Found Deceased MA - Kim Kelly-Oberhauser, 56, Lowell, 18 Jan 2021

If the car went right down the boat ramp, it sure seems intentional. I'm guessing, if there was no one inside, it was either a foolish prank or an effort to hide evidence.....which raises a whole bunch of questions. I hope the Lowell forensic team can work a miracle.
Lots of things happen in Lowell. I'm confident if anyone can figure this out,They can. They have the experience to get it done.

One thing that has crossed my mind, is along the lines of what you are thinking, Could this have been staged and she disappeared?
Ooh - good point, I hadn't thought of that. I am surprised at the lack of press and that there have been no comments from family, friends or co workers. Where's the concern? Middle aged professional women just don't disappear. It's not like she's 19 and decided to hitch hike to California.

Ooh - good point, I hadn't thought of that. I am surprised at the lack of press and that there have been no comments from family, friends or co workers. Where's the concern? Middle aged professional women just don't disappear. It's not like she's 19 and decided to hitch hike to California.
I'm not insinuating anything, but there could be a list f reasons someone would want to disappear.
Finances/life insurance, love affairs, legal troubles to name a few.

I just re-watched the video, and that's the airbag that deployed. You can see it at the 6 second mark.
No passenger deployment, so there was no passenger in the vehicle.
Now, to see if that model deploys the airbag without the seat belt buckled.... If not, unless someone buckled it before it went in the water, I'll say she was inside.
If it was buckled when they dragged it out of the water, then something isn't right.

Okay, another look at the video shows it's the side airbag deployed, and another look shows the passengers side air bag deployed as well. Both would deploy on a side impact. That vehicle hit the water on it's side.
I think with this information, along with the google maps showing a chain link fence and gate blocking the boat ramp, it's fair to say that Range Rover didn't go straight in from the boat launch.

I also noticed that the moon roof was open but perhaps that happened when they hooked it up to pull it out.
Here's my thinking:
1. There have been no comments from family, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
2. There has been no press other than short factual reports.
3. There has been very little commentary from LE.
4. I think (need to go back and check) that the car was spotted by a LE helicopter - did they have reason to believe she might be in the water?
Sadly, the above leads me to wonder if we have a case of attempted suicide. If it were a crime, we'd be hearing some concern and alarm. If she took off, we might be hearing pleas from family members to stay safe and come home when ready. When there's an indication of suicide, I feel like the natural reaction of all involved is to clam up (unfortunately this might perpetuate the tendency to hide mental illness, but that's a story for another day).
While it might sound unlikely, I wonder if she changed her mind when the car went under water. The frigid water would probably prompt most people to escape regardless of their intentions. Maybe she floated up through the moon roof (intentionally or otherwise) but never made it to shore. I don't know how strong the currents are in January so she could be hard to find. And it's 27 degrees in the greater Lowell area today so I'm not sure if many people will be out looking today.
I hope I'm wrong.

I also noticed that the moon roof was open but perhaps that happened when they hooked it up to pull it out.
Here's my thinking:
1. There have been no comments from family, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
2. There has been no press other than short factual reports.
3. There has been very little commentary from LE.
4. I think (need to go back and check) that the car was spotted by a LE helicopter - did they have reason to believe she might be in the water?
Sadly, the above leads me to wonder if we have a case of attempted suicide. If it were a crime, we'd be hearing some concern and alarm. If she took off, we might be hearing pleas from family members to stay safe and come home when ready. When there's an indication of suicide, I feel like the natural reaction of all involved is to clam up (unfortunately this might perpetuate the tendency to hide mental illness, but that's a story for another day).
While it might sound unlikely, I wonder if she changed her mind when the car went under water. The frigid water would probably prompt most people to escape regardless of their intentions. Maybe she floated up through the moon roof (intentionally or otherwise) but never made it to shore. I don't know how strong the currents are in January so she could be hard to find. And it's 27 degrees in the greater Lowell area today so I'm not sure if many people will be out looking today.
I hope I'm wrong.
Great post! That all makes sense to me.
It's hard to figure out how she'd escape the vehicle. I'm not so sure if she could have fit through the sunroof or not. The lifting strap ran through the door, and through the sunroof, so I'm not sure if the passengers door was open, or of they opened it to run the strap through. When a vehicle goes in the water, tow companies are not too concerned about damage because the vehicle is a "total."

A quick reminder that info posted as fact MUST contain a link to substantiate that info in MSM or by LE statement. Otherwise it is considered a rumor and a violation of TOS and must be removed, as do all subsequent replies that quote the rumor.

<modsnip>

I also went down to the vehicle recovery site today. I doubt highly the vehicle jumped the wall which is about 18 inches at it's lower points. I've attached a picture of the wall with my 4y/o standing on it (Image 1). There's a gate on either side of the boat house both with 2 padlocks each. One has older looking locks (Image 2). What is a little odd is that the gate locking the ramp has 2 brand new locks on it (Image 3). Maybe police cut the old ones to access the ramp for recovery but the ramp itself looked fairly undisturbed. (Image 4).

So I headed over to the Rourke Brothers Boat Ramp across from Cobham (formerly MACOM). What I noticed immediately is that the gate was locked despite a sign saying open dawn to dusk. This could just be because most parks were closed at the start of Covid. The lock is intact and undisturbed (Image 5). However there is a gap next to the gate that is certainly large enough to drive through. Although the grade is very steep from the road, I'm certain my Chevy Equinox could have made it (Image 6). After watching several videos of cars floating down river I can see how this could have been the point of entry.

Attachments

• 20210125_153033.jpg
    20210125_153033.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 20210125_153049.jpg
    20210125_153049.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I also went down to the vehicle recovery site today. I doubt highly the vehicle jumped the wall which is about 18 inches at it's lower points. I've attached a picture of the wall with my 4y/o standing on it (Image 1). There's a gate on either side of the boat house both with 2 padlocks each. One has older looking locks (Image 2). What is a little odd is that the gate locking the ramp has 2 brand new locks on it (Image 3). Maybe police cut the old ones to access the ramp for recovery but the ramp itself looked fairly undisturbed. (Image 4).

So I headed over to the Rourke Brothers Boat Ramp across from Cobham (formerly MACOM). What I noticed immediately is that the gate was locked despite a sign saying open dawn to dusk. This could just be because most parks were closed at the start of Covid. The lock is intact and undisturbed (Image 5). However there is a gap next to the gate that is certainly large enough to drive through. Although the grade is very steep from the road, I'm certain my Chevy Equinox could have made it (Image 6). After watching several videos of cars floating down river I can see how this could have been the point of entry.
Awesome work!!!!!!!!! I hope she's found soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes