Identified! AL - Bibb Co, WhtMal UP13483, 14-17, MVA/hitchhiker, tattoo: RY + LOVE Mar'61 - Daniel Armantrout

Bibb County John Doe's Namus page was updated in the past couple of weeks. Anyone know what information was updated?
March 27th will be the 60th Anniversary of his death. :( His contemporaries are now in their 70's...

20210117_125334 AAAA.jpg bibb county john doe 01192021 colored 3 signed.jpg

For his upcoming anniversary, I drew frontal views based on his post-mortem photos.

Last edited:
@othram and @Tabirey Thank you both so much for the lovely compliments! As with all my drawings, I just hope it can help a wee bit and I'm glad to do it!

So glad to hear that there is a renewed interest in finding this boy's name. 60 years is sooo long ago...
I sincerely hope you're successful @othram in your pursuit!!!

Oh wow..that is so creepy!
Creepy yes, perhaps a coincidence or maybe he was just not a very good driver.

Here's something else creepy. I just started watching Carnival of Souls. A cult horror flick filmed in Kansas and Utah in late 1962, it begins with a car going through a bridge's wooden railing and into a muddy river. The sole survivor becomes the central character. IMDB says the movie was inspired by a Twilight Zone episode "The Hitch-hiker", but given that info about BCJD was distributed nationwide the previous year (according to news articles), you have to wonder if he was part of the inspiration too.

Funny I always thought he looked like Eddie Munster... but that is just me.

Awesome. I made the same comparison tonight on Reddit. Then I came here to check if there was a thread devoted to this case. As soon as I saw your avatar early in the thread I was confident you had already made the family connection.

This will always be the Eddie Munster case to me, if only due to that early sketch artist.

In looking at the post mortems I saw a young Rickie Fowler

Awesome. I made the same comparison tonight on Reddit. Then I came here to check if there was a thread devoted to this case. As soon as I saw your avatar early in the thread I was confident you had already made the family connection.

This will always be the Eddie Munster case to me, if only due to that early sketch artist.

In looking at the post mortems I saw a young Rickie Fowler

Omg ... thank you I needed this laugh this morning ha! Yes he will Always be Eddie Munster to me too! Ha!

This link has a lot more information on pages 17 and 18, including clearer post-mortem pics and a pic of the 'tattoo' on his arm. It definitely says "RY + LOVE" and looks more like scratch marks to me.
If you enter page 17 and scroll to page 18) of all this UID's pictures, THESE are most helpful. I actually captured a screenshot just in case. These are post morten after he'd been cleaned up. They are very clear. I had a totally different idea of what he looked like BEFORE these FBI photos.
The 1 newspaper photo floating around doesn't look like this UID for some reason IMO, maybe its angle or newspaper fade etc. I actually had to read the fbi article to make sure it was the same UID and it is him.
THANK YOU @PropaneYeeter!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back