Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

So true my former best friend owned top restaurants with bars:
I would get a call to pick her up several nights a week, because she could not walk to her car;
She eventually did drive right into a house, and thankfully nobody was hurt...
I tried to arrange an intervention for her, with several close friends, and she never talked to me again...
Without question she was the most beautiful woman in the state we resided in, sat on many committees, and resided in fully staffed mansions: When she was out and drinking she was easy to target and/or pick up...
Nobody knows what is going on in homes of people impaired with occasional or routine alcohol and/or drugs... MOO
Again, it is #alleged alcohol abuse.
we do not know the truth but it's likely her autopsy report will verify whether or not there was a substantial quantity of either alcohol or drugs in her system at the time of her death.

Again, it is #alleged alcohol abuse.
we do not know the truth but it's likely her autopsy report will verify whether or not there was a substantial quantity of either alcohol or drugs in her system at the time of her death.
So true... her family, friends, employers, and perhaps former boyfriend(s) were also interviewed, I would assume, to see if she did drink or use any types of medications on occasion or routinely;
For sometimes not having them in your system can create withdrawal, or other symptoms just as problematic, as the ETOH/meds themselves...
NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE HERE;
Just find it curious that she was vacationing and going out alone when she was married for less than a year... Her mother’s loss of time stating; her daughter was “taking a year off” prior to going to medical school; when she was clearly out of college for multiple years... There just appears to be something missing that a closer look at her, and her husband, and friends backgrounds might help to define... MOO

So true... her family, friends, employers, and perhaps former boyfriend(s) were also interviewed, I would assume, to see if she did drink or use any types of medications on occasion or routinely;
For sometimes not having them in your system can create withdrawal, or other symptoms just as problematic, as the ETOH/meds themselves...
Just find it curious that she was vacationing and going out alone when she was married for less than a year... Her mother’s loss of time stating; her daughter was “taking a year off” prior to going to medical school; when she was clearly out of college for multiple years... There just appears to be something missing that a closer look at her, and her husband, and friends backgrounds might help to define... MOO
It is a murder investigation, pretty sure they will look a everything and everybody in her life at the time of her death.

It is a murder investigation, pretty sure they will look a everything and everybody in her life at the time of her death.
True, but apparently her friends are not long term friends, and she had been married for less than one year, to a man that she met, waitressing, while employed at Twin Peaks:
So it appears the people involved in her life are all short term historians...
I would question how she ended up in Texas, if she had a LTR prior to her husband, and if she has a history of online dating, etc... MOO

True, but apparently her friends are not long term friends, and she had been married for less than one year, to a man that she met, waitressing, while employed at Twin Peaks:
So it appears the people involved in her life are all short term historians...
I would question how she ended up in Texas, if she had a LTR prior to her husband, and if she has a history of online dating, etc... MOO

I posted about how I believe she ended up in TX a few weeks back. Unsure how long term it was but my guess is it wasn't very long term. MOO: Found Deceased - TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2

I believe she followed an ex-fiancé here. MOO, again. But the article that post references also answers a bunch of questions people have been asking as to the 1 yr she took off from school:

Stacey shared that Alexis, the eldest of her three daughters, had been planning to apply to medical school after taking a year off following her college graduation in 2016, but "that year knocked her onto a different path, which happens," she said. (BBM)

So it sounds like she intended to take a year off, then real life changed for her and she got engaged (twice).

This is a newscast from KHOU Channel 11 in Houston, talking about the case, and talking with her 'ex-trainer at Twins'. She's the one that introduced her to Tom since she was having a bad time with her ex-fiancé.

Just found another Houston case to reference for timeline: Emmishae Kirby

9/28/20 woman goes missing
10/3/20 body found (shot in head and strangled)
Houston PD quickly suspected ex boyfriend (DV, texts of feeling unsafe, track record)
Lots of surveillance footage found including him carrying heavy object (believed to be victim)
1/20/21 ex boyfriend (finally) arrested
Tx. Woman Disappeared in September — and Her Ex-Boyfriend Has Just Been Charged in Her Murder

JMO: even in obvious slam dunk cases with lots of evidence, building the case can take time. At least in Houston and in age of Covid.

Hope so...
Have seen tunnel vision at times; especially when it is hard, with lack of security footage apparently showing a clear suspect, and lab analysis incomplete, there seems to be many areas still left to evaluate...
Were both former fiancés from Texas?
Is that how she ended up in Texas?
Hope they were both cleared, as well as any stalkers, or perhaps dating history since marriage; if she did go out with anyone...
If she was going out around her marriage; I would find it unusual that she would be going alone... MOO

I guess I’m trying to understand why people here are still speculating about whether the victim was abusing drugs or alcohol. Even if the tox comes back and it shows that she was tipsy, or drunk, or high, it doesn’t change the fact that she was strangled to death and left on the side of the road. That doesn’t happen by accident because someone had an extra long island ice tea. No one deserves that, and no one is responsible for their own homocide (let alone having their body dumped in a bush for a stranger to discover). Drug addicts, sex workers, alcoholics, people in withdrawal... are all vulnerable people and deserve the same amount of justice without it being implied that they had a role in their own death.

I guess I’m trying to understand why people here are still speculating about whether the victim was abusing drugs or alcohol. Even if the tox comes back and it shows that she was tipsy, or drunk, or high, it doesn’t change the fact that she was strangled to death and left on the side of the road. That doesn’t happen by accident because someone had an extra long island ice tea. No one deserves that, and no one is responsible for their own homocide (let alone having their body dumped in a bush for a stranger to discover). Drug addicts, sex workers, alcoholics, people in withdrawal... are all vulnerable people and deserve the same amount of justice without it being implied that they had a role in their own death.

