Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant “crack” as in opening up. I sense a nervous energy that he was holding in and even though she was rocking, I felt that she was much more in control of herself. He fumbled over his words, then growled(?). She fumbled a little, but corrected herself and continued on.
I can’t really explain it, but I see confidence in her where I see insecurity in him. He was the one we saw “searching” outside, he was the one who stood in front of the podium telling us how it “all played out”, while she corrected his timeline. He is the one that been spotted, while she has disappeared (distancing?).

I could be totally off base, but I think he could break more easily.

I love hearing other’s thoughts and opinions because it opens my mind to other ideas. At the end of the day, I believe they both know more than they’ve said and I believe they are both culpable for the boy’s disappearance.

JMO
MOO
speculation only

I agree, she appears to me far more controlled, also his language when describing calling LE, "you gotta call the police, I need help" or words to that effect

Eta - he appears to be doing everything, she doesn't IMO and think he would tell first

Edited again, although neither are looking for little O and O

Last edited:
Huh? I'm not seeing it. A plea for the reward fund? A plea for money for the bio-mom? This is a dated video. What plea of funds?
Google Ryan Dean and go fund me.

idk. something funky is going on. every time I go to the page, the you tube attachment goes to a different vid. very strange.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's possible to determine when someone's DNA was left behind but I do think they can differentiate between whose DNA is contained in whatever samples are collected. There is probably a mixture of everyone's DNA throughout the house. There may be fingerprints as well.

If LE was able to collect a sample of the boys DNA from a toothbrush or something only they used it would be easier to compare.

Maybe Forensic Toxicologist can answer some of these questions, although I haven't seen her here in a few weeks.

Hi MsBetsy. Thanks for the shoutout. I’ve been lurking, but you’ve all summed up my thoughts perfectly without me needing to post.

I’m certainly not a DNA expert but I can share some basic knowledge. All IMO of course ;)
They can get DNA samples from the mentioned to see who it belongs to. They can test it against bio mom for a familial match or maybe that blood bank thing (yikes! Never heard of that). DNA can become degraded, making it harder to get results. That happens over time, with exposure to elements, handling, etc. Especially if it was on fabrics which were repeatedly washed in hot temps with detergent. I’m not comfortable saying it’s impossible, but to my knowledge and IMOO there’s no way to actually “date” it. The best they could do is say it’s been there for a while due to degradation, but again other factors mentioned can determine how well preserved or degraded it gets.

ETA even with mixed DNA samples (likely in a home with that many small children) you can separate the profiles to tell who all had DNA found.

There is a real plea for funds with this video attached:

I don't see anything about a plea for funds, but I do see this - Bio Mom has always exhibited real emotion in regard to her children. Reminds me of the story of King Solomon and the two women who each claimed a baby was their own. How did KS decipher the truth?

We need all the involved parties to tell the truth. I never understand how they can go about life with something like this hanging over their head for months?

Since the chief noted in the long Bayan interview that the last sightings by non parents were by grandma and another source and both were in Bakersfield, I decided to do a little sleuthing there.

There was a crime involving a white van a few months ago. The location will be familiar to those following YTers but white vans are a dime a dozen. I can’t tell from this tv image if it’s as big as the West’s.

But seeing this and another nearby shooting and gang arrest in the spring, it did get me pondering another potential theory. Could the babies have been shot in gang violence and the whole family was threatened/scared into silence?
Seems unlikely, but just tossing it out there. Potomac Avenue shooting wounds one person | KGET 17

I don't see anything about a plea for funds, but I do see this - Bio Mom has always exhibited real emotion in regard to her children. Reminds me of the story of King Solomon and the two women who each claimed a baby was their own. How did KS decipher the truth?

We need all the involved parties to tell the truth. I never understand how they can go about life with something like this hanging over their head for months?
Divide the child. Divide the children.
The plea for funds is on the crowdfunding site to help with attorney fees.

View attachment 281560
Driving time: 1 hour 9 minutes
Kids dropped off somewhere along this path?
Where are the shopping outlets in Bakersfield?

Google Maps
If the boys are found deceased, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhere along this area. The 58 connects California City to Bakersfield. Although you can sit in traffic at certain times of the day, it’s a pretty empty drive most of the time. The only really populated areas between the two cities along this route are in Mojave, Tehachipi and Keene, and I use “populated” loosely. I used to drive that route bimonthly for years and often took detours to explore. There are so many turns off the highway that lead to vast nothingness. Seriously. Many areas off the 58 are virtual ghost towns. There’s also a hiking trail (I believe) off Cameron Rd., right past Mohave.

