CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

At the 03:00 minute mark he is saying maybe they should wait to report her missing. He wanted to wait until after 3:30 a.m., but Maya's family was right on it a lot sooner. They found out they had to check hospitals first, they did, and then by 2:30 (was that p.m. or a.m.???) they were able to file the missing person's report. He even says something about them asking neighbors for camera footage right away! It's almost as though the family knew more.

I guess he was dreading the LE process which is understandable, especially for a private person.

Is it possible he actually did expect her to come home sometime after 2:30 a.m.? The difference between him and Maya's family in their frantic alarm and his casualness is puzzling and of interest. They came to that house seeming to know something serious had occurred, and he's still not realizing she's missing until they get there Saturday morning. Then, he wants to stall reporting her missing. He throws in her needing her space to the point it becomes his excuse for not even noticing her gone for an entire day and night. Whereas, Maya's family is pulling all the alarms. It's such a blaring difference. :( Without Maya's family, I'm not sure if Maya would've been reported missing by her husband of 21 yrs. at all or for a long time. o_O He explains they were that estranged.
IIRC, the husband said his wife would sometimes stay out until 3:30am. Perhaps that is why he suggested they wait until a bit later.

*I have a new speculation for consideration*

Chula Vista is only 1 hour from Tijuana, and they've still been partying hard despite the pandemic. Only since Jan 7 (coincidentally the day Maya went missing), have authorities started to limit various activities to curb COVID.
*If* the characterization of Maya being a big party girl is accurate, I think her going to party in Tijuana is a good possibility. She wouldn't need a passport to get in to Mexico, but she'd need one to get back in to the U.S.

*Does she have a passport and is it missing?*" Border Patrol records should be checked to see if Maya was a frequent flyer to TJ. If this wild card theory is accurate and she met with misadventure in Tijuana, the chances of ever recovering her is not impossible, but certainly not good. Trafficking women in brothels in TJ is a real thing, and most don't escape. They are usually looking for women half her age, but she looks very young.

Tijuana’s ‘restaurant-bars’ ordered to shut down as pandemic drags on | FOX 5 San Diego

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

At the 03:00 minute mark he is saying maybe they should wait to report her missing. He wanted to wait until after 3:30 a.m., but Maya's family was right on it a lot sooner. They found out they had to check hospitals first, they did, and then by 2:30 (was that p.m. or a.m.???) they were able to file the missing person's report. He even says something about them asking neighbors for camera footage right away! It's almost as though the family knew more.

I guess he was dreading the LE process which is understandable, especially for a private person.

Is it possible he actually did expect her to come home sometime after 2:30 a.m.? The difference between him and Maya's family in their frantic alarm and his casualness is puzzling and of interest. They came to that house seeming to know something serious had occurred, and he's still not realizing she's missing until they get there Saturday morning. Then, he wants to stall reporting her missing. He throws in her needing her space to the point it becomes his excuse for not even noticing her gone for an entire day and night. Whereas, Maya's family is pulling all the alarms. It's such a blaring difference. :( Without Maya's family, I'm not sure if Maya would've been reported missing by her husband of 21 yrs. at all or for a long time. o_O He explains they were that estranged.
Wait till after 3:30am?
What's the point?

Wait till after 3:30am?
What's the point?
I know, but maybe he didn't feel ready to face it or LE yet. I'm guessing, as in this is MOO, it was dread of LE asking questions he can't answer for whatever reason. Eyes on him looking for signs to determine if he's telling the truth. He seemed to feel so numb about Maya being gone, and then calling LE to report her missing made it all real. The start of an investigation!

Oh, and having to spill the embarrassing story. MOO, although anyone looking at her fb would know they must be having marriage problems and he didn't exist in her world anymore. Just my own opinion here. Sometimes, I wonder if he did something that changed everything in their marriage, or her. Their youngest is only four years old.

MOO, I think even room mates run into each other more often than they did. It seems impossible to co-parent effectively that way when parents need to communicate a lot with children in the house, knowing how kids can use that kind of situation to get away with things.

All just MOO.

How do we know this? I haven't read anything yet about their ages.
But then again I prolly missed it.

It's on the first page of this thread. I've been following this case closely, rather obsessively. It's was all over the San Diego news here, plus my son and his family live in Chula Vista.

Family searching for missing Chula Vista mother (10news.com)
Posted at 6:34 PM, Jan 11, 2021 and last updated 11:21 PM, Jan 11, 2021

(Brother in law) "Drouaillet said Millete would never leave her three young children — ages 4, 9, and 11 — and she would never miss her eldest daughter's birthday which was on Sunday."

"She just turned 11 and for her miss that, it's not possible. We just pray to God that she comes home safe and contacts one of us," Drouaillet said.

Chula Vista is only 1 hour from Tijuana, and they've still been partying hard despite the pandemic...
upload_2021-1-29_19-6-57.png

With all due respect, I must give my own thoughts on this. As I stated, I'm local to the area, so I know something about going to Tijuana. It's growing, has great shopping and food places now, dental work is cheaper there, but ...

That is highly unlikely, IMO. First off, I don't think she was a big party girl. She liked wine tasting which is different than bar hopping in Tijuana.

upload_2021-1-29_19-8-51.png

Walking across they'd see her on camera. Being a local to the San Diego area, I'd say driving across the borders have been reported very backed up during this pandemic. Also the news has been saying there's been a high incidence of Covid amongst Latinos. Why go there to drink? It's a hassle to party in TJ, and by the time you reach Maya's age you usually avoid it for wild partying. Not saying it isn't a growing city, fun place to go to shop and great foods, but I can't see Maya going across the border without even her own car. How'd she get to the border?

Again, all my own opinion.

But...is there any neighborhood video showing that Maya even left the house, on her own or picked up, after the Thursday? Waiting for that info....

(reminds me of Melissa Caddick, no surveillance whatsoever of leaving the house)

eta, also want to know if the beach is really where LM went with the 4 year old on the Friday.....without his phone.

But...is there any neighborhood video showing that Maya even left the house, on her own or picked up, after the Thursday? Waiting for that info....

(reminds me of Melissa Caddick, no surveillance whatsoever of leaving the house)

eta, also want to know if the beach is really where LM went with the 4 year old on the Friday.....without his phone.
Yes to this whole post!!
I'm so off the fence.
I had a feeling she was never seen leaving on camera, hence the warrant.
NOT taking his phone and leaving the house for hours on Friday is such a damn huge flag for me!
I bet cadaver dogs went into the car under that warrant.
I shall sit on my hands.
all moo!

Last edited:
Yes to this whole post!!
I'm so off the fence.
I had a feeling she was never seen leaving on camera, hence the warrant.
NOT taking the phone is such a damn huge flag for me!
I bet dogs went into his car under that warrant.
I shall sit on my hands.
all moo!
I agree that MM not taking her phone is a red flag. Unless, of course, she didn’t want to be tracked.

However, nothing that I have read thus far suggests she would walk away from her kids. ; quite the opposite.

I agree that MM not taking her phone is a red flag. Unless, of course, she didn’t want to be tracked.

However, nothing that I have read thus far suggests she would walk away from her kids. ; quite the opposite.

sorry roses, I just went back and edited my post, I had dropped a pronoun which was confusing :)

Did I hear him right? He left his phone home on Sunday when he took off. He says he took his son to the beach, but wasnt this his daughters birthday??

Why only take his son and no phone??
Please can someone provide a link where it says he took his son to the beach on Sunday without bringing his phone? I know he took the son out on Friday, but never heard about Sunday. I must have missed that entirely, and it is very strange if he did that indeed. That was the daughter's birthday, wasn't it? Link please if you can find it.

I know, but maybe he didn't feel ready to face it or LE yet. I'm guessing, as in this is MOO, it was dread of LE asking questions he can't answer for whatever reason. Eyes on him looking for signs to determine if he's telling the truth. He seemed to feel so numb about Maya being gone, and then calling LE to report her missing made it all real. The start of an investigation!

