Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably someone's said this already, but Pennsylvania Dutch is a corruption of Pennsylvania Deutsch--i.e., German.

Since the family had military ties, I wonder whether he may have been visiting someone he knew posted at Fort Jackson (yes, I know he did his basic training at Ft. Knox), which would be pretty close to Sumter. Just spitballing here.

What a wild ride this has been! I wonder if the "witness" made up the story about them being from Canada.

I couldn't hear too well... did the Sheriff say something about looking into suspects?

Probably someone's said this already, but Pennsylvania Dutch is a corruption of Pennsylvania Deutsch--i.e., German.

Since the family had military ties, I wonder whether he may have been visiting someone he knew posted at Fort Jackson (yes, I know he did his basic training at Ft. Knox), which would be pretty close to Sumter. Just spitballing here.
I see :) confusing :)

Yesterday after being on WS and hearing the name Pamela Buckley, I went on Reddit and posted her name as possibly Jane.. I was immediately called into chat (which I never use) and a lady very kindly ask if I would remove her name, she was family and it hadn't been released. I felt terrible! Of course I removed it and offered to come on here and get a mod to remove it here..but she said that was ok..so many people already knew at that point. Rest in Peace Pamela and James, you deserved so much better.

Yesterday after being on WS and hearing the name Pamela Buckley, I went on Reddit and posted her name as possibly Jane.. I was immediately called into chat (which I never use) and a lady very kindly ask if I would remove her name, she was family and it hadn't been released. I felt terrible! Of I removed it and offered to come on here and get a mod to remove it here..but she said that was ok..so many people already knew at that point. Rest in Peace Pamela and James, you deserved so much better.
No worries. We didn't know the family members had been informed in September.h

What a wild ride this has been! I wonder if the "witness" made up the story about them being from Canada.

I couldn't hear too well... did the Sheriff say something about looking into suspects?
Maybe, but the witness was someone, if I recall correctly, who said that James had stayed at a KOA type place where he worked and played pool with him, from Canada, father a doctor, et cetera, but there's no reason to believe that he had anything to do with the murder. He could have gotten him confused with another visitor, or James may have developed a cover story for reasons of his own.

ke62ekowkqc61.png

RIP, Pamela and James.

Did the Sheriff say how LE found out the couple met while hitchhiking? Or what was Jane Doe and Jock Doe connection about?
Sorry, if it's been already answered. I'm still catching up.

MOO JMO

The sheriff declined to discuss how Pamela and James met each other, or whether they were hitchhiking or had a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla