also the "note", we were told he did write it, but it was not like any suicide note the agency had ever seen. It was like Shawn was forced to write it. I'll have to find it and upload it as well. It just says, "I didn't do it, please take care of my dog and daughter" (can't remember the rest, will find it)...BUT....it is found on the counter top near the refrigerator (under the cabinets that caught most of the blood). It is written on the back of a large white envelope and it was sitting on the counter in the middle of the bloody mess.....however, it too, was spotless, not one drop of blood on a white envelope. It had to have been places there after he was shot or it would be covered like the cabinets and rest of the counter top. There are so many "things" with this case, too many "things" for this to just be a cut and dried suicide. Thank you for ANY insight whatsoever. I know I am too close to it and I function on anger.

@Sonicdrama , please remember self-care. Sometimes, you may need to step back from Shawn's story to protect yourself.

Justice for Shawn, and for you & your family, may unfold very, very slowly.

images

@Oregon
@Oregonlights
@Oregonmama

Just looking for posters from Oregon, who may know other ways to support your search for justice.

Best, Laughing

jmho ymmv lrr

Happy New Year Laughing!!.........you are so right. I did "give it up" for a couple years, because of what you said. Now I find somewhere t-o post his story on the anniversary.........I feel like once a year to "try", is something I can do. I KNOW I may never get answers, it would be lovely if the only thing that happened was it being re-classified from suicide to ANYTHING else, just I KNOW HE DID NOT SHOOT HIMASELF.............and I have tried to "think" maybe he did. I KNOW HE DID NOT.....I wish all 2021 blessings for everyone..............next yeat has got to be better ...........Much love, Rita

I am open to any thoughts. After 20 years, I was watching something that made me "think". It was a similar "murder by suicide" and they hired an independent forensic dr. It was noticed that "it was very hard for a right handed person to pull the trigger on the left side". Shawn was right handed. Rifle and wound on the left side. Hard to believe I missed that.

@Sonicdrama , dearie, you're thinking about Shawn, as you should. Investigators are paid (and trained) to look for those enlightening details....

Maybe you'll have the chance to explain Shawn to the right investigator???

Hope you're doing well here in exciting 2021!

@Sonicdrama , dearie, you're thinking about Shawn, as you should. Investigators are paid (and trained) to look for those enlightening details....

Maybe you'll have the chance to explain Shawn to the right investigator???

Hope you're doing well here in exciting 2021!
Thank you!....I am well...hope you are too!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back