TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to make sure we are talking about the same security light... is it the one behind the house?
I believe its over to the side of the carport/tool shed next to the house. If you go back and look at the picture that I posted of that house, you have to zoom in but the light is attached to the side of the shed next to the house.

Last edited:
I also believe his phone will be of no help in finding him. I think he either dozed off at the wheel or became confused in some way for whatever reason and had the wreck and now is just waiting to be found...:(
My only issue with that is why was he so far down this road? If he was sober, he would have realized pretty quickly that he was going the wrong way, and there are plenty of roads that come off of SFR that he could have turned on. If he wasn't paying attention to Waze and missed the turn at 183, there are multiple ways it would have re-routed him to get him back on track WAY before he got to the accident site. I think all the speculation about him making a wrong turn, following Waze is not correct. He had to have a reason to be that far down that road. And, as I said in an earlier post, if he was disoriented prior to the wreck (drugs/alcohol), he somehow negotiated some sharp turns before he got to the accident site. I think either something went bad with someone he was meeting and they took him or he swerved to miss a deer or a feral hog in the road and wrecked and wandered off.

I believe its over to the side of the carport/tool shed next to the house. If you go back and look at the picture that I posted of that house, you have to zoom in but the light is attached to the side of the shed next to the house.

Then I think it's entirely possible that he might've walked back toward this house: he had just driven by it, there is a light, it's very close to the road, and there is no gate or cattle guard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-224734_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-224734_Maps.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 113
I see the light now, on the shed, from your earlier picture. It's definitely not the one on the tall pole behind the house. . . That is the one I had noticed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-225657_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-225657_Samsung Internet.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
RSBM

IMO I don’t think he necessarily chose a “tough passcode”. For example, my iPhone requires a scan of my face or a 6 digit code to gain access. I’m not hiding anything (other than desiring the basic privacy of not everyone being able to get into my phone and info), it’s a basic feature of the device. But without JL, you can’t do biometrics for facial id and there are about 1 million possible combos for a 6 digit code making it tough. LE have resources, but there are legal limits on what they can do and not every department has the budget for the necessary people or equipment. That makes it possible, but time consuming.
I thought I’d add that iPhone users can change their six-digit passcode to an alphanumeric passcode consisting of as many as 20 different letters and/or numbers. While an extra long alphanumeric passcode sounds like a huge inconvenience, users are only required to key the code when the facial recognition has failed, iOS has been updated, or the phone has been powered down / battery dies.

I thought I’d add that iPhone users can change their six-digit passcode to an alphanumeric passcode consisting of as many as 20 different letters and/or numbers. While an extra long alphanumeric passcode sounds like a huge inconvenience, users are only required to key the code when the facial recognition has failed, iOS has been updated, or the phone has been powered down / battery dies.

Thats really good to know! Thanks for the info

His face seems to have changed dramatically, to me, between the first pictures issued and the last one issued. Would that change be enough to confuse the facial recognition to fail ?

I can’t see anyone “taking” him. There would be no witnesses if anything happened. I have not heard of killers hauling their victim away with them very often, other than some domestic murders maybe , when they say the person “took a walk.”

IMO, It's possible "they" (his family, LE maybe) attempted several incorrect passcodes to access his phone. I believe after so many failed attempts, the phone becomes locked out, even if they later figured out the correct passcode. I'm not sure what steps have to be taken in that case. ( iPhone )

I don't think this is what happened, but...
The only way I see someone "taking" him is if he ended up deceased and it was the fault of some else. For instance, someone else could have hit him while he was walking down the road and they had been under the influence of something and wanted to avoid blame. This could explain the items left in the roadway. I think the chance of this on an almost deserted road in the middle of the night is slim to none, but I guess anything is on the table at this point.

I don't think this is what happened, but...
The only way I see someone "taking" him is if he ended up deceased and it was the fault of some else. For instance, someone else could have hit him while he was walking down the road and they had been under the influence of something and wanted to avoid blame. This could explain the items left in the roadway.

May be far-fetched, but I like your thinking! I can actually picture that happening.

But why take him, even if he was hit by a car? No one would have seen it. Who wants to be driving around with a body? Far more risky than just leaving, I don’t see it. Jmo

Thats true. Maybe their judgement was impaired? Again, I don't think this is what happened. I think he just hasn't been located out there yet. But this would be the only scenario that I could see where he would have been picked up by someone and they haven't said anything.

Most likely, he crashed his car, walked away, got lost and died....

But based on clues left at the scene, it's POSSIBLE, he was uninjured, with full faculties, exited the car, locked it out of habit, after grabbing his backpack. In it, he might've had another device. And cash. He COULD have hitchhiked his way out of there, someone passing through, unaware of the drama since OR used another device to communicate with someone who picked him up exactly where his scent ended. He may have wandered around while waiting or those scent trails (to the abandoned house and pond) weren't his scent.

If someone did pick him up, maybe they know he wanted to walk away and start over.... so aren't saying anything.

Likely? No. But it beats the alternatives. Because it would mean he could still be alive.

JMO

It would be wonderful if he was still alive, somehow. I think we all just want one of these unlikely scenarios to have played out. Just to leave that chance. It wouldn't be the first time! But good old Occam's Razor comes along and reminds us how these things usually go. :(

My only issue with that is why was he so far down this road? If he was sober, he would have realized pretty quickly that he was going the wrong way, and there are plenty of roads that come off of SFR that he could have turned on. If he wasn't paying attention to Waze and missed the turn at 183, there are multiple ways it would have re-routed him to get him back on track WAY before he got to the accident site. I think all the speculation about him making a wrong turn, following Waze is not correct. He had to have a reason to be that far down that road. And, as I said in an earlier post, if he was disoriented prior to the wreck (drugs/alcohol), he somehow negotiated some sharp turns before he got to the accident site. I think either something went bad with someone he was meeting and they took him or he swerved to miss a deer or a feral hog in the road and wrecked and wandered off.
Were there any requests from LE to locals in this immediate area to check their outbuildings? I’ve seen that type of request in the past (Molly Tibbetts). Since it was quite cold that night, it seems like anywhere he might have tried to take shelter needs a double look.

I do think the “why was he down that road?” question is as much of a mystery as “where is Jason?”

But based on clues left at the scene, it's POSSIBLE, he was uninjured, with full faculties, exited the car, locked it out of habit, after grabbing his backpack. In it, he might've had another device. And cash. He COULD have hitchhiked his way out of there, someone passing through, unaware of the drama since OR used another device to communicate with someone who picked him up exactly where his scent ended. He may have wandered around while waiting or those scent trails (to the abandoned house and pond) weren't his scent.

If someone did pick him up, maybe they know he wanted to walk away and start over.... so aren't saying anything.

Likely? No. But it beats the alternatives. Because it would mean he could still be alive.

JMO
I’ll add to that that the reason his scent was tracked to the pond was he was there washing off traces of blood so he could more easily hitch a ride. (Speculation example only)

Truly, I don’t believe this theory because I don’t think he’d intentionally worry/torture his parents like this.

JMO
His car keys were in the ignition, he didn't lock that vehicle with a key, unless he had 2 sets, unlikely.
I can see the possibility of another vehicle hitting him okay and disposing of his body elsewhere but LE have been all over every inch and centimetre of that road and they would have found a trace or marks or something.
It is, of course possible that he had a second phone, but it's likely someone somewhere would have known of it's existence and come forward by now.
I'd like to think there is some hope he is alive somewhere.
In his last message , his father seemed to believe there exists a possibility he is still alive, somewhere, but I might have imagined that.
It's post no, #716 as far as I know.
Did anybody else get that sense from his statement?
He knows more than we do, obviously.
I was hoping something had occurred or been unearthed to suggest he might still be alive somewhere. My heart wants to believe this but my nature is to cling to hope always for the missing. As if it will help keep them alive if they are. (I bore myself with this rhetoric if it's any consolation to anybody)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member