08:26
um maybe in the kitchen
08:29
making herself dinner um and then that's
08:32
about it then he didn't know anything up
08:34
after that

The transcript says "hurt" but I clearly heard Mary Chris say "heard".

So IF Larry had anything to do with it, why would he bring up the argument on Thursday? I would have been like "nope, everything was fine the last time I saw her"
It’s possible she texted or called someone after the argument and mentioned it to them, and it’s possible the children heard the argument. If either or both of those things happened, it would look suspicious if he hadn’t reported the argument.

So IF Larry had anything to do with it, why would he bring up the argument on Thursday? I would have been like "nope, everything was fine the last time I saw her"

I believe that Maya's sister mentioned that Maya had told her about the argument, but the sister did not know what they argued about. So, it was "out there" and would have been made known to LE.

Because MM had texted her sister saying they had an argument. So her sister was aware of the argument and Larry probably knew this. LM’s motivation for disclosing about the argument - wanted to do so before the sister-in-law did IMO

Maya Millete: Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Last edited:
Some couples argue all the time; they make a sport of it. Some wives like to moan and groan about their husbands and their shortcomings. It doesn't mean they don't love each other (if only as "roommates"), and it certainly doesn't mean one murdered the other.
An argument/spat is different than domestic violence, which can more often be a sequelae to homicide. We haven't heard that this couple was engaged in DV.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It seemslm we often jump to the conclusion that the husband did something to her. The are ridiculed for telling everything that may be important, as well as when they don't. There is not a manual to tell people how to act when someone goes missing. I am in no way saying whether he knows more or could have done something to cause her disappearance. I a. m not one who knows what happened, but it seems like he is at least trying to help. And as mentioned earlier, some couples have spats and that is how they communicate (odd, but true), My husband left an hour ago and we had argued, if he didn't return, would I mentioned we had argued before he left? Absolutely!!

It seemslm we often jump to the conclusion that the husband did something to her. The are ridiculed for telling everything that may be important, as well as when they don't. There is not a manual to tell people how to act when someone goes missing. I am in no way saying whether he knows more or could have done something to cause her disappearance. I a. m not one who knows what happened, but it seems like he is at least trying to help. And as mentioned earlier, some couples have spats and that is how they communicate (odd, but true), My husband left an hour ago and we had argued, if he didn't return, would I mentioned we had argued before he left? Absolutely!!

I do think it was the husband but I base that largely on the fact that both her cars are there, no contact from her, she hasn’t been to work, she told her sister she was looking into a divorce...the only thing I really took from LM is that they had an argument and that he didn’t want space from Maya but Maya wanted space from him and due to this they were living like roommates. Also very odd he didn’t attend the vigil

Police have released little information about the case, and have declined to answer clarifying questions about the timeline of when she went missing.

“We are just praying that she returns home safe,” police Lt. Miriam Foxx said Thursday. “We are actively, actively, actively investigating this... We are receiving tips from the community. We are asking anyone with information to call the police, call Crime Stoppers.

“We are hopeful that she would return home safe but we are actively still working this case.
Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother of 3

Some couples argue all the time; they make a sport of it. Some wives like to moan and groan about their husbands and their shortcomings. It doesn't mean they don't love each other (if only as "roommates"), and it certainly doesn't mean one murdered the other.
An argument/spat is different than domestic violence, which can more often be a sequelae to homicide. We haven't heard that this couple was engaged in DV.

I've worked with kids who were removed from their homes because of DV. Loud voices and arguing do have an impact on the development of children, according to the training I received. Violent arguments that involve slamming things (doors, etc.) are acts of violence in the minds of children. The impact is even greater in the youngest, if I remember correctly, effecting the growth of their brains.

I agree that while it looks like the husband is guilty there could still be explanations for why he's behaving as he is. Given they were essentially separated despite living in the same house, knowing if she'd been dating would be helpful information. She might not have told anyone she was. It wouldn't be the first missing woman who everyone assumed the husband was responsible for but it was actually the new boyfriend/date.

fighting, disagreements, spats, altercations etc. are very normal.

I think its always a red flag however when there's an altercation just before someone seems to disappear into thin air, especially the wife (statistics)

My issue and theory: he didn't reach out to family because "she got upset" the last time she left after a fight and he contacted them. The fact she was mad that he went ahead and did that to find her means to me she really values privacy. Which also leads me to believe a fight has to be a BIG one in order to text her sis about it.
I am very open, not very private, and I sure don't text my closest about 'altercations' unless they're substantial.
ime/moo!

@Mitch1 WOAH she wanted a divorce?!?!?! where is this? TIA sorry I missed it!!

I've worked with kids who were removed from their homes because of DV. Loud voices and arguing do have an impact on the development of children, according to the training I received. Violent arguments that involve slamming things (doors, etc.) are acts of violence in the minds of children. The impact is even greater in the youngest, if I remember correctly, effecting the growth of their brains.
Absolutely. I'm not referring to DV, or violent arguments. I was referring to "bickering". Fussing with each other. Loud voices, slamming doors, etc. is abusive. We have no indication that this couple was in a violent situation. Of course we don't have all the facts either.

fighting, disagreements, spats, altercations etc. are very normal.

I think its always a red flag however when there's an altercation just before someone seems to disappear into thin air, especially the wife (statistics)

My issue and theory: he didn't reach out to family because "she got upset" the last time she left after a fight and he contacted them. The fact she was mad that he went ahead and did that to find her means to me she really values privacy. Which also leads me to believe a fight has to be a BIG one in order to text her sis about it.
I am very open, not very private, and I sure don't text my closest about 'altercations' unless they're substantial.
ime/moo!

@Mitch1 WOAH she wanted a divorce?!?!?! where is this? TIA sorry I missed it!!
They have been married 21 years. What now would have prompted this action? I can't help but wonder if there was an outside influence encouraging this type of action. For those of you who have pointed to the tight knit nature of Filipino families, I agree. In addition, a high percentage of Filipinos are Catholic, which does not approve of divorce, only if certain extreme conditions exist.

I feel so very badly for the husband, the extended family, and most especially the kids. This is horrible, and not looking good at all. : (

Maya's sister and brother in law are on the show.

The kids are lonely, and miss their mom. They are quiet and devastated.

She said nothing to the kids about going anywhere, and it's out of character not to explain to them if she leaves.

2 searches, passing out flyers, looked at her favorite spots, and doing everything they can to search. LE are not sharing any info with them.

Larry is leaving it up to Maya's sister to do the searching, while he comforts the kids.

Larry saw her on Thursday night, and they had an argument. He heard her making dinner in the kitchen. He assumed she left Saturday morning to go on a hike (or something). He has no idea when she left.

Brother in law "it's hard to believe, but we have to believe him" about not seeing her in the house.

Jan 3 is the last time sis spoke with Maya, and Thursday night got a text. She told Maya that she and Larry had an argument and were having issues.

They are 5 siblings, searching for Maya.

I'm not familiar with police procedure, but is it common for police not to give a family any updates?

Oh snap. I thought he said "he physically SAW her." (It's hard to tell, it totally could have been "assaulted." I would think the reporter would have enquired further if it was "assaulted.")

I never was on a fence, so I'm still thinking it's sketchy. Imo. ;)

She said he physically saw, not assaulted. The Filipino accent can be hard to understand when you don't hear it very often.

I'm not familiar with police procedure, but is it common for police not to give a family any updates?
Snipped for focused reply.
It has been my observation that LE frequently only reaches out to the family for an update unless they have something new to tell them. Every LE group has their own style, but typically this is my observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member