NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. She seems like a promising lead. I'd submit it. I wonder if her daughter or anyone has submitted DNA.

I was coming here to mention Janis Rose Bullock too. Definitely seems like a very likely possibility.

I'll see if i can find an email contact to submit her later today.
The more i look at Janis' photos, the more i see similarities between her and the unknown girl.
If only we knew all her movements and possible relationships after 1974.

Looking at this timeline of TR's movements, it mentions that in '75 or '76, he visited his family in AZ with an unidentified woman. At that point, Janis was missing. It seems possible that Janis left and crossed paths with TR, then became involved with him. The timeline doesn't seem to show that he was a catalyst for her disappearance so I'm guessing they would have met after she didn't show up to court.

This is all pure speculation on my part as I'm trying to put the pieces together.

No idea if this lady has been mentioned here, but i searched missing females from pearl river county and got 1 hit
Janis Rose Bullock – The Charley Project

Nobody really seems to know much about her after 1974, and she vanished completely in 1977 or 1978.
Has anyone tried to do her family tree to see if she's a descendant of
Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836 and/or William Livings born in 1826?

No but i just saw a social media posting from the x3 great grandson of Thomas Mitchell and William Livings. He says that he, his aunt, uncle and grandmothers all have dna on ged match and they all opted in.

I've been doing this tree on ancestory and haven't seen her. I'm fairly sure that a Clematis Livings (1926) is going to be a significant ancestor. Her mum was a GC of Deadhorse and her dad was a descendant of the Living bloke. She has 3 children. All boys. One seemingly still alive in LA.

I think this area might be a bit like Wales with intermarrying families (been doing my Welsh tree.... nightmare!) as lots of these people are buried very close together and some siblings have married people of the same surname if you get me.

Looking at this timeline of TR's movements, it mentions that in '75 or '76, he visited his family in AZ with an unidentified woman. At that point, Janis was missing. It seems possible that Janis left and crossed paths with TR, then became involved with him. The timeline doesn't seem to show that he was a catalyst for her disappearance so I'm guessing they would have met after she didn't show up to court.

This is all pure speculation on my part as I'm trying to put the pieces together.

How can it be Janis if she has children and they were left by her? I find it unlikely that she had 2 kids that people didn't know about (the ones proven to be related to her)

How can it be Janis if she has children and they were left by her? I find it unlikely that she had 2 kids that people didn't know about (the ones proven to be related to her)

Im confused, people did know about her 2 children. She lost custody, they went to live with their father in 1974 and never saw Janis again after that.

rbbm.
Regional authorities seek assistance in cold case involving murder of unidentified child
''New Hampshire State Police have partnered with a Genetic Genealogist – Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter, in efforts to identify the last victim. Examination of the genetic composition of the child and genealogy research, suggest the mother of the child has relatives in Pearl River County, Mississippi.

Plausibly, the child and her mother could be descendants from Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836 or William Livings born in 1826. The unidentified child would be the 5X or 6X great grandchild of one of these men.

The child was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, placing her birthdate between 1975-1977. She had slightly wavy brown hair and stood approximately 3’3”-3'9" tall. She had a slight overbite that may have been noticeable.

An analysis of her bones suggest that she may have had anemia in life but this cannot be confirmed. DNA testing has also revealed she is primarily Caucasian with a small amount of Asian, Black and American Indian ancestry.
No clothing or personal items were recovered with her. Jane Doe is estimated to have been killed during the late 1970s to early 1980s; most likely between 1979-1981.

The investigation has suggested she is not originally from New Hampshire, and likely only spent a few weeks or months in the New Hampshire region before her death. It is believed that Jane Doe’s mother’s relatives are most likely from Pearl River County, Mississippi, but no location is being ruled out at this point.''

There's a branch of my maternal grandfather's family tree that left New England and moved out west, while everyone else stayed behind. One of his uncles or aunts moved to CA, so it's possible the MC's maternal line started in MS and ended up somewhere else entirely, far, far away.

New Hampshire State Police have partnered with a Genetic Genealogist – Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter, in efforts to identify the last victim. Examination of the genetic composition of the child and genealogy research, suggest the mother of the child has relatives in Pearl River County, Mississippi.

Plausibly, the child and her mother could be descendants from Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836 or William Livings born in 1826. The unidentified child would be the 5X or 6X great grandchild of one of these men.

The child was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, placing her birthdate between 1975-1977. She had slightly wavy brown hair and stood approximately 3’3”-3'9" tall. She had a slight overbite that may have been noticeable.

An analysis of her bones suggest that she may have had anemia in life but this cannot be confirmed. DNA testing has also revealed she is primarily Caucasian with a small amount of Asian, Black and American Indian ancestry. No clothing or personal items were recovered with her. Jane Doe is estimated to have been killed during the late 1970s to early 1980s; most likely between 1979-1981.

The investigation has suggested she is not originally from New Hampshire, and likely only spent a few weeks or months in the New Hampshire region before her death. It is believed that Jane Doe’s mother’s relatives are most likely from Pearl River County, Mississippi, but no location is being ruled out at this point.
Regional authorities seek assistance in cold case involving murder of unidentified child

Im confused, people did know about her 2 children. She lost custody, they went to live with their father in 1974 and never saw Janis again after that.

Right but what I'm saying is that this would mean Janis had 4 kids. The two who never saw her again, and the two found with her in the barrels.

The two ways the public can help is by sharing across social media expanding the reach of the information, and as comfortable, uploading their DNA into GEDmatch or Family Tree DNA to increase the chances of identifying this little girl. Even if people don’t think they are related, anyone originally from the Mississippi region, who allows for the DNA to be examined, could potentially assist with genealogy efforts.

If you are aware of a missing child or a missing child and mother from this time frame, please contact Major Marc Ogden of the Pearl River County Sheriff’s Office at 601-403-2542 or Sgt. Matthew Koehler of the NH State Police Major Crime Unit at (603) 223-3648or matthew.koehler@dos.nh.gov.

A 20/20 broadcast featuring this case will be aired on ABC this Friday, at 8 p.m. Central. bbm
Authorities: Mississippi county may hold clues to girl's remains found in 55-gallon drum ten years ago in New Hampshire - Magnolia State Live

Right but what I'm saying is that this would mean Janis had 4 kids. The two who never saw her again, and the two found with her in the barrels.
I think you are confused? At this point there is only one child left to identify. The lady found with the eldest child, and the younger child are all related and they have already been identified. The 3rd child has yet to be identified, but she is TPR's daughter, and TJ Mitchell and William Livings could be her 5x or 6x great grandfather's on mother's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam