Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

Status
Not open for further replies.
PcVFXLM
PcVFXLM
another of the one posted earlier. Here she is 18, looks very similar.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-1-20-49-PM.png

That's interesting because there weren't many facts in the article.

Let's see, off the top of my head:

* Jock from Pennsylvania
* Jane from Wisconsin
* Not related
* Met while hitchhiking
* Families notified
* Identification made when bone marrow matched to relative on Ancestry.com

Okay, obviously we know the Ancestry aspect is almost certainly wrong. But if anything else is inaccurate on the above list then it changes what we believe is correct.

Maybe their families are primarily in those states right now, but Jock and Jane resided elsewhere? Just a guess. Someone on Reddit posted that there "were a number of inaccuracies" in the article
I saw on the DNA doe FB that they commented and said there were a number of inaccuracies. Then just searching on google and websleuths where Sumter does we’re mentioned and when you search Pam Buckley the incorrect photo pops up but so does a photo of an older Pam Buckley so it made me realize she was likely not the missing Pam Buckley. So after reading that I decided to look at ancestry for correct photos with that name. I limited my search to Wisconsin and surrounding states of Pam Buckley. Then boom a Pam Buckley in Minnesota pops up in ancestry pics that looks like Sumter Jane doe.

I saw on the DNA doe FB that they commented and said there were a number of inaccuracies. Then just searching on google and websleuths where Sumter does we’re mentioned and when you search Pam Buckley the incorrect photo pops up but so does a photo of an older Pam Buckley so it made me realize she was likely not the missing Pam Buckley. So after reading that I decided to look at ancestry for correct photos with that name. I limited my search to Wisconsin and surrounding states of Pam Buckley. Then boom a Pam Buckley in Minnesota pops up in ancestry pics that looks like Sumter Jane doe.
I found her photo in a 1970 yearbook. it is 5 years before the does were found. Looks so much like her.

Was this Pam ever reported missing? I can’t find anything. She was very popular in high school and was voted Ms. Snow Queen in 1971

Was this Pam ever reported missing? I can’t find anything. She was very popular in high school and was voted Ms. Snow Queen in 1971
She has a namus with no pic. As I said before I could be wrong it was just the first time I’ve seen a photo that made me go I’m pretty sure that’s her.

I also have never understood that due to scarring that Jock had on his shoulders and back, it was concluded that he participated in contact sports "like football and basketball". Firstly, basketball isn't a contact sport and secondly, why would football or any other contact sport result in scarring on your back and shoulders? In most contact sports you wear pads and none of them can I imagine a scenario where you routinely get cuts on your back and shoulders. I guess it might be possible in lacrosse but that's niche enough where I can't see someone saying... ah, clearly a lacrosse player in his youth.

I also have never understood that due to scarring that Jock had on his shoulders and back, it was concluded that he participated in contact sports "like football and basketball". Firstly, basketball isn't a contact sport and secondly, why would football or any other contact sport result in scarring on your back and shoulders? In most contact sports you wear pads and none of them can I imagine a scenario where you routinely get cuts on your back and shoulders. I guess it might be possible in lacrosse but that's niche enough where I can't see someone saying... ah, clearly a lacrosse player in his youth.

I've never heard about back/shoulder scarring being associated with contact sports or football, but I also don't know anything about sports. To me I would think a history of TBIs would be a bigger indicator of his athleticism but there was nothing about that reported. TBIs are ridiculously common from contact sports (half of my high school graduating classes' football team had them...)

You can get lots of scrapes and minor scratches from any sport. I remember getting scraped up pretty badly as a kid while playing tennis on cement courts and diving to make returns. (I didn't do that too often.) I would agree that scars on the back would be more likely to come from non-contacts sports without pads (or from things like climbing trees and falling, etc.).

A poster on Grateful Doe subreddit just wrote that the presser will be tomorrow, not today, and at 2 PM Eastern time. Sounds legit because she provided a link to the Facebook page and said she called the sheriff's department to get the info:

This is the Facebook link:

Makes sense. See y’all tomorrow!

A poster on Grateful Doe subreddit just wrote that the presser will be tomorrow, not today, and at 2 PM Eastern time. Sounds legit because she provided a link to the Facebook page and said she called the sheriff's department to get the info:

This is the Facebook link:

I don't see anything about a press conference on the sheriff's office page, is this just a link she provided to show who she contacted?

I live in Sumter SC-I cannot find any new info. Why don't they just release the names?

I know they tend to announce former Doe names with press conferences, but I'm getting super antsy right now, knowing it probably won't be another day. We were all really anticipating hearing today and apparently it's been moved to tomorrow because of the inauguration (...I guess?). So frustrating because again, we knew when the inauguration would be, I don't see the point in scheduling something during that time only to move it.

Argh, sorry for the rant - I just really want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23