Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

While this report indicates she met her husband in Odessa, TX and moved away, we don't know the date. However, we do know that the couple lived in Colorado just before moving to Houston-- January 2020.

She was apparently engaged at the time she met her husband. I wonder if perhaps that prior love interest may have been the reason for the move, considering there is a significant oil & gas industry connection between Colorado and Texas.

And along those lines, something I pondered recently: has anyone i.e. LE) considered a possible connection between a former love interest of the victim's, and this crime?

If her husband thought she was under the influence of something the last time he saw her, I wonder if whatever she was under the influence of, would still be in her system when the toxicology tests were run?

Just sort of thinking out loud, but I don't recall what time it was he last saw her, or when the ME did those tests. Or, for that matter, how long intoxicating substances stay in the system.

In any case, unless LE or the ME report says different, I'll go with what the husband said. If he assumed she was under the influence, then I'll take him at his word.

jmo
From what's been reported thus far (i.e., husband last saw AS Friday night and body recovered Sat morning), I believe ME was able to complete toxicology. We know that regardless of the results of her tox screen, the cause of death was strangulation-- and not drugs. Reportedly, her body also showed no defensive wounds so I think it's possible she was impaired and unable to fight her attacker. MOO

She was apparently engaged at the time she met her husband. I wonder if perhaps that prior love interest may have been the reason for the move, considering there is a significant oil & gas industry connection between Colorado and Texas.

And along those lines, something I pondered recently: has anyone i.e. LE) considered a possible connection between a former love interest of the victim's, and this crime?

In the news video, her co-worker/trainer in Odessa described TS as one of their "regulars" (i.e., established customer) and the former as her ex-fiance. To be clear, AS could have met one of the regulars while engaged but I don't think it should not be implied that her friend introduced AS to TS while she was still engaged to somebody else. MOO

In the news video, her co-worker/trainer in Odessa described TS as one of their "regulars" (i.e., established customer) and the former as her ex-fiance. To be clear, AS could have met one of the regulars while engaged but I don't think it should not be implied that her friend introduced AS to TS while she was still engaged to somebody else. MOO

I took her trainers comment to mean that the fiancé was an ex when she Introduced AS to TS.
MOO

There's just so much hearsay about this case on SM that it can seemingly be difficult at times to parse fact from scuttle. Complicating the situation is the fact that the so-called "friends" group of the victim (especially one in particular) is prattling incessantly about the case, all the while insistent that they -- and they alone -- know what is and what is not w/r to this case and the players allegedly involved/not involved.

RSBM

I have to disagree.
It's as easy as a walk in the park, if you don't follow any of the social media gossip and rumor. :cool:
I have absolutely no idea what her friends (or anyone else, for that matter) are on about on social media, because I don't go looking for it. I prefer to stick to the MSM coverage and any updates by LE.

I took her trainers comment to mean that the fiancé was an ex when she Introduced AS to TS.
MOO
I don't think it should not be implied that her friend introduced AS to TS while she was still engaged to somebody else. MOO
^^sbm
I agree and was unable to edit my post which should have read: "... I don't think it should be implied that her friend introduced AS to TS while she was still engaged to somebody else."

Sorry. Here's the link to the GJ Sentinel stating 12/20/19 for their marriage. - For the Record: Jan. 18, 2020

Thank you @Gemmie :)

I believe GJS's "for the record" is from the public records listing marriage licenses issued -- not to be confused with recorded marriage certificates that confirm proof of marriage.

Most states have very time-sensitive regulations for how many days the license is valid and when the certificate has to be recorded. Mesa county records show a license obtained 12/20/19 but no marriage certificate recorded. However, there can be many reasons why a marriage certificate was not recorded in the County and it does not mean they did not get married.

Session Has Expired

Thank you @Gemmie :)

I believe GJS's "for the record" is from the public records listing marriage licenses issued -- not to be confused with recorded marriage certificates that confirm proof of marriage.

Most states have very time-sensitive regulations for how many days the license is valid and when the certificate has to be recorded. Mesa county records show a license obtained 12/20/19 but no marriage certificate recorded. However, there can be many reasons why a marriage certificate was not recorded in the County and it does not mean they did not get married.

Session Has Expired

Good to know! Thank you for correcting me. I learned something new. :)

Strangulation?? In the first thread I posted more of a form of asphyxiation. I wonder if it was a chokehold, According to Wikipedia their are many versions to Strangulation. I don't think she was sexually assaulted even though she was found naked. I think this was a thrill kill. Most difficult to solved since there is no known motive. And usually the victim is unknown to the perpetrator/killer. I don't think this was their first murder. I think this was a crime of opportunity. It presented itself to the killer and he/she acted upon it. May have kept the clothes as a souvenir to relive it later, or to destroy all together or what he didn't want to keep. I still think it all occurred right around there. Perhaps on that street itself. 3 miles is not that far. So for the killer to go farther away then come back and leave her there makes no scene and risky.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACTUAL UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE. THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX. ALL THEORY AND ASSUMPTIONS

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confused. Are we sure Alexis and Tom were married at all?

No reason to believe they are not married. I think the only question is where they were married and when. For example, AS states in the YT video that she's getting married in April in Las Vegas. That alone could be the reason why they did not record their wedding certificate in Mesa County, Colorado after first obtaining a wedding license there.

We know AS mother referred to TS as her daughter's husband, and numerous MSM cites the couple as married less than a year.

No reason to believe they are not married. I think the only question is where they were married and when. For example, AS states in the YT video that she's getting married in April in Las Vegas. That alone could be the reason why they did not record their wedding certificate in Mesa County, Colorado after first obtaining a wedding license there.

We know AS mother referred to TS as her daughter's husband, and numerous MSM cites the couple as married less than a year.

Ok that makes sense. Do marriage licenses transfer from one state to another? And last for 4 months?

Her mother said the last she saw AS was Christmas 2019, which was soon after the Mesa County marriage license date of Dec. 19 as shown in the Sentinel. I initially thought they had a holiday wedding. But her mother didn’t mention that visit being for the wedding. All so puzzling.

Sanitation worker thought the body of influencer Alexis Sharkey was mannequin dumped at side of road | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Ok that makes sense. Do marriage licenses transfer from one state to another? And last for 4 months?

Her mother said the last she saw AS was Christmas 2019, which was soon after the Mesa County marriage license date of Dec. 19 as shown in the Sentinel. I initially thought they had a holiday wedding. But her mother didn’t mention that visit being for the wedding. All so puzzling.

Sanitation worker thought the body of influencer Alexis Sharkey was mannequin dumped at side of road | Daily Mail Online

I thought that marriage licenses were one state only, but I’m certainly not an expert.

I'm thinking she was since Tom was listed as her NOK. I don't think they would have done that if he wasn't her husband but what do I know? Obviously not as much about this sort of thing as you all.

Oh heck, I know very little about NOK or marriage licenses, other than what I find by googling. I know even less about marriage - according to my ex-husbands. :p

I believe if you get married in Nevada, you have to have a Nevada license. My husband and I got married at Cal-Neva in Lake Tahoe, which sits half in California and half in Nevada. We had a Nevada license, but the marriage facility was in the California area of the resort, which is much more picturesque. So, after being formally married, we had to go to the Nevada side of the resort and be legally married again, since that is where we got the license. The pastor did tell us you must have a Nevada license to be married in Nevada, thus, the two services. If she did, in fact, get married in Las Vegas, she would have needed a Nevada license, which are public record. MOO. Katt

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back