Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely horrified that I ever posted photos of the wrong Pamela Buckley on that thread. I’ve been beside myself since yesterday thinking this could be our Doe. I feel, in some way, responsible for her not being identified sooner, if it is her...and I believe it is.

People messaged me privately, telling me it wasn’t the right Pam, and I got so caught up in my own life that I relied on others to correct her thread. I should have checked back in on her. I am SO sorry for the confusion that I’ve caused, and believe me when I say, I learned my lesson back when I *advertiser censored**** up on her thread in the beginning. My research is much more thorough and accurate now. Although, it may be awhile before I post anything like this again.

I’m happy, as always, identifications have been made!! Especially in this case!
Please do not feel bad in anyway about this, you at least did something to highlight her case, it’s so hard to find pictures and information on decades older cases especially when they aren’t widely known about. You cared enough to draw attention to her case and try to give as much details as you could. It’s more than most of us have done for her. I see the thread for Pamela was started in 2019, only a year ago really, if it does turn out to be her and it’s any consolation both her parents sadly passed long before then and if she does still have family living then I’m sure a year on top of the 40 odd they have already waited could be worse. Her case may not even have been linked the with does even with a picture then, hindsight is 2020.

Do we know if either of the two males are still living? I was looking at the guy on the right and wondered if he is our Jock Doe. He has pretty bushy eyebrows, a narrow jaw and the same shape of lips as Jock. Here's two side by side of them. Unfortunately, the Jock pic is a post mortem image. What do you think?

Edited I meant guy on right

There is another pic of Jock Doe - profile where he is laying on the ground. I do feel like he resembles the man from the singing trio. Of course, as we have learned through cases, many people favor. Looking forward to his identity being revealed.

I am completely horrified that I ever posted photos of the wrong Pamela Buckley on that thread. I’ve been beside myself since yesterday thinking this could be our Doe. I feel, in some way, responsible for her not being identified sooner, if it is her...and I believe it is.

People messaged me privately, telling me it wasn’t the right Pam, and I got so caught up in my own life that I relied on others to correct her thread. I should have checked back in on her. I am SO sorry for the confusion that I’ve caused, and believe me when I say, I learned my lesson back when I *advertiser censored**** up on her thread in the beginning. My research is much more thorough and accurate now. Although, it may be awhile before I post anything like this again.

Mistakes happen to everyone. And the only ones who don't make any mistakes are the ones who don't do anything at all. The effort you put into identifying our Does and finding missing people is priceless. You are priceless. And it would be a huge loss for the community if one mistake stopped you from working on reuniting missing and unidentified people and their families.

Dear....don't be so hard on your self. We know everything you do on here is coming from a good heart.

It sounds like you all solved this case for "Jane." I wonder if "Jock" will turn out to have been in NamUs, or mentioned anywhere on WS.

Let's not forget the tragedy of what happened to these two young lives. I wonder if there were other victims.

Dont worry, MadMcGoo. I think we all know that sleuthing is based on speculation and that misunderstandings are common. How many people were linked to UID here, sometimes with yearbook pics, from many and it turned out that those were alive and kicking?
If you check this cluster of Sumter threads, there are plenty of links to Argentinian missing or Canadian class yearbooks...and those are legit, as well, even though we know now they are not the Sumter Does. Really, do not worry. Every effort counts.

rbbm.
Sumter's 1976 John and Jane Doe remains identified, to be revealed

Sketches of John and Jane Doe were published for years in an attempt to identify the remains found off I-95 in Sumter County in 1976.

''According to Deputy Adrienne Sarvis, public information officer for the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, the man was from Pennsylvania, and the woman was from Minnesota, not Wisconsin as other outlets previously reported.

No arrest has ever been made in the case.

The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. on Thursday to provide an update on the cold case.''

This is satisfying news indeed, something that we've been waiting for for years.
May their names be spoken.
May their families be comforted.
May they rest in peace.
May their story be heard.
May justice rule.

Stop beating yourself up. The fact that you care is the reason you need to post. You put victims first. We need people like you on here.

It sounds like you all solved this case for "Jane." I wonder if "Jock" will turn out to have been in NamUs, or mentioned anywhere on WS.

Let's not forget the tragedy of what happened to these two young lives. I wonder if there were other victims.
I honestly don't think those people are Jock and Jane. Looks nothing like them but there are similiarties.

It’s very wrong to judge yourself so harshly. What helps is the belief that you are doing good ~ you honor all these people and their families with each mention of their names. I’m struck by your palpable sense of responsibility. We recognize the importance of what you are doing for those without a name and for the integrity of the science itself.
Sincerely,
Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members