Found Deceased WV - David Michael Barefoot, 30, car located, 11 Jan 2021 *Vulnerable*

The body of a missing Hedgesville man was found over the weekend in Maryland, according to Washington County Sheriff Doug Mullendore.
According to Mullendore, Barefoot's body was found in the Potomac River on Saturday. A public search was conducted near Clear Spring, Md. that day.

Police: Body of missing Hedgesville man found in Md.

But... if he had a stroke, where is he? Would he just leave the car and walk away?
You can have an entire slew of different types of strokes. The stroke largely depends on exactly what part of the brain it happened in. Different areas in the brain control different areas of the body. Symptoms/results of a stroke can range from a terrible headache, to confusion, to death. He may have been very confused and unable to use his critical thinking skills. He may have suddenly lost the use of one side of his body. He may have lost vision/hearing. Also, there’s always the option that he drove to that location for a specific reason, got out of the car, and then the stroke happened, resulting in him falling into the water. His seizures further complicates what could have happened. We may never know exactly how he ended up in the river. I feel such sorrow for his family and friends. I am glad they no longer have to wonder where he is, and I’m also so sorry this was the outcome.:(
jmo

*Here’s the link describing symptoms of a stroke.

Stroke - Symptoms and causes

When I saw he had posted his own , and the amount of debt he has, I had a bad feeling about that. So very sad. That being said, my brother had a brain aneurism, about 17 years ago. He survived but has had multiple strokes that would have probably taken the life of many. He is still going, we just tell him he is blessed and so are we. It happens and mostly depends on the speed care is gotten for them as well as the skilled hands of the Dr. providing treatment.

You can have an entire slew of different types of strokes. The stroke largely depends on exactly what part of the brain it happened in. Different areas in the brain control different areas of the body. Symptoms/results of a stroke can range from a terrible headache, to confusion, to death. He may have been very confused and unable to use his critical thinking skills. He may have suddenly lost the use of one side of his body. He may have lost vision/hearing. Also, there’s always the option that he drove to that location for a specific reason, got out of the car, and then the stroke happened, resulting in him falling into the water. His seizures further complicates what could have happened. We may never know exactly how he ended up in the river. I feel such sorrow for his family and friends. I am glad they no longer have to wonder where he is, and I’m also so sorry this was the outcome.:(
jmo

*Here’s the link describing symptoms of a stroke.

Stroke - Symptoms and causes
Thank you so much for posting this valuable information. I started with several TIAs. Then I had a massive right brain stroke with seizure disorders to follow. I almost didn’t make it and ended up on life support for over a week in intensive care. I remember the worst headache I’ve ever had. Then I kept dropping everything I tried to pick up. The Tylenol bottle would not stay still in my hands. The noise it made dropping to the floor was frightening loud. My left side no later was part of my body. My son had found me on the floor seizing. I spent two months in a rehab hospital learning to talk, walk and feed myself.

One of my main points for posting my experience:
I had very severe impulse control problems. Even though my left side body didn’t work ~ my brain didn’t know that. I would suddenly just jump up and try to walk across the room in my head but my body wouldn’t follow. My body couldn’t sync with my brain and I’d fall. I fell out of the wheelchair so many times. The nurses had to restrain my arms as they sway as I would try to pick something up like my spoon. I would say outlandish things and threw my doctors out of my room. My lack of impulse control was off the charts. I had to take meds for it for almost a year. If he had a stroke, falling could have been a factor in his death.

David Michael Barefoot, 30, of Hedgesville, went to be with the Lord on January 16, 2021. Born on October 14, 1990, he was the son of Dean Barefoot and Donna Whitney Barefoot.

david-barefoot-martinsburg-wv-obituary-150x150.jpg

David Michael Barefoot
He graduated from Hedgesville High School in 2009 and then attended Blue Ridge Community College and Shepherd University, graduating in 2015.
David Michael Barefoot 1990~2021 - Franklin County Freepress

Please don't perceive this as insensitive, I'm truly concerned for his safe return. But if David had a history of aneurysms and his Mom says they can return any time. Why was he still driving?

Hoping LE finds answers soon, his family is beside themselves.
My seizure disorders (stroke induced) resulted in five medically induced comas on a ventilator. The doctors reported my strokes and seizures to the Department of Public Safety after my second coma. I got a letter revoking my license which is the right thing to do for my safety as well as everyone else's. I was still having impulse control issues and tried to drive myself to Walmart a few times. My husband and sons found me in the parking lot just sitting in my car. I didn’t know what to do. It was as if I were frozen. We sold my car that month. I’ve never driven since. It’s so important for family, doctors and agencies to work together to help us when we stroke victims can’t control our own lives. I’m so grateful for my recovery. I know I’m the luckiest woman on the planet. ❤️

A statement from the Brisbane private investigator hired by the family raised more questions than answers. Scott Williams says he searched Woitel’s apartment and found it undisturbed. When Williams reviewed the building’s security footage, he saw the clip of Woitel walking in, but there was no trace of him walking out. Williams said the only other way out of the building was through the back door, but a review of that camera, which is triggered by motion at night, yielded nothing.

“My gut feeling is something bad happened,” Lara Haben, Woitel’s sister, told Mission Local.

The family told the San Francisco Examiner that Woitel was an extremely generous friend and had been known to extend his home to unhoused individuals, at least one of whom is on surveillance video coming and going from Woitel’s apartment.

“It was always a little concerning, and he didn’t really like to talk to me about it too much because I would always say ‘What are you doing, why are you doing that?’” friend Jennifer Berg told the Examiner.

The private investigator says he was able to track down one of the last known individuals to visit Woitel at his apartment. That individual, who is reportedly living in a tent encampment in Emeryville, was allegedly found in possession of Woitel’s cell phone. The man allegedly said Woitel sold him the phone.

Williams’ statement says the man then claimed to have “psychic abilities” and believed Woitel had been "shot in the head and wrapped in plastic before his body was dumped in the water at the end of Mariposa Street in San Francisco.”
SF man missing over a month found dead in his apartment

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back