Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Joe Ryan and Alex, others weren't perceived as a threat, although MG must have been put on the naughty list too after going to police. I agree with you in general. In spite of existing motives, it doesn't automatically follow that those two were murdered. IIRC the infamous zombie letter mentioned that Alex also became a zombie, though there's no sign that he betrayed Lori and Chad (apart from telling MG that Lori's children would never be found). With the police after them, he became a liability. It looked as if Lori didn't need her "protector" any more. I'm not aware if Joe was in contact with Lori or Tylee when he died or causing them problems. Possible motive there would be financial (inheritance). I'm still not convinced that Joe's and Alex's deaths were murders.

ETA: Lori had quite a drama filled relationship with her second husband, so there was a potential for motive there as well. She might have been thinking of it, but there were no zombies to excuse murder back then and likely no money to gain.
I can't speak to the mindset of murderers, but in some cases that I've followed, they get tired of divorces- or there's a financial gain like life insurance.

I wonder what was taken into account when closing the case of Joe Ryan's death. Did the investigators check Lori and Alex's whereabouts around that time? I doubt they had much luck finding that information.

Then there's entering and leaving through the balcony. Joe probably wouldn't willingly let Lori or Alex in through the front door, which was found locked from the inside. First, one would need a ladder to access the balcony. Second, only a window by the balcony was left open. That's how the maintenance worker got into the apartment upon Joe's neighbor's alert.

If Joe was attacked in his apartment, wouldn't there be visible signs of a fight? The commotion itself could alert the neighbors. How could the perp(s) mask his death as a heart attack (e.g. caused by a stun gun) with no other injuries? It's not like they could sedate him first.

Last edited:
Apart from Joe Ryan and Alex, others weren't perceived as a threat, although MG must have been put on the naughty list too after going to police. I agree with you in general. In spite of existing motives, it doesn't automatically follow that those two were murdered. IIRC the infamous zombie letter mentioned that Alex also became a zombie, though there's no sign that he betrayed Lori and Chad (apart from telling MG that Lori's children would never be found). With the police after them, he became a liability. It looked as if Lori didn't need her "protector" any more. I'm not aware if Joe was in contact with Lori or Tylee when he died or causing them problems. Possible motive there would be financial (inheritance). I'm still not convinced that Joe's and Alex's deaths were murders.

ETA: Lori had quite a drama filled relationship with her second husband, so there was a potential for motive there as well. She might have been thinking of it, but there were no zombies to excuse murder back then and likely no money to gain.
Maybe now that she had her soulmate Chad, she didn't need Alex to do the dirty work any more. Maybe Chad was more than willing to do it. And so instead of being her special person, Alex was now just a liability. MOO

I wonder what was taken into account when closing the case of Joe Ryan's death. Did the investigators check Lori and Alex's whereabouts around that time? I doubt they had much luck finding that information.

Then there's entering and leaving through the balcony. Joe probably wouldn't willingly let Lori or Alex in through the front door, which was found locked from the inside. First, one would need a ladder to access the balcony. Second, only a window by the balcony was left open. That's how the maintenance worker got into the apartment upon Joe's neighbor's alert.

If Joe was attacked in his apartment, wouldn't there be visible signs of a fight? The commotion itself could alert the neighbors. How could the perp(s) mask his death as a heart attack (e.g. caused by a stun gun) with no other injuries? It's not like they could sedate him first.
Needle injection of something like potassium to stop the heart. All they had to do would be to physically overpower him.

They are suspected of murdering the two spouses they each had at the time they wanted to marry each other. Chad Daybell had no previous spouses. Lori Vallow had three previous spouses, two of whom are apparently alive. Since they were supposedly killing everyone, how did they come to miss those two? Why didn't they also kill Chad's children, while they were about it? And MG? and IP? And Zulema? And MH's husband? It seems to me too much of a coincidence that all those people are still alive.
Maybe those people were next on their hit list when they got caught.

They are suspected of murdering the two spouses they each had at the time they wanted to marry each other. Chad Daybell had no previous spouses. Lori Vallow had three previous spouses, two of whom are apparently alive. Since they were supposedly killing everyone, how did they come to miss those two? Why didn't they also kill Chad's children, while they were about it? And MG? and IP? And Zulema? And MH's husband? It seems to me too much of a coincidence that all those people are still alive.