Oh, and having to spill the embarrassing story. MOO, although anyone looking at her fb would know they must be having marriage problems and he didn't exist in her world anymore. Just my own opinion here. Sometimes, I wonder if he did something that changed everything in their marriage, or her. Their youngest is only four years old.

MOO, I think even room mates run into each other more often than they did. It seems impossible to co-parent effectively that way when parents need to communicate a lot with children in the house, knowing how kids can use that kind of situation to get away with things.

All just MOO.
Great comment...

This article says Maya's phone has not been located. I thought it was left at home.

Her car has remained at the home’s driveway and her phone has been turned off and has not been located. She appeared to have taken her ID and credit card as well, but no transactions have been recorded.

‘She wouldn’t leave her kids’: Search continues for Fil-Am mom of 3 missing in Chula Vista, CA —
141698410_110313861026540_2608085367312290649_n.jpg

The flyer on her missing page says her phone has been turned off for days. I've not ever heard her phone was left in the home.

IIRC, the husband said his wife would sometimes stay out until 3:30am. Perhaps that is why he suggested they wait until a bit later.

Chula Vista is only 1 hour from Tijuana, and they've still been partying hard despite the pandemic. Only since Jan 7 (coincidentally the day Maya went missing), have authorities started to limit various activities to curb COVID.
*If* the characterization of Maya being a big party girl is accurate, I think her going to party in Tijuana is a good possibility. She wouldn't need a passport to get in to Mexico, but she'd need one to get back in to the U.S.

*Does she have a passport and is it missing?*" Border Patrol records should be checked to see if Maya was a frequent flyer to TJ. If this wild card theory is accurate and she met with misadventure in Tijuana, the chances of ever recovering her is not impossible, but certainly not good. Trafficking women in brothels in TJ is a real thing, and most don't escape. They are usually looking for women half her age, but she looks very young.

Tijuana’s ‘restaurant-bars’ ordered to shut down as pandemic drags on | FOX 5 San Diego

The Mexican border is still closed though, right?

Please can someone provide a link where it says he took his son to the beach on Sunday without bringing his phone? I know he took the son out on Friday, but never heard about Sunday. I must have missed that entirely, and it is very strange if he did that indeed. That was the daughter's birthday, wasn't it? Link please if you can find it.

I have re-listened to all the interviews and news casts till they coming out my ears. I need a break. Maybe @whitelilac remembers where it is from.

I have to listen to his interview again, but I saw it mentioned on page 24, post 480.

eta: I just listened to the interview but only heard he went out on Friday with the son, and no mention of the beach, nor of his phone. So I don't even know where the beach came from, let alone that he went on the Sunday. Was there another interview? Maybe it was in an article?

Last edited:
I have to listen to his interview again, but I saw it mentioned on page 24, post 480... eta: I just listened to the interview but only heard he went out on Friday with the son, and no mention of the beach, nor of his phone. So I don't even know where the beach came from, let alone that he went on the Sunday. Was there another interview? Maybe it was in an article?
Thank You. I really appreciate you looking too. That's what I thought. The Sunday report was probably a mistaken post. He went out Friday with his son, leaving the daughters to be home schooled by a Maya that, as far as we know, was not there. I don't think we know where he went that Friday. That is important. (Note-- unless someone can come up with a link, I say the husband going to the beach on Sunday didn't happen.)

Where did he go on Friday with his son? There's only so much time between Thursday night and Saturday morning when Maya's family showed up at his door. He doesn't supply how long he was gone on Friday. He suggests so vaguely that he saw Maya when he left the girls with her to be home schooled, but he didn't really see her. It wasn't her making noise in the kitchen Friday night. I would believe more readily that Maya went for a walk to blow off steam or some other possibility, but just those little inconsistencies of his has me stuck. Family must think she's close to home.

ATTN: Maya's sister is on my tv right now announcing they're not giving up on finding Maya. They're having another search tomorrow, Saturday 1/30 at Mt. Miguel Park in the morning. Sorry can't find the news article yet, but it was abc News10.
South Bay News (10news.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member