If the boys are found deceased, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhere along this area. The 58 connects California City to Bakersfield. Although you can sit in traffic at certain times of the day, it’s a pretty empty drive most of the time. The only really populated areas between the two cities along this route are in Mojave, Tehachipi and Keene, and I use “populated” loosely. I used to drive that route bimonthly for years and often took detours to explore. There are so many turns off the highway that lead to vast nothingness. Seriously. Many areas off the 58 are virtual ghost towns. There’s also a hiking trail (I believe) off Cameron Rd., right past Mohave.
Wonderful. It’s so important to get the local vibe and familiarity with the land. Thanks for sounding in. Seriously. You can really help fill in the geo aspect of hiding a crime. Any recycling, landfill or waste systems between or around the cities?

Google Ryan Dean and go fund me.

idk. something funky is going on. every time I go to the page, the you tube attachment goes to a different vid. very strange.

Got it.

I'm very sorry for the pain this woman feels but I don't agree with her attempt to collect funds for what seems too little too late effort:

I believe the only way a birth parent could reclaim custody of an adopted child is by proving to a court that the decision to sign the relinquishment document was done under fraud or duress. In most cases, a court will automatically deny custody to a birth parent when their parental rights have been terminated. I believe this was the case with RD. From the news report, the bio-fathers of the boys would not comment and requested privacy. I do not suspect the adoption was anything but legal after the children were already in CPS custody.

MOO

Since the chief noted in the long Bayan interview that the last sightings by non parents were by grandma and another source and both were in Bakersfield, I decided to do a little sleuthing there.

There was a crime involving a white van a few months ago. The location will be familiar to those following YTers but white vans are a dime a dozen. I can’t tell from this tv image if it’s as big as the West’s.

But seeing this and another nearby shooting and gang arrest in the spring, it did get me pondering another potential theory. Could the babies have been shot in gang violence and the whole family was threatened/scared into silence?
Seems unlikely, but just tossing it out there. Potomac Avenue shooting wounds one person | KGET 17
Wow. That's shady as heck. Either way. MOO

Got it.

I'm very sorry for the pain this woman feels but I don't agree with her attempt to collect funds for what seems too little too late effort:

I believe the only way a birth parent could reclaim custody of an adopted child is by proving to a court that the decision to sign the relinquishment document was done under fraud or duress. In most cases, a court will automatically deny custody to a birth parent when their parental rights have been terminated. I believe this was the case with RD. From the news report, the bio-fathers of the boys would not comment and requested privacy. I do not suspect the adoption was anything but legal after the children were already in CPS custody.

MOO
CPS has such a stellar record. Cough Gabriel Fernandez cough. MOO

"I talked to her this morning and I really wanted to tell her that I am completely sorry, because we were entrusted with her children, and they came to us and they became our children," West, said.
Search continues for missing boys in California City

older article: I believe this is a true statement. Sincere. I’ve also been wanting to say since the beginning that he has intelligence. I still don’t know why I think this but I do. If this is a cover up of some sort - I think he’s the brains and she’s the brawn. He will break first. imo (if either do)

CPS has such a stellar record. Cough Gabriel Fernandez cough. MOO
AJ Freund, but we could go on forever.

I'm not assigning blame to CPS in this case however, not yet anyway. RD has made various statements in MSM regarding how she didn't even know the boys were adopted, etc., however I'm not sure much of what she said is factual. Over a year later there were no attempts on her part to take legal action, until the boys came up missing. I'm trying to have compassion for her, but keeping it real at the same time.

Hi MsBetsy. Thanks for the shoutout. I’ve been lurking, but you’ve all summed up my thoughts perfectly without me needing to post.

I’m certainly not a DNA expert but I can share some basic knowledge. All IMO of course ;)
They can get DNA samples from the mentioned to see who it belongs to. They can test it against bio mom for a familial match or maybe that blood bank thing (yikes! Never heard of that). DNA can become degraded, making it harder to get results. That happens over time, with exposure to elements, handling, etc. Especially if it was on fabrics which were repeatedly washed in hot temps with detergent. I’m not comfortable saying it’s impossible, but to my knowledge and IMOO there’s no way to actually “date” it. The best they could do is say it’s been there for a while due to degradation, but again other factors mentioned can determine how well preserved or degraded it gets.

ETA even with mixed DNA samples (likely in a home with that many small children) you can separate the profiles to tell who all had DNA found.

Thank you for your insight!

I guess in the future, we’ll see a lot of interviews like this where the interviewees will be wearing masks. I wonder if we’d have different thoughts on the interview if they weren’t wearing those. I wish I could have seen their facial expressions, their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie