TX - David Niwamanya, 5, dies from unknown trauma at playground, Houston, 3 January 2021

If he left the apartment to go to the playground alone how does the family know he made it there? If he was injured at the playground, how did no one see a struggling young boy? And if he was seen, why did no one help? I wonder how many flights of stairs he had to take to get back to his home. Something seems iffy here!! Moo

Did I see correctly it's a gated apartment community? So the family probably thought of it as their yard, in a way. I'm sure they regret letting him go outside alone, but there are places in the world children walk to school alone at that age or play outside, so I'm not judging them.
I wonder if he was able to say anything to his family before he collapsed.

No news, COD, MOD still pending at Harris County Forensics when I checked this AM.

FYI You have to look him up by date of death (1/3/21) because they spelled his name some crazy way in their case mgmt system.

I'm really doubting he was hurt at the park. If he was hurt to such a degree to die, how would a 5yr old manage to get himself home and up stairs?
And nobody heard this little boys cries? I think he would have been crying if someone was hurting him.

I'm really doubting he was hurt at the park. If he was hurt to such a degree to die, how would a 5yr old manage to get himself home and up stairs?
And nobody heard this little boys cries? I think he would have been crying if someone was hurting him.
That’s what I think too! It would take serious blows from playground bullies to kill a little boy, and serious will from the little boy to make it back home after said injuries. Has anyone confirmed actually seeing him there?

That’s what I think too! It would take serious blows from playground bullies to kill a little boy, and serious will from the little boy to make it back home after said injuries. Has anyone confirmed actually seeing him there?
If he was actually assaulted at the playground, it might have not been by another child/teenager. It could still be an adult that did this to him. I mean, the story sounds kind of weird but then I have to remind myself that there are some kids of all ages out there capable of doing stuff like this.

Still no MOD or COD on poor little David. I checked and he is not the only one still waiting on a MOD and COD from January 3rd. I also saw a little boy whose COD and MOD are still pending from New Years Eve -- his story was featured in this sad article:
42 children under age of 12 have been killed in Harris County since 2019

There was however at least one person in the Houston system who died by gun shot wound the same day as David died and that one was listed as homicide/ gun shot COD very quickly. So David's death may have been more complicated than that. We already know that there was bruising seen on his body and that he died from unknown "trauma".

Waiting for answers on this cute little guy.

They must have edited that out when they updated the article. It said “he struggled to make his way home after being shot at the playground”
Article was Posted: Jan 21, 2021 / 08:04 AM CST / Updated: Jan 21, 2021 / 11:18 AM CST
That is true. I emailed the editor to question why it said he was shot and they removed it immediately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back