She obviously did not strangle herself and was murdered:
However, understanding her lifestyle, people she was involved with; family, friends, stalkers, and/or dating possibilities; needs to be investigated and ruled out as potential suspects...
If she did have drugs in her system, or any possibility of drug/ETOH history then it has to be investigated; who might have been with her, did she go out to meet someone, or did she come upon a dangerous stranger vs someone she knew...
Frequently being drugged by someone, or meeting up with a dangerous person, can all go hand in hand with death resulting...
There was the murder of Mackenzie Luech, who arranged to meet a man in a park, and many others that met online, and were murdered...
Her social media accounts, social contacts, and competition at work; probably need to be explored, as well as check if she had another mobile phone... MOO
Very sad and horrific for all of those close to her...

Last edited:
She obviously did not strangle herself and was murdered:
However, understanding her lifestyle, people she was involved with; family, friends, stalkers, and/or dating possibility needs to be investigated and ruled out as suspects...
If she did have drugs in her system, or any possibility of drug/ETOH history then it has to be investigated; who might have been with her or did she go out to meet, or come upon a dangerous stranger vs someone she knew...
Frequently drugging someone, or meeting up with a dangerous person, can all go hand in hand with death resulting...
There was the murder of Mackenzie Luech, who arranged to meet a man in a park, and many others that met online, and were murdered... Her social media, social contacts, and competition at work;
probably need to be explored, as well as check if she had another mobile phone...
Very sad and horrific for all of those close to her...

I understand your point but the amount of speculation about drugs/alcohol use in this thread seems overblown for how much we actually know as fact and I think we have to be careful.

More importantly, we have to keep in mind where certain information come from. Who was the person that implied she might have been drinking? Has it been corroborated by anyone else, let alone LE? Is it a credible source? Does speculation about the victim drinking or possibly acting recklessly benefit anyone? Just some things to consider here.

I understand your point but the amount of speculation about drugs/alcohol use in this thread seems overblown for how much we actually know as fact and I think we have to be careful.

More importantly, we have to keep in mind where certain information come from. Who was the person that implied she might have been drinking? Has it been corroborated by anyone else, let alone LE? Is it a credible source? Does speculation about the victim drinking or possibly acting recklessly benefit anyone? Just some things to consider here.

BBM

The discussion is coming from something her husband said about the last time he allegedly saw her.

He said that they had an argument because he told her that she shouldn’t drive under the influence. It’s never been specified what “under the influence” meant to him.

BBM

The discussion is coming from something her husband said about the last time he allegedly saw her.

He said that they had an argument because he told her that she shouldn’t drive under the influence. It’s never been specified what “under the influence” meant to him.

Yes, I am aware. That’s what I was hinting at. Let’s consider the source.

Husband can be a right or wrong witness, and so can her friends;
All avenues, and people, must be explored during an investigation:
To avoid a wrongful conviction... MOO

Of course. But when the sole source of information is also from the last person that saw her alive IMO that info must be treated with a higher degree of caution until it’s corroborated or reiterated by anyone else

BBM

If her husband thought she was under the influence of something the last time he saw her, I wonder if whatever she was under the influence of, would still be in her system when the toxicology tests were run?

Just sort of thinking out loud, but I don't recall what time it was he last saw her, or when the ME did those tests. Or, for that matter, how long intoxicating substances stay in the system.

In any case, unless LE or the ME report says different, I'll go with what the husband said. If he assumed she was under the influence, then I'll take him at his word.

jmo

Have we heard anything about her apartment, phone or vehicle being searched by LE? I’m assuming since her death wasn’t ruled a homicide until last week that nothing was searched. Its so upsetting to think any evidence was lost in the seven weeks between her murder and the autopsy ruling.

Have we heard anything about her apartment, phone or vehicle being searched by LE? I’m assuming since her death wasn’t ruled a homicide until last week that nothing was searched. Its so upsetting to think any evidence was lost in the seven weeks between her murder and the autopsy ruling.

I know nothing about these sorts of things but wouldn't the fact a questionable death (young, healthy, and naked seen from the road) be enough to search the house in order that evidence wasn't removed/covered up? Time is of the essence in these matters but what do I know?

This is a newscast from KHOU Channel 11 in Houston, talking about the case, and talking with her 'ex-trainer at Twins'. She's the one that introduced her to Tom since she was having a bad time with her ex-fiancé.

While this report indicates she met her husband in Odessa, TX and moved away, we don't know the date. However, we do know that the couple lived in Colorado just before moving to Houston-- January 2020.

There's just so much hearsay about this case on SM that it can seemingly be difficult at times to parse fact from scuttle. Complicating the situation is the fact that the so-called "friends" group of the victim (especially one in particular) is prattling incessantly about the case, all the while insistent that they -- and they alone -- know what is and what is not w/r to this case and the players allegedly involved/not involved.

While I respect the fact that they had fairly recent contact with the victim, it also appears that they were not privy to a significant portion of the victim's life. (Nor, for that matter, was the victim's mother, apparently.) And they are clearly not being kept in the loop by LE, considering the fact that even the victim's mother implies that LE hasn't given her much of anything since the first couple of days after the victim was found.

That said, when I read things like "It's so upsetting to think any evidence was lost in the seven weeks between her murder and the autopsy ruling", my first question is simply this: where is there any supporting factual information which outlines the reason for this concern?

Aside from the aforementioned hearsay, there seems to be little official word which gives the average observer any reason to believe LE has botched this case. And the lack of info being made by public is certainly no reason for such concern or suspicion, for reasons already covered here ad infinitum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back