TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

Where were the phones found and what about the fingerprints on the phones ? Do we know anything about that ?
My guess they were all murdered brutally .
m/s doesn’t make any sense on this case esp as per the latest phone calls imo.
I haven't heard anything about their phones. And honestly, I don't think I had heard about the paternity case. That would be an interesting element to the case. Another thing I had not heard was about NO taking pills. Does anyone have more info on these things?

The ME ruled it a murder/suicide and the Sherriff agreed with him on the suicide bit, BUT stated he wasn't ready to close the case because he "still had TWO murders to solve." Two. Not three.

Way back when in the beginning. Two murders. The Girls. Who killed the girls.

People pointing that statement out and what the statement actually said, "TWO murders to solve" (not three) and the arguments around it already got this thread shut down once by some who insisted that a "POI, not suspect" must have killed all three of them.

Nicole committed suicide; that's not in doubt. Those that do this for a living - the pros (ME and Sherriff) - have never expressed doubt about that bit. They obviously have what they need to back up that finding. I'm good with listening to the experts.

so is it possible that someone made her turn the gun on herself and then killed the girls .. or the other unlikely possibility that she killed herself in the presence of that person and he/she killed the girls cause they know things ..idk

It's a multi-million dollar home. I don't know how much it actually sold for, but if there's someone out there house-shopping who has no emotional connection to the previous occupants I can certainly see them snapping up a "good deal". It certainly is a beautiful home.
under a million and thats like crazy cheap.. but who wants a house with fresh blood of children..well

I think life is complicated enough; moving a women with three children, that have three different fathers, is very challenging, and difficult;
I do not find this presents a “positive family image”: I would wonder about his, or anyone else’s choices, that complicate their lives in such an extreme manner...

As a divorced no kids I have dated many men with kids, some with different mothers, and don't think anything of it. It's 2021 not 1950 and people are much less traditional and much more open with their relationships and their family lives these days. Most these men had hopes to enter new relationships and join households. I don't find anything odd about it at all and find the tone here archaic and judgmental.

under a million and thats like crazy cheap.. but who wants a house with fresh blood of children..well

Well, perhaps this house will show on a future episode of Haunted Houses for example.

My current house was not wanted by the survivors of the gentlman businessman who built it and who lived and died here. And Grand Barachois is a really small place where everyone knows everyone and have been here for generations.

BUT, my hubby and I got a 800k value retirement home on the ocean in Atlantic Canada (where real estate is already considered cheap by Ontario standards) for 427K exactly because of the situation. It's a beaut; it was a steal. We love it here. Can't wait for all our kids and grandkids to be able to actually travel here to spend time with us. Our neighbours are great and are slowly coming around to us "foreigners" here in the heart of Acadia - most likely because we both are bilingual. They speak of the previous occupant and his high regard in the community and how they thought it would never sell because someone died in it when it was put up on the market. They couldn't bear the thought, but we didn't have that emotional connection. We were just looking for our dream retirement home and found it (and it's law here to "disclose" things like deaths in the home when trying to sell it, so we knew the history).

You just need the right people to come along.

Last edited:
As a divorced no kids I have dated many men with kids, some with different mothers, and don't think anything of it. It's 2021 not 1950 and people are much less traditional and much more open with their relationships and their family lives these days. Most these men had hopes to enter new relationships and join households. I don't find anything odd about it at all and find the tone here archaic and judgmental.

Thank you. Thank you for my younger brother who married for the first time a single mom who had a 13 yo and a 10 yo when they married. She is 13 years his senior (she's also got 10 years on me!). They went on to have 2 more children. They've been married 23 years now and are doing just awesomely fine. As are all my wonderful nieces and nephews and their grandkids!

I'm working from msm articles.
CrimeOnline wrote an article 6 days ago.

"An autopsy report determined that Olsen killed her children before shooting herself, but Sheriff Javier Salazar of the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office said he’s “not ready to label Nichol Olson as a murderer, a double murderer of her own children.” Salazar has now refused to sign the final forms on the case, pending further investigation."

If he feels she did not murder her daughters, then who did?

"Authorities have not named a suspect in the case, but Alexa’s father filed a lawsuit this week against Charles Wheeler. According to the lawsuit, plaintiff Carlos Montez Jr. sued Wheeler for gross negligence and wrongful death."
BBM

Nichol Olsen: FOUR 911 calls made before triple deaths of mom and two young daughters, found shot to death inside lavish mansion

CW is a person of interest.
There are others also who are persons of interest.

Where were the phones found and what about the fingerprints on the phones ? Do we know anything about that ?
My guess they were all murdered brutally .
m/s doesn’t make any sense on this case esp as per the latest phone calls imo.
Interesting b/c I think the latest info on the phone calls and texts points to a m/m/s more than anything has. I’m glad the investigation is being reviewed if there is any doubt, but I have less doubts than I did before the texts and calls were released.

Interesting b/c I think the latest info on the phone calls and texts points to a m/m/s more than anything has. I’m glad the investigation is being reviewed if there is any doubt, but I have less doubts than I did before the texts and calls were released.
I'm kind of telling on myself here.

About 10 years ago I had a cleaning job althat I didn't want to go on. So I called the owner and as soon as it rang once I hung up--- I did this three or four times. I didn't want him to pick up. Later, I use the excuse that my phone wasn't working properly. That I actually did try to call him but the phone call wouldn't go through.
I know I know, what a rotten thing to do. But that was also 10 years ago.
As soon as I heard of the hang-up thing with a 911 call the first thing that came to my mind was what I did.

Could it had been someone other than NO? And wanted it to look like she was dialing?

Could it have been someone other than NO and was thinking police would arrive via gps?

Was someone dialing and someone else stopping the dialing?

911 calls imply an urgent need for police assistance afak .. what’s the point at calling 911 after m/s .. is it for come and pick us ? Never heard of such a thing .. jmo
Maybe one of the girls was trying to get help but wasn’t able to talk or NO had second thoughts and wanted help for them, but ultimately decided to kill herself anyway as planned.
Sometimes survival instinct kicks in too.

But what if it was one of the daughters who was trying to call 911? On her mom's phone. You don't need a passcode to make an emergency call from most cell phones. And one child was shot twice (boy, that is hard to write) or one could have seen what happened to her sister (harder to write). Which would also explain "smeared blood." I can think of some facts that might be clarify things: fingerprints on the phone (mentioned), maybe touch DNA on the phone, time of death in relation to those calls; who the phone was in proximity to. ETA - @Orgona - I see we are thinking along the same lines!
911 calls imply an urgent need for police assistance afak .. what’s the point at calling 911 after m/s .. is it for come and pick us ? Never heard of such a thing .. jmo

I don't blame the sheriff for wanting a more complete picture. There is a lot of open questions here and clearly, from articles, the sheriff does not think that the original investigator did a stellar job. With all of the new information we are finding out now, who could blame the sheriff for wanting to chase down every lead.

I also read through Alexis' father's lawsuit. The lawsuit basically admits that it was a murder suicide. He is alleging that CW was negligent in leaving the gun with someone unstable, not that CW pulled the trigger. Granted that that admission doesn't mean anything in terms of the criminal investigation but it is interesting that the father thinks this.

Given all that, tragic as it is, I'm with @happyday -

Last edited:
I believe all aspects of cases need to be explored:
I worked for many years as a psychiatric nurse with criminals, families, and children; I always find stable homes are very important for children, with defined role models...
When there are different adults parenting over the years, and rapidly moving non consistent relationships; including into a strange homes, this can result in a lack of stability and self esteem for many children;
It doesn’t matter if it was 1950s or 2020s, IMO, most children desire and deserve stability and a safe comfortable environment to fully thrive... MOO

I'm kind of telling on myself here.

About 10 years ago I had a cleaning job althat I didn't want to go on. So I called the owner and as soon as it rang once I hung up--- I did this three or four times. I didn't want him to pick up. Later, I use the excuse that my phone wasn't working properly. That I actually did try to call him but the phone call wouldn't go through.
I know I know, what a rotten thing to do. But that was also 10 years ago.
As soon as I heard of the hang-up thing with a 911 call the first thing that came to my mind was what I did.

Could it had been someone other than NO? And wanted it to look like she was dialing?

Could it have been someone other than NO and was thinking police would arrive via gps?

Was someone dialing and someone else stopping the dialing?

I call them "hesitation calls" to 911.

Kind of like the "hesitation cuts" that suicide victims who slice their wrists often have.

Had she killed her girls and was contemplating calling 911 to tell them what she'd done then quickly hung up? Then figured "to hell with that - let him find us" because she was so pissed off at him? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.

There's a recent case here on the site where a woman shot her 4 children, killing them, and then set the house on fire, called 911 to tell them what she'd done and then sat at her picnic table next to the house and killed herself too (and was also burned as the fire raged) before the law arrived. If she hadn't called 911 to tell them what she'd done, we'd all be over there supposing that it must have been her husband because mom's don't do such things and, or that someone else just set it up to look that way, even if the LE ruled it a S/M/M/M/M there'd be those who would never believe it just because.

It happens.

Last edited:
"Salazar also was disappointed with the results of the investigation into the shooting deaths of Nichol Olsen and her two daughters at a home in Anaqua Springs Ranch. The Bexar County Medical Examiner has ruled that the 2019 case was a double murder-suicide with Nichol killing her daughters and herself. Despite the medical examiner’s finding, Salazar determined there were too many unanswered questions and assigned the case to his deputies for further investigation, but he was not satisfied with the final report."

A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA

"Salazar also was disappointed with the results of the investigation into the shooting deaths of Nichol Olsen and her two daughters at a home in Anaqua Springs Ranch. The Bexar County Medical Examiner has ruled that the 2019 case was a double murder-suicide with Nichol killing her daughters and herself. Despite the medical examiner’s finding, Salazar determined there were too many unanswered questions and assigned the case to his deputies for further investigation, but he was not satisfied with the final report."

A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA

Right; but he also stated way back when that his dissatisfaction came with the fact that he "still had two murders to investigate". That's been linked in this thread numerous times.

I've yet to see a link where he questions the actual ruling of her being a suicide.

Right; but he also stated way back when that his dissatisfaction came with the fact that he "still had two murders to investigate". That's been linked in this thread numerous times.

I've yet to see a link where he questions the actual ruling of her being a suicide.
I wasn't here way back in the begining. I can only go on what I read in msm as of late. That article is dated 1/8/21.

I wasn't here way back in the begining. I can only go on what I read in msm as of late. That article is dated 1/8/21.

Here you go:

Post from way back then with the sheriff's actual words vice a reporters:

TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

The original article:
BCSO 'not ready to say' mom killed 2 kids then self at Anaqua Springs Ranch home (ksat.com)

And, the pertinent bit of text of his words about what his issue with the ME findings/closing the case are that many seem to willingly overlook:
"The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. "We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."

and again at the end he reiterates once again the issuing with closing the investigation:
"It's not that I'm not totally convinced by (the evidence)," Salazar said. "We owe it to the public and to the victims in the case, and their families, of course, to continue this investigation. We can't just say, 'Well, this is what the medical examiner says, case closed.' We've still got two murder investigations, at least at this point, on these two young ladies. We have to find out who it is."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back