Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just such a sad case imo. Those babies will not be found because all of this happened so long ago. Unless LE can find the last known sighting there is no way to know when they last existed. There is no way to know how or why they disappeared them. I’m really upset with the AM more than anything. I’ll leave it at that. My intuition says we should look at her. I think she holds the answers.
Sadly, I agree they won’t be found unless someone gives up where they are located. I don’t know how a couple who had 4 other children could keep such a horrible secret. JMO

Maybe the tech that LE took from them will have clues similar to Alex Cox's phone. His phone literally told LE where JJ and Tylee were buried. It could be why LE was digging in Bakersfield.

I had no idea a phone could track you like that, even months later. In a way, I think it's a good thing in case anything happened, my phone could tell the story.

I felt that as well, but the fact that TWO kids are missing makes it harder to beleive the accident theory.

Moreso for me is the constant head nodding she does after every one of her husband's statements.....as if she is confirming he is getting the different parts of the story they discussed, correct.
"Out of our yard". "Throwing wood" " Don't let them go on the dirt" " we're going through it" " The Bio Family" look how mean they are. MOO

When you adopt children do they look into your income to ensure you can support the children?
Yes, they look at your bank statements, your credit report and talk to your employer. Your employer has to fill out a form, confirming your income, they ask for a current bank statement the day they do your adoption homestudy. So in April of 2019, (or around that time) they had to have some form of income outside of fostering children.

I think they need to look at AM’s phone. I think it will be monumental. I want so much to be against TW but after sifting through videos, I think it’s her. I think he is the secondary perpetrator. None the less he is guilty but she is the mastermind. I think she got rid of those children after the $ ran out along with her patience.

Yes, they look at your bank statements, your credit report and talk to your employer. Your employer has to fill out a form, confirming your income, they ask for a current bank statement the day they do your adoption homestudy. So in April of 2019, (or around that time) they had to have some form of income outside of fostering children.
All of this is very interesting, as I still have only seen one potential lead on employment for TW and that was from back in 2017.

What level of income is required? Can someone making minimum wage, who lives in an apartment adopt a child? Not being facetious, I really have no idea how it works. What level of stability is required?

When you adopt children do they look into your income to ensure you can support the children?
Maybe it depends on the state. We petitioned the court here to declare our grandchild a child in of care and asked for guardianship. Which lasts until he’s 18. They did background checks and credit checks Medical , Home etc. the court documents did state that we DID have the finances to fully support him and we had lived in our homes for such and such amount of time. That we still had a minor child of our own in the home. And we would provide for him in the same way (equal ) we provide for own child. They even Checked into our child’s schooling and verified we kept her in school and the school never had any concerns about her.
It was like they went into way more then I expected. But maybe it was because my grand wasn’t in state custody ... yet that’s what we were trying to prevent. Anyway they checked out everything possible.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread has become rife with TOS violations.

Rumors are not allowed. The only information that is allowed for discussion is from MSM, LE, or other WS approved sources. If what you are discussing is not from those approved sources, it is not allowed.

Sleuthing anyone not officially named by LE as POIs or suspects is not allowed.

Making insinuations or direct accusations or bashing anyone is not allowed. This includes family. Members may respectfully discuss what is contained in MSM or what has been released by LE or other WS approved sources.

Only 1 video by the AV group has been allowed because it contains the neighbor’s surveillance video for discussion. Commentary by the hosts is not allowed .. only comments about the surveillance video itself. No other podcast by them has been approved and that decision has not changed.

This is Tricia's house, Tricia's rules. She would not come to your house and violate your house rules. Please extend her the same courtesy.

WS has high standards for a reason. If members can't post in accordance with Websleuths Terms of Service, they will be placed on a temporary or permanent thread reply ban, or lose all WS posting privileges entirely.

Maybe the tech that LE took from them will have clues similar to Alex Cox's phone. His phone literally told LE where JJ and Tylee were buried. It could be why LE was digging in Bakersfield.

I had no idea a phone could track you like that, even months later. In a way, I think it's a good thing in case anything happened, my phone could tell the story.
And anything that was deleted can be found. They have all types of ways to get that data .

... What level of income is required? Can someone making minimum wage, who lives in an apartment adopt a child? Not being facetious, I really have no idea how it works. What level of stability is required?

1. Determining eligibility to adopt is based on a process of mutual assessment and preparation by the prospective adoptive parents and social worker or agency, called a home study. Most people are eligible to adopt, regardless of whether they are married or single, their age, income, or sexual orientation. | Who Can Adopt? - Child Welfare Information Gateway

2. I don't own my own home, or I live in an apartment. May I adopt?

YES. You don't have to own a house to give a home. You may rent or own as long as your home is safe and has enough room for family members. What is most important is the love, understanding and guidance you can offer a child. | Adoptions

3. This is regarding people speculating about if the parents got money for adopting Orrin & Orson.

Is there financial assistance provided once the adoption is final?

The Adoption Assistance Program can provide financial assistance and some medical coverage for many of today's waiting foster children. This assistance may continue until the child is age 18 or, in certain circumstances, age 21. | Adoptions | Adoption Assistance Program

Adoption Assistance Program

The Adoption Assistance Program (AAP) is an entitlement program to provide financial and medical coverage to facilitate the adoption of children who otherwise would remain in long-term foster care. Public Law 96-272 - the Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980 created federal incentives to encourage the adoption of special needs children. The California State Legislature created the Adoption Assistance Program with the intent to provide the security and stability of a permanent home through adoption. AAP eligible children may receive federally funded benefits or non-federally funded benefits per state guidelines. The request for AAP benefits, the eligibility determination, benefit negotiation and execution of the AAP agreement must be completed prior to the adoption finalization.

What are the AAP benefits that an AAP eligible child may receive?
  • Monthly negotiated rate
  • Medical coverage (Medicaid/Medi-Cal)
  • Reimbursement of Nonrecurring adoption expenses (up to $400 per child per adoption)
  • Payment for an eligible out of home placement
  • Payment for eligible Wraparound services
  • Benefits may continue in a subsequent adoption
  • Continues regardless of the adoptive family’s state or country of residence
  • If eligible, benefits may continue to age 21
What is the amount of the monthly financial AAP benefit?

The negotiated AAP benefits are based on the child’s needs and the circumstances of the family which may not exceed the rate the child would have received had they remained in foster care. The intent of AAP benefits is to assist adoptive parents with their child’s lifelong needs and not the short-term monetary needs that may occur during a crisis. If the child’s needs require a higher level of care and supervision, they may be eligible to receive a Special Care Increment (SCI) in addition to the AAP basic rate. A child who is developmentally delayed and eligible to receive California Regional Center services may receive the dual agency rate plus eligible supplemental rate.

So they get the monthly money for each boy, and would get a supplemental check on top of their monthly if the boys had any special needs. With Orrin and Orson that would be four separate checks for their four adopted children. The other two are their biological per the West family's official statement (Adoptive family of missing California City boys issues statement | KGET 17). I hope that answered some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong