TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 yr old Nathan Heathco of Liberty County Tx that disappeared after walking away from his wrecked vehicle on Jan 12 has been positively identified.

His body was located along the Trinity River about 1.7 miles from the crash scene. The cause of death was ruled as drowning. Authorities believe his body became visible on the bank after the water subsided. #RIP Nathan.

Sadly, I believe JL will be located in a similar manner.

Found Deceased - TX - Nathan Heathco, 22, Liberty County, 12 Jan 2021

Depends on if you have rear or front wheel drive in how to drift. Also there is awd and 4wd. Anyways that is not what he was doing. He just lost control on a gravel road, over corrected and span out. Moo

I'm inclined to say they didn't do much. The broken pieces of tail lights and broken off car pieces were left at the scene by the tree. I have a hard time imagining that they went overboard doing an investigation at the scene.
Don't confuse accident investigation (a police department responsibility) with accident scene cleanup (usually a towing company responsibility).

Don't confuse accident investigation (a police department responsibility) with accident scene cleanup (usually a towing company responsibility).
I'm not. Pieces of the tail lights or bumper could show evidence if he was hit from behind. LE may not have suspected foul play initially but if investigation in the weeks since the accident raises questions of possible involvement of another vehicle, it might be useful to have the small pieces of the taillights/ small pieces of bumper, in a box in an evidence room.

I'm not. Pieces of the tail lights or bumper could show evidence if he was hit from behind. LE may not have suspected foul play initially but if investigation in the weeks since the accident raises questions of possible involvement of another vehicle, it might be useful to have the small pieces of the taillights/ small pieces of bumper, in a box in an evidence room.
Enough of the car remained, you can tell the impact was from the side and not the rear from the accident pictures.

I wish we had a picture of how the vehicle was sitting at the scene of the accident.

I've been pondering something. In the photo of the wrecked car you can see the back window is broken out. IF it came to rest against that barbed-wire fence, possibly keeping the driver door from opening, I wonder if he could have panicked and crawled out through that back window. Or with the automatic door locks possibly disabled from the accident he may not have been necessarily thinking clearly to reach and manually unlock them. Could that be where the small amount of blood was found? Could it be why LE has stated that they are fairly certain he exited the vehicle with minor injuries?

I wish we had a picture of how the vehicle was sitting at the scene of the accident.

I've been pondering something. In the photo of the wrecked car you can see the back window is broken out. IF it came to rest against that barbed-wire fence, possibly keeping the driver door from opening, I wonder if he could have panicked and crawled out through that back window. Or with the automatic door locks possibly disabled from the accident he may not have been necessarily thinking clearly to reach and manually unlock them. Could that be where the small amount of blood was found? Could it be why LE has stated that they are fairly certain he exited the vehicle with minor injuries?
Wasn't the car found with the key in the ignition but locked. Your theory may explain that.

It is incredibly difficult to break out a car window to exit a car. Now, if the window was broken in the accident that sure would be a possibility.

I am back on the VFD driver who called 911.
Did he go check out the vehicle when he first spotted it ??
As a first responder, I would think his instinct would be to go check.
Or did he just call 911 and go on his way ??
Regardless, Jason is still missing, but I am just curious.

Speaking of reckless driving and stunts. I'm aware of a young man (I did not know him- mid 20's) just last week was messing around in his car in a empty parking lot, lost control and rammed into a building. He freaked and left without calling LE. Of course video caught the whole thing, witnesses nearby saw/heard it. Everyone was looking for him, he never returned home that night. He was found on his families large property yesterday with his truck running, he committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. He rigged his exhaust. Everyone is devastated and shocked. Yes, he would have been in trouble, but he would have got past it. He had his whole life ahead of him. IMO
Oh, how sad.
So sad he committed suicide. over something like that.
But he was young and probably thought he was done for and didn't know any different.
Still sad.

That info should be available on the body cam of responding officer.
Be great if they would release that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member