Well...neither of LV's first 2 husbands had any sort of connection to her any more (or apparently CR) and had been completely out of her life for years, while JR and CV shared children with her, AND had interacted with her during the time after she became interested in her banana-crazy beliefs. Chad's kids: legal adults, possibly sympathetic to - or at least, not antagonistic to - his beliefs. Also, kind of hard to eliminate 5 siblings, some with spouses and kids, without someone noticing. MG, MP, IP, ZP, DW...all part of the group. BB: they tried and failed. MOO.

They didn't set out to kill everyone, IMO, just those who were in some way dependent on them.

Maybe now that she had her soulmate Chad, she didn't need Alex to do the dirty work any more. Maybe Chad was more than willing to do it. And so instead of being her special person, Alex was now just a liability. MOO
Lori is, above all, all about Lori. Alex was her henchman, brother, confidant and friend — she probably liked having him around. But once LE started sniffing around asking where the kids were Lori knew she was in trouble. Dead Alex? Problem solved. Lori and Chad knew if they blamed everything on Alex it would muddy the waters, dilute charges, give a jury reasonable doubt and in their minds get off Scot free.

As soon as it was better for Lori that Alex died, die he did. That’s an awfully big coincidence. Too big IMO when combined with two murdered kids, two dead husbands and a dead wife.

Science is fabulous, and forensic scientists find remarkable ways to use it to solve crimes. But it’s easier for me to imagine there’s an as of yet undetectable substance out there that can kill someone than all those people dying at such convenient times of natural causes. How do Lori/Chad know about it if scientists don’t? Heck if I know but if any civilian could find a way, it would be them.

MOO

Lori is, above all, all about Lori. Alex was her henchman, brother, confidant and friend — she probably liked having him around. But once LE started sniffing around asking where the kids were Lori knew she was in trouble. Dead Alex? Problem solved. Lori and Chad knew if they blamed everything on Alex it would muddy the waters, dilute charges, give a jury reasonable doubt and in their minds get off Scot free.

As soon as it was better for Lori that Alex died, die he did. That’s an awfully big coincidence. Too big IMO when combined with two murdered kids, two dead husbands and a dead wife.

Science is fabulous, and forensic scientists find remarkable ways to use it to solve crimes. But it’s easier for me to imagine there’s an as of yet undetectable substance out there that can kill someone than all those people dying at such convenient times of natural causes. How do Lori/Chad know about it if scientists don’t? Heck if I know but if any civilian could find a way, it would be them.

MOO
I agree with you 1000%

Oh gosh there hasn’t been a ton happening. Covid has really put a damper on how often MM was/has been visiting. We see him occasionally but definitely not everyday.

That being said, Rexburg feels like it’s getting back to the hustle and bustle as our case numbers have dropped significantly. Still whispers of things involving the case but not nearly as much as before. Though I suspect when more charges come or when autopsy results come in this will blow back up again.

All jmo moo

oh I am so sure it will! This one case might be out of sight, but NEVER out of mind!!

Just saying hello anyway.... I really did love your on-the-ground reporting to all of us!

Last edited:
I

I thought it was Chad who said something (first) about green foam, getting out of bed in the middle of the night and being sick, etc. Later, he spoke of her being peacefully asleep and his not realizing at first that she was dead.

Pink foam, not green. I remember this because someone here in the medical field said foaming pink from the mouth signifies an issue with the... lungs? Maybe you're thinking green on account of our (as yet unproven) malachite speculation.

Pink foam, not green. I remember this because someone here in the medical field said foaming pink from the mouth signifies an issue with the... lungs? Maybe you're thinking green on account of our (as yet unproven) malachite speculation.
Is pink foam ever associated with a heart attack? There's a chance that Tammy's daughter never saw any foam, considering that she likely saw her mother hours after death.

It is probably impossible to have the means or opportunity to murder them all. Chad's children were adults and not likely to cramp their style but Tylee and Joshua could and they had money coming in.

What is Lori's lawyer afraid of with his ongoing complaints about the possibility of attorney-client privacy violations in jail? Scott Reisch explained that even if any of the accidentally recorded jail conversations between Lori and MM got out, they would be inadmissible in court. Does MM fear that leaked information could be used to acquire other evidence that would be admissible? For example, she could tell him where a murder weapon is hidden and it could be retrieved. Or if she told him that there were other witnesses that could incriminate her but have not been interviewed yet. I presume that Wood only receives from jail what is legally available to him (e.g. recordings of Lori's conversations with everyone else) and not for example jail surveillance video of Lori meeting with her attorney. IMO MM's behavior shows distrust in the system that he is a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail