TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll add to that that the reason his scent was tracked to the pond was he was there washing off traces of blood so he could more easily hitch a ride. (Speculation example only)

Truly, I don’t believe this theory because I don’t think he’d intentionally worry/torture his parents like this.
I agree he wouldn't worry his folks.
There is another possibility regarding the water.
With a brain injury, subarachnoid or subdural, body temperature goes sky high and the instinct is to find water or mud in which to cool down.

So, if he walked to the house with the light... discovered nobody was there to help, it's possible he headed for another water source, not the already drained pond, at that stage..?
But I'm not sure he could have seen one, night was dark, v dark.

His car keys were in the ignition, he didn't lock that vehicle with a key, unless he had 2 sets, unlikely.
I can see the possibility of another vehicle hitting him okay and disposing of his body elsewhere but LE have been all over every inch and centimetre of that road and they would have found a trace or marks or something.
It is, of course possible that he had a second phone, but it's likely someone somewhere would have known of it's existence and come forward by now.
I'd like to think there is some hope he is alive somewhere.
In his last message , his father seemed to believe there exists a possibility he is still alive, somewhere, but I might have imagined that.
It's post no, #716 as far as I know.
Did anybody else get that sense from his statement?
He knows more than we do, obviously.
I was hoping something had occurred or been unearthed to suggest he might still be alive somewhere. My heart wants to believe this but my nature is to cling to hope always for the missing. As if it will help keep them alive if they are. (I bore myself with this rhetoric if it's any consolation to anybody)

Kitty, I think we're all there. Feeling that putting these other possibilities down in writing could somehow make them come to fruition. I think it's human nature. When actual physically helping to search or support the family is out of our hands, it's the only way we feel we can "help".

My iPhone will recognize me with sunglasses but not with a mask! It is not the newest model, but that is a pain...
I was thinking more of facial recognition technology used by LE. I don't think Jason tried to use his phone since it was found wedged under the driver's seat. It's unfortunate since if he had his phone with him LE would have been able to track his movements after the accident. Imo

His face seems to have changed dramatically, to me, between the first pictures issued and the last one issued. Would that change be enough to confuse the facial recognition to fail ?
I don’t think so. I’m constantly surprised at the sophistication of that software. My iPhone recognizes me even if I have a face mask covering up my mouth (not my nose though) and even when I’ve been dressed up in a heavy costume for Halloween.

ETA: I think it primarily focuses on bone structure, face shape, and the eyes.

Not much visible from that house. He might be able to see some gas flares in the oil fields, but that's about it. There are some very steep creek beds all throughout that area (Plum Creek). The area was very dry until recently and there have been a couple of heavy rains. I keep wondering if they should walk the creek bed again to see if the faster running water may have pushed him somewhere downstream if he originally went/fell into the creek.

I completely agree with the theory on the creek, as I’ve wanted to go check down stream. If it was a solo vehicle crash and he had a brain injury, it would make sense that he went to water like some of the other cases lately. I wonder if they even searched further down the creek since most would be out of the search radius

I agree he wouldn't worry his folks.
There is another possibility regarding the water.
With a brain injury, subarachnoid or subdural, body temperature goes sky high and the instinct is to find water or mud in which to cool down.

So, if he walked to the house with the light... discovered nobody was there to help, it's possible he headed for another water source, not the already drained pond, at that stage..?
But I'm not sure he could have seen one, night was dark, v dark.
Wow I didn’t know that about head injuries and body temp. No wonder so many injured victims are found in water—and so many times have discarded clothes. :( Thank you for the info.

Were there any requests from LE to locals in this immediate area to check their outbuildings? I’ve seen that type of request in the past (Molly Tibbetts). Since it was quite cold that night, it seems like anywhere he might have tried to take shelter needs a double look.

I do think the “why was he down that road?” question is as much of a mystery as “where is Jason?”
I have to think that either LE/SAR checked outbuildings/blinds during the search and I could see them asking landowners to check as well. It's common sense that he might seek shelter someplace like that.

I completely agree with the theory on the creek, as I’ve wanted to go check down stream. If it was a solo vehicle crash and he had a brain injury, it would make sense that he went to water like some of the other cases lately. I wonder if they even searched further down the creek since most would be out of the search radius
Yeah, I'm not sure that anyone has done that. Every time I cross a bridge over Plum Creek I stop and look over the side just to see if I see anything.

His car keys were in the ignition, he didn't lock that vehicle with a key, unless he had 2 sets, unlikely.
I can see the possibility of another vehicle hitting him okay and disposing of his body elsewhere but LE have been all over every inch and centimetre of that road and they would have found a trace or marks or something.
It is, of course possible that he had a second phone, but it's likely someone somewhere would have known of it's existence and come forward by now.
I'd like to think there is some hope he is alive somewhere.
In his last message , his father seemed to believe there exists a possibility he is still alive, somewhere, but I might have imagined that.
It's post no, #716 as far as I know.
Did anybody else get that sense from his statement?
He knows more than we do, obviously.
I was hoping something had occurred or been unearthed to suggest he might still be alive somewhere. My heart wants to believe this but my nature is to cling to hope always for the missing. As if it will help keep them alive if they are. (I bore myself with this rhetoric if it's any consolation to anybody)
I agree with you in regards to the dad's statement. I understand almost all parents want to believe their child is alive no matter what....but the way he worded things left me with the impression that they believe there is a possibility he is truly alive and out there.

Here are a few things I wonder—

Did LE ask landowners to look at game cameras nearby? Did they look at them or allow owners to look? Did LE find property owners nearby cooperative? Did LE question owner of the abandoned house and land house sat on?
I don't know what was done in the area immediately around the accident scene. We live 1.5-2 miles away (as the crow flies), and we haven't heard anything like that. I checked our deer blinds early on just to make sure. Game cameras are a good idea, however you'd have to be pretty lucky to have someone walk by close enough to activate the motion sensors.

I don't think this is what happened, but...
The only way I see someone "taking" him is if he ended up deceased and it was the fault of some else. For instance, someone else could have hit him while he was walking down the road and they had been under the influence of something and wanted to avoid blame. This could explain the items left in the roadway. I think the chance of this on an almost deserted road in the middle of the night is slim to none, but I guess anything is on the table at this point.

This has been my thought ever since SAR came up with nothing. And honestly it wouldn't take much, even just clipping someone with your vehicle, to knock them out.

Even the clothes and shoes and belt and wristwatches? Stuff like that?
Feral hogs typically only get aggressive when cornered or threatened. That said, if they come across a dead animal, they may feed on that. What I've seen at our place is the hogs, vultures and coyotes will eat the flesh and then coyotes/dogs drag bones away. I've seen hog carcasses virtually disappear in 48 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77