Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the way he said it I pictured him throwing logs over the fence.
Yes, well, his odd narrative with it's staccato cadence, doesn't sound believable, given the information that has emerged. As a matter of fact, it seems scripted, rehearsed, and an a pathetic attempt at an explanation. Feeble. Very feeble.

Amateur opinion and speculation

That looks like the same piece of equipment used to find Christie Wilson!! Ground Penetrating Radar? Was that from today and are they doing the entire yard now?
Sorry I was out all day and just catching up.
I missed the evening report. By the time I came around, I think they were done and didn’t find anything. I’m gonna go catch up too with the details.

Guess what I discovered? Burying bodies in the backyard is a pretty common method of disposal. Covering with plastic and encasing in concrete. There are more than a few that have been within the last six months or so.
**Edited to correct autocorrect

Last edited:
That looks like the same piece of equipment used to find Christie Wilson!! Ground Penetrating Radar? Was that from today and are they doing the entire yard now?
Sorry I was out all day and just catching up.
Yes. Keep reading. ;) @Seattle1 posted a tweet with still photos; they didn't recover anything significant. MOO

Yes. Keep reading. ;) @Seattle1 posted a tweet with still photos; they didn't recover anything significant. MOO
Thanks! LE sure doesn't want to give up searching that home do they?

Bayan Wang 23ABC
UPDATE: Nothing of significance found, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker.
---------------------
JUST IN: According to CCPD, authorities used imaging devices Monday to take photos several feet into the ground, in the backyard of the California City home where 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing by their adoptive parents back on December 21.
PC: Jamie White

IMO the backyard just has to be of some significance. Why would someone place themselves there. Having solar panels and central air, I’m just not following the need to burn wet brush and branches in your fireplace because it was cold out. I could see as a novelty as it’s Christmas but the fireplace did not appear to be main source of heat as I did not see any firewood stored on their property for winter use in photos. No ones heating their home with twigs and branches.

We also only saw the neighbours camera during the time after the children were stated to be missing, not the hour before as others have mentioned. This would surely corroborate the above story but at least LE has this and we can read between the lines. MOO

Wow. What on earth do they have leading them to that backyard? I wonder if they were specifically searching for evidence, bodies, or both. That is not normal, precautionary behavior. Not saying it’s unjustified/unnecessary, just that there must be SOMETHING pointing them there repeatedly. IMO

Thanks! LE sure doesn't want to give up searching that home do they?

Bayan Wang 23ABC
UPDATE: Nothing of significance found, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker.
---------------------
JUST IN: According to CCPD, authorities used imaging devices Monday to take photos several feet into the ground, in the backyard of the California City home where 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing by their adoptive parents back on December 21.
PC: Jamie White

I’m not an expert, but does anyone else get the sense that these efforts are... weak? They’re using ground penetrating imagery but the area/house isn’t even roped off. Apparently only one supervisory cop. I really hope I’m wrong but this really has a “grasping at straws” vibe IMO :(

I’m not an expert, but does anyone else get the sense that these efforts are... weak? They’re using ground penetrating imagery but the area/house isn’t even roped off. Apparently only one supervisory cop. I really hope I’m wrong but this really has a “grasping at straws” vibe IMO :(
I think LE has been pretty thorough. They dug up practically the whole yard, sifted through dirt and apparently collected samples for testing. They used cadaver dogs, took measurements with drones, cut up a slab of cement, and I don't remember what else. The latest use of GPR seemed to me to be a final attempt to make sure the boys are not there. Imo

I think LE has been pretty thorough. They dug up practically the whole yard, sifted through dirt and apparently collected samples for testing. They used cadaver dogs, took measurements with drones, cut up a slab of cement, and I don't remember what else. The latest use of GPR seemed to me to be a final attempt to make sure the boys are not there. Imo

As far as I remember, LE dug up the backyard right? From these pics, it looks like they’re imaging the yard to the SIDE of the house, not the backyard. Maybe I missed it but I don’t think they’ve done any digging in this section.

As far as I remember, LE dug up the backyard right? From these pics, it looks like they’re imaging the yard to the SIDE of the house, not the backyard. Maybe I missed it but I don’t think they’ve done any digging in this section.
Yes, they dug up the back yard. I don't think they did any digging in the front. It would have been pretty difficult to bury two bodies in plain site of the road and neighbors. It looks like they dug in any areas that looked disturbed, and also the area in front of the detached garage. Imo

FEB 1, 2021
Cal City missing boys' biological family responds to disappearance of her sons

I can't even count how many things are wrong in this video. Beginning with the headline! SMH :rolleyes:
The most perplexing thing to me was how they managed to get "new gravity" in back of the house.

I couldn't really follow what she was saying or how any of it has anything to do with the investigation. It sounds to me like the family may have been doing some yardwork or cleaning up. Maybe putting down some rocks or gravel.

ETA I just listened to her saying we need more than "federal" agents on the case, we need US Marshals. I wonder what she expects US Marshals to do. Is there something we don't know? Are there fugitives on the run?

Last edited:
The most perplexing thing to me was how they managed to get "new gravity" in back of the house.

I couldn't really follow what she was saying or how any of it has anything to do with the investigation. It sounds to me like the family may have been doing some yardwork or cleaning up. Maybe putting down some rocks or gravel.

ETA I just listened to her saying we need more than "federal" agents on the case, we need US Marshals. I wonder what she expects US Marshals to do. Is there something we don't know? Are there fugitives on the run?
Bwahahaha! I'm sorry but that was funny. (gravity) :p:oops: LOL

Yes, I think the residents have been criticized for the condition of their yard and this is the reaction they received when they tried to clean it up.

She said there were no police officers out there! OHHHHHHHHH MY! Wait...why would police officers be there? Is it their job to assist residents in hauling off trash?

She said the residents of the home were taking video and threatening them. Really? YOU are surveilling THEIR home and YOU'RE the one who feels threatened?

The residents called BPD. I see. And that suggests to you that they were doing something nefarious? :confused:

She said the BPD stated they are not on the case. Well, that's not what the Chief of Cal City PD said. BPD provided a CSI unit when the home was searched. It has been reported that evidence from that search would be examined by BPD. And BPD Chief Terry was interviewed by KGET and said they were assisting. I'm going to take the word of two police chiefs. Sorry not sorry.

She says she was told LE hasn't done a search there or at the previous residence (Casa Loma Apts). Perhaps she doesn't know that a search warrant is required and LE can't just go about searching every family member's home willy nilly. And, the Cal City Chief said the previous address was searched, IIRC.

She says the house where all this occurred is the adopted dad's house and then struggles to even remember/pronunciate his name. She then adds mom and stepdad. Does Trezell have a stepdad? (n/m - don't answer that - sleuthing family.)

She said they put some drywall into the back of a red pickup truck which drove away and came back about 30 minutes later. Oh, and they've been helping them for the last two days to get rid of stuff. Maybe the homeowner finally has some help on hand to clean up the yard. Isn't that a good thing? If I lived next door I would be greatly appreciative.

She went to Cal City to search. "We had people lookin' at us strange." "Cars lookin' at us." o_O No one asked if they wanted help and she wants to know why this is such a secret. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

She hasn't seen any police at the Casa Loma location therefore they were never there. Whatever. Maybe she should take a break from stalking and watch the news once in awhile.

They videotaped the police officers who responded to the call! :eek:

She wants to know why "they" (I never did figure out who "they is") can't get answers. Well I can understand that; we all want answers. However, it is not her job to investigate. Someone needs to explain to her, "you not da popo, k?"

I apologize for my sarcasm. I can't stand this kind of stuff. Let the authorities handle it for crying out loud! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave