Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did this “part swap” discussion originate? Why is it assumed that a cheaper bike was bought for parts swap and not for an “extra” bike? Do we know for certain that Suzanne’s expensive bike was back at the home from the repair shop? I feel like I missed some important fact that makes this make sense. I totally get that if the second bike was in the ravine that is important but to make it important Suzanne’s expensive bike would have to be in the garage and perhaps rideable and back from the repair shop. If it wasn’t rideable or not back from the repair shop then she still could have riden the backup cheaper bike.

BM being a true crime fan really makes the whole ‘no gps data for the disposal of the body’ thing make a lot more sense.

It also adds a little sense to the fact that a body hasn't been found yet.

Would it make sense to look back through TC episodes or podcast's and research some of the stories that have similarities? Or some TC episodes that had some of the tougher crimes where a body hasn't been found or one of the most toughest ones to find a body? If he is a fan, I would think that he would have gotten some ideas or thoughts from TrueCrime.

Assuming the information about SM bike is correct, riding bike vs. parts bike.
If the parts bike was the one recovered, perhaps the bad guy didn't know what bike she normally rides. To me, that points away from BM. IMO

Where did this “part swap” discussion originate? Why is it assumed that a cheaper bike was bought for parts swap and not for an “extra” bike? Do we know for certain that Suzanne’s expensive bike was back at the home from the repair shop? I feel like I missed some important fact that makes this make sense. I totally get that if the second bike was in the ravine that is important but to make it important Suzanne’s expensive bike would have to be in the garage and perhaps rideable and back from the repair shop. If it wasn’t rideable or not back from the repair shop then she still could have riden the backup cheaper bike.

That is a great point. I believe the origins of it being a ‘parts bike’ come from CM and a tweet he made last fall. CM posted a pic of a bike, and had some line about the bike being ‘for parts.’

CM and PE teased that in their discussions but never gave any details. Perhaps they found out whom BM bought the bike from and that person said that BM told them he was buying the bike for parts. Perhaps to distract from the real reason it was purchased.

Assuming the information about SM bike is correct, riding bike vs. parts bike.
If the parts bike was the one recovered, perhaps the bad guy didn't know what bike she normally rides. To me, that points away from BM. IMO

But why own a ‘parts bike’ if you don’t have the skill set or ability to repair a bike yourself, which is evident by SM having the long term relationship with the repair guy (Scott?)

But why own a ‘parts bike’ if you don’t have the skill set or ability to repair a bike yourself, which is evident by SM having the long term relationship with the repair guy (Scott?)

Zero clue. But, I also don't take this information by CM and guests as fact either. I honestly don't think he/they on the show know the true history of SM's bike(s) and are assuming.

What I don't believe is a second bike was obtained by BM to stage a scene and just left in the garage until showtime. IMO

I don't feel strongly about BM's innocence or guilt. I just can't take every bit of information released by LE (which has been hardly anything), speculation on-line, information released by shows, media, and make it fit to BM's potential guilt. Some of it, I feel can be explained away or just doesn't make sense to me. Some of it does not look good for BM. Not sure if I would be a good juror or not.

As far as BM being an alleged true crime fan. Well, most of us better hope we're never questioned by police for anything. LOL

IMO

Zero clue. But, I also don't take this information by CM and guests as fact either. I honestly don't think he/they on the show know the true history of SM's bike(s) and are assuming.

What I don't believe is a second bike was obtained by BM to stage a scene and just left in the garage until showtime. IMO

yeah, and you’d also have the odd scenario of LE finding the other bike down in that ravine and presumably the only person that would be able to identify it as belonging to the Morphews would be BM, as anyone else that knew SM and her bike would say that isn’t her bike that they found.

And somehow GD shows up first and not only knows the bike belongs to the morphews, he immediately begins accusing LE of mishandling evidence.

So odd.

[QUOTE="Momofthreeboys, post: 16601490, member: 257918"]He may have thought there was no need to do anything to the base for the block wall. Just restack. Hard to know. The later images from media showed the new contractor pulled the dirt away from the base of the wall but it is just guessing why that was done and if it was just to check the base to ascertain the amount of work. My guess is Barry’s excavator did not go to Broomfield and he thought all they had to do was tear the stones out and restack. But I am just guessing like everyone.[/QUOTE]

BBM

That wall was in terrible shape. It should have been taken down to the base or footing for inspection. This looked like a functioning retaining wall, which probably should have been inspected during the build. I’m assuming that an inspector would have to perform inspections if a permit was needed.

One thing that has stayed at the back of my mind. Perhaps things are handled differently in THIS small town.

There was no precautionary warning of a roque mountain lion with a proclivity of knocking people off of their bicycles and dragging them away. Seems like LE would have put out a notice warning people of the mountain lion, if they thought this was caused by a mountain lion.

There was no precautionary warning of the possibility of someone random on the loose kidnapping cyclists. Seems like LE would have put out a notice warning people, if they thought this was caused by a random someone.

Wonder why none of these things happened? I think I read a year or so ago, that no warning was sent out by LE after the Delphi murders. Maybe it’s just just local LE not wanting to cause panic, but my local LE will put out alerts if there is an up-tic in any type of random crime.

IMO
MOO

yeah, and you’d also have the odd scenario of LE finding the other bike down in that ravine and presumably the only person that would be able to identify it as belonging to the Morphews would be BM, as anyone else that knew SM and her bike would say that isn’t her bike that they found.

And somehow GD shows up first and not only knows the bike belongs to the morphews, he immediately begins accusing LE of mishandling evidence.

So odd.
Something is smelly about that imo, very strong smell

So odd.

I didn't hear it that way from LS video - is anyone curious about George?

I don't know that GD knew immediately the bike belonged to SM from this video. It's possible when he was talking to LS recently, he gave her that information with the knowledge of what he knows today about the case.

We never hear GD actually talking to LS, but according to LS, GD stated another firefighter buddy called him and said a missing bike was discovered near where SM & BM lived. He then listened back to the radio call and got his truck and headed there, has a phone call with BM...

IMO

Starts around 2:20 in the video.

So odd.
Yes and it rarely ever gets mentioned that George could very well have called Barry when he heard the radio call and could have been in communication with Barry during the 3 hour drive back home. Not only would Barry have driven right into the scene where the bike was on his way to his drive, George could very well have been keeping him posted. I don’t find it the least bit odd Barry went to the bike scene first. Totally makes sense.

So odd.
Agreed.
Very odd and suspicious.
Still on the fence vs premeditation and a sudden snapping of temper.
But since BM was a TC fan he'd possibly have thought much of this through beforehand.
Imo.

I don't know that GD knew immediately the bike belonged to SM from this video. It's possible when he was talking to LS recently, he gave her that information with the knowledge of what he knows today about the case.

We never hear GD actually talking to LS, but according to LS, GD stated another firefighter buddy called him and said a missing bike was discovered near where SM & BM lived. He then listened back to the radio call and got his truck and headed there, has a phone call with BM...

IMO
bbm
Snipped for focus.
I didn't know that GD knew whose bike it was immediately, either !
Wondering what else GD 'knows' ?
There's something rotten in the state of CO.
Imo.

Agreed.
Very odd and suspicious.
Still on the fence vs premeditation and a sudden snapping of temper.
But since BM was a TC fan he'd possibly have thought much of this through beforehand.
Imo.

I've always wondered if it couldn't have been a combination of both. First, he's 1) a true crime buff and thus is familiar with many similar cases to his, and 2) he may have expected SM to die of her second bout of cancer, solving his problem naturally. When she survived cancer, this put him in a real state. He saw that he wouldn't be freed of her, which irritated/enraged him. In that state, his temper snapped and . . .

So you can see that he may have been anticipating her death and was disappointed. And one day, he was enraged. He was able to use his knowledge to hide her very well, but fumbled the alibi because of the sudden rage. A combination. Just MOO.

If Suzanne's own bike was still in the garage, the neighbor would have seen it. Unless someone asked her to look for a certain, different bike....

Maybe Suzanne's bike was still in the shop....

I wonder if important parts had been removed from the cheaper bike in anticipation of repairing the other.

My guess, we haven't heard the last of the bike.

I'm okay not knowing right now because I'm confident LE knows A LOT. Starting with that first discovery.

JMO

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and let you know I'll have to finish summarizing the rest of The Interview Room tomorrow morning. That'll be late night for most of you. I got too tired to sit and type any more. I do think most of the important stuff that was covered in the video was in my previous posts, but maybe there will be more in the LS video. (It's along the same lines, though).

I love that it's been a conversation starter. It's always interesting bouncing ideas around about this case with you all. :) I feel like we are all so invested. I sincerely hope we see some movement soon. I'm worn out. Lol.

I will just say, Greg Cooper just said that there were 2 bikes in the garage that day. An expensive bike, and a cheaper bike that had been bought for parts. Suzanne went off on the cheaper bike! Why? (The whole time he was speaking, Chris had a huge grin on his face like "Oopsie," you aren't supposed to be airing out that info." You can see it all over his face. Lol. That must be what all the cryptic bike pics were about on Chris' Twitter). So, that's very interesting!

You are very welcome, @Ontario Mom! This one is so long and detailed, but I'll get to writing as soon as the (later) morning rolls in. :)

I do remember Chris mentioning the additional bike way back when, he may have said something about a pink bike. We twisted back and forth, wondering about whether BM bought Suzanne a new bike, or he bought a bike for someone else, whether there was a fight about the bike he bought, went down the rabbithole with the bike repair guy and Suzanne. Little pieces of stuff are all we’ve got.

IMO

Starts around 2:20 in the video.

Wonder if it was the fire chief who spoke to GD, the one who said SM was 'too friendly' or something along those lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle