TX - David Niwamanya, 5, dies from unknown trauma at playground, Houston, 3 January 2021

Investigation into Death of Child at 6111 Glenmont Drive – City of Houston | Newsroom

“Officers responded to the apartment complex at the above address to investigate the death of a child. Family members stated the boy (David) had gone to a playground outside his apartment and was seen several minutes later struggling to walk up the stairs to his apartment. When he was brought inside the residence, family members stated that David became unresponsive and paramedics were called. Medical personnel observed bruising on the boy’s body. He was pronounced deceased at the hospital.”

10952-21 - Crime Stoppers of Houston

“On Sunday, January 3, 2021, at approximately 1:20 p.m., the five year old victim was playing on the playground in the
6100 block of Glenmont Drive in Houston, Texas. Shortly afterwards, the victim struggled to make his way back to his
residence and was assisted inside where he fell unconscious. The victim was rushed to the hospital where he died, and
it was determined the victim’s death was due to inflicted trauma.”

HPD investigating mysterious death of 5-year-old boy | khou.com

“David Niwamanya was playing at the playground in the 6100 block of Glenmont Drive around 1:20 p.m. on Jan. 3.

Investigators said the victim struggled to make his way back to his residence afterwards and was assisted inside where he fell unconscious.”

“Struggled to make his way home” my *advertiser censored**...he was 5. Nobody saw anything? This is the La Hacienda apartments, which is notorious for unsolved crime, because nobody will talk to law enforcement. Let’s hope and pray for surveillance footage, and a search warrant to be issued before any/all evidence is removed.
RIP sweet, beautiful baby boy.

Can anyone verify how close the playground is to his apartment?

There are people who let young children play alone in nearby playgrounds, so at this point in time, I'll keep an open mind, but I also hope there is some video footage that can clarify the events.

HPD investigating mysterious death of 5-year-old boy | khou.com

“David Niwamanya was playing at the playground in the 6100 block of Glenmont Drive around 1:20 p.m. on Jan. 3.

Investigators said the victim struggled to make his way back to his residence afterwards and was assisted inside where he fell unconscious.”

“Struggled to make his way home” my *advertiser censored**...he was 5. Nobody saw anything? This is the La Hacienda apartments, which is notorious for unsolved crime, because nobody will talk to law enforcement. Let’s hope and pray for surveillance footage, and a search warrant to be issued before any/all evidence is removed.
RIP sweet, beautiful baby boy.

He was indeed a beautiful sweet-looking little boy. I love to hug little boys that age -- they just smile and melt my heart. Just like my little guy -- 30 years ago!!

Somehow that very hurt little guy made it to his house. Makes me cry. How can anyone bear to lose a perfect little human being like that darling little boy? My heart goes out to his poor parents and family. They will never get over that loss.

Bless his heart. He had just enough strength and courage to make it home
I don’t believe this to be true, and will zip it until there’s evidence either way. No way, no how is a 5 year old going to go to a playground solo, be beaten nearly to death, drag himself home, and die after dramatically being pulled inside by caregivers... all without anyone seeing anything? He’s 5. Not buying it.

I don’t believe this to be true, and will zip it until there’s evidence either way. No way, no how is a 5 year old going to go to a playground solo, be beaten nearly to death, drag himself home, and die after dramatically being pulled inside by caregivers... all without anyone seeing anything? He’s 5. Not buying it.
It's in the back of my mind, too. Whatever happened, that beautiful child is gone. And he got hurt -- to death.

If something bad did happen at home, I think we will know about it sooner rather than later. I feel sure LE is fine-tooth-combing that possibility in this case.
Was he really at a playground?? All by himself? Where is the playground?? I've searched around using Google Maps, and I can't find a playground. There's a skate park some distance from his address, but that doesn't seem right for a 5 y/o by himself -- it is even open?
Was he seen at the playground? Did anyone see him -- either playing or injured? We have heard from a post here that this neighborhood is not often forthcoming to LE.

It is rather bothersome, isn't it?

I don't see it, either -- could the article have been edited to remove that part in the time that has passed since the article was first published?
They must have edited that out when they updated the article. It said “he struggled to make his way home after being shot at the playground”
Article was Posted: Jan 21, 2021 / 08:04 AM CST / Updated: Jan 21, 2021 / 11:18 AM CST

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back