Found Deceased UK - John Dick, 37, missing Marine, Bury St Edmunds, 30 Nov 2020

https://twitter.com/helpfindjohn1/status/1350529813107404800/photo/1
This is the last known sighting we have of John at Dovercourt Station on 30/11/2020. Do you remember seeing him getting off the train? Did anyone on that night see him walking about in the area? Did he come into your shop, or get into your taxi?
#helpfindjohn
1:46 PM · Jan 16, 2021

Er4Ln8ZWMAIAB4T

Just chiming in to say that retweeting John's picture could be helpful, if anyone of you have twitter. The previous tweet has zero replies and I think it's because no relevant hashtags were used. I tried retweeting with some hashtags (#Dovercourt, etc) but someone more familiar with the geography might do better. I probably should have added #Suffolk.

Anyway, it's worth a shot if you have a twitter account.

From the cctv John looks concerned. There is no bag. Arms folded on chest. This is what body language says about this.

By folding one or both arms across the chest, a barrier is formed that is an unconscious attempt to block out what we perceive as a threat or undesirable circumstances. The arms fold neatly across the heart and lungs regions to protect these vital organs from being injured, so it's likely that arm-crossing is inborn.
https://westsidetoastmasters.com/resources/book_of_body_language/chap4.html
Someone mentioned John could of headed to the Parkeston area, being only a stones throw from Harwich international. If John did get on a boat i dont see this being immediate as John was in Dovercourt Tuesday night there was some internet activity from John on the Friday which may indicate he may be in the UK then.
I worry about John, and i do wonder that theres something in Johns background that has lead to this.

From the cctv John looks concerned. There is no bag. Arms folded on chest. This is what body language says about this.

By folding one or both arms across the chest, a barrier is formed that is an unconscious attempt to block out what we perceive as a threat or undesirable circumstances. The arms fold neatly across the heart and lungs regions to protect these vital organs from being injured, so it's likely that arm-crossing is inborn.
Someone mentioned John could of headed to the Parkeston area, being only a stones throw from Harwich international. If John did get on a boat i dont see this being immediate as John was in Dovercourt Tuesday night there was some internet activity from John on the Friday which may indicate he may be in the UK then.
I worry about John, and i do wonder that theres something in Johns background that has lead to this.

Yes I agree. John's body language is very telling. Obviously it's only one picture but I see a furrowed brow, arms crossed in almost a self soothing action. No bag is a big worry. I hope he's found soon. The not knowing is awful for families.

*** Please Share *** Updated 21st Feb 2021 ***

It’s now 12 weeks since my brother John Ross Dick went missing. Last seen leaving a train at Dovercourt Station in Essex at around 8.20pm on 30th November 2020. We haven’t had any confirmed sightings since then.

John was under an extraordinary amount of stress in the lead up to his disappearance, but we believe he is still alive and out there somewhere, as do the police. He could be anywhere now, as a Royal Marines veteran and a Security Professional, he has contacts all over the country, but has strong links to Stevenage and North Hertfordshire. We believe someone must have been in contact with him, so please if you have seen him, or spoken to him, let us know.

His children, his wife, my parents and all of our friends are desperate to know that he is okay and safe. He is much missed and much loved by all of us and we want him to know that we are all here waiting with open arms ready to help and support him. I never ever thought in a million years that something like this could happen to our family and all our hearts are broken

If you have any information that may help, please contact Suffolk police on 101, and if you are with him right now, then contact 999.

Please keep sharing his face and get him home.

Thank you

Just seen a picture on fb from Johns sister of John standing guard at 10 Downing Street. It shows 2 me just how high up John is in special protection and does cause me concern.
Also One of Johns family members has said it is no longer an active investigation by police. Is this usual behaviour for police to actively say this?
We do know John was under severe distress before he disappeared and does not suffer PTSD.

Welcome, @Thelasthawaiian! Thanks for the link.

In UK, does GBH = great bodily harm?

A 38-year-old dad from Bury St Edmunds who went missing last November is now wanted by police in connection with an assault, which happened the day before he disappeared. [snip] "Our wanted appeal relates to a GBH level assault that took place in Thetford on November 29, 2020. "We’re aware that other forces may have published missing person appeals in relation to John Dick, but our concern is with the crime that took place in Norfolk in November last year."

Last edited:
I wonder why now this has been released, is it that the victim has only just come forward ? I have mentioned before crossed arms (from the CCTV) is a sign of distress, feeling anxious, insecure and afraid.
Looking at Lupine S.I.S which John is part owner is late filling accounts for this year, so this company could be winding down.

I assume he was reported missing in Suffolk hence the Suffolk missing persons, but is wanted in Norfolk. So either police didn't communicate with each other or they've only just identified him as the suspect.

I always thought there was some vital information missing as the image of the family man vanishing and the knowledge he was still alive but with no evidence presented on how they knew this. It also explains why he randomly arrived in dovercourt with seemingly nothing with him as he was likely on the run at this point.

The GBH also means this isn't simply getting into a fight or generally attacking someone, it's something much more serious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back