Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they will disclose the names of Sumter Does...

I believe that the way the system works is: people who have been murdered will always have their names released, sooner or later. (It might be delayed while LE considers if there’s now a suspect for the murder.)

But if someone dies by suicide or accident, as a rule whether the name is released to the public is up to the family.

Not involved but congratulations to whoever was! Hope identities and the story are shared soon!

Great work all round today! Thank you Othram for giving Pecos Jane Doe her name back, and thank you DNA Doe Project for giving Sumter Jane and Jock their names back.

This couple were my introduction to the world of unidentified does. It really affected me deeply to realise that so many people have died and then gone decades without their identities being known.

There is a quote from a UK detective drama series from an episode where the detective has a deceased John Doe that he has been unable to identify. It really sums up my feelings about unidentified people -

"Yes, but supposing he isn't missing. thats what I'm saying. I mean to be missing, someones got to miss you.
I mean think about it. You live and you die, and the difference doesn't affect a single person in the whole world. It's as if you hadn't been here in the first place"

What Othram, DNA Doe Project and other organisations are doing is such an important and powerful thing. Nobody should ever have to be an unidentified person, our identities are the one thing that every human being on earth has, even if they have nothing else, and for these Jane and John does to not even have their identities is too tragic for words.

I think it may be possible that the information about body scars was reported incorrectly and never corrected over 40+ years--that the original reports were that it was the male with the scars and it may have been the female all along.

BBM

I think that that's extremely unlikely.

Odds are the killer was Lonnie Henry or his brother, and they're both dead.

I'm hopeful that with their identification more background on their situation and circumstances at the time will become available. IE: they were travelling in JD's car which was a XXXXX. Last time we heard from them, they were heading out to visit their friend Lonnie (example).

If they did have their own vehicle and taking that was the motive for their murders, an identification of such and an ability to trace it after their death-date may lead to possible suspects.

I'm hopeful that with their identification more background on their situation and circumstances at the time will become available. IE: they were travelling in JD's car which was a XXXXX. Last time we heard from them, they were heading out to visit their friend Lonnie (example).

If they did have their own vehicle and taking that was the motive for their murders, an identification of such and an ability to trace it after their death-date may lead to possible suspects.

Considering Jock’s shirt there’s a good chance that their vehicle was a motorcycle.

I honestly think they'll be American. It may underwhelm some, it may surprise others. Just MOO. There's been more cases than I care to count where they've been from the next state or city etc

That's always been my belief, that the American likelihood was undervalued in favor of all the mysterious versions. From location to clothing to matchbook, the concrete variables are American

I'm so happy they are no longer nameless that I'm about to cry! Lol. I can't wait to hear their story. I wonder if my theory about them being foreign will turn out to be true. What are your guesses about this couple?

I always thought they were from Argentina or Uruguay, but it’s more probable that they’re North American.

I’m so happy to see that they will both be given their names back to them, and hopefully we’ll know about who they were in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57