Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 Aug 2019

2/3/2021
I'm happy to let you all know that the coroner finally released Jessica to us yesterday. Her "legal next of kin" has failed to make contact with them for the required amount of time for her remains to go to her family. She was brought home to Mississippi last night where she can at last be given the final dignity that everyone deserves upon their passing. We are so relieved but also buried in an avalanche of emotions that have been postponed by the anger it took to fight to get her back. Her family will be holding a memorial service for her as soon as it is possible to safely do so due to covid. As always, I will keep you all updated with their permission. Thank you for all of your support so far. We'll be shifting ALL of our focus now to pursuing justice.
I am so relieved for everyone who loves Jessica that she is back where she belongs and you can all say goodbye to her with the respect and dignity she deserves. I hope it brings you a small crumb of solace, and I hope that justice will be following swiftly behind.

2/3/2021
I'm happy to let you all know that the coroner finally released Jessica to us yesterday. Her "legal next of kin" has failed to make contact with them for the required amount of time for her remains to go to her family. She was brought home to Mississippi last night where she can at last be given the final dignity that everyone deserves upon their passing. We are so relieved but also buried in an avalanche of emotions that have been postponed by the anger it took to fight to get her back. Her family will be holding a memorial service for her as soon as it is possible to safely do so due to covid. As always, I will keep you all updated with their permission. Thank you for all of your support so far. We'll be shifting ALL of our focus now to pursuing justice.
I'm so glad she has been released to her family. RIP.

2/3/2021
I'm sorry for all you guys have endured, but happy to hear the fight for justice will continue. There is a Proverb that says "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous
but terror to evildoers".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-041403_Twitter-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210228-041403_Twitter-01.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 62
Wow - I just stumbled on this case. Seems like this could have been easily solvable if the police department did their job. I hope the family can get some resolution soon as to who did this to Jessica. Also, I live in New Orleans and I can not believe that I hadn't heard about this until today. I wish there was more media on this case.

@Justice4Jessica
Is there anyway a civil suit can be filed in the death of Jessica?
@Justice4Jessica, i'm just getting familiar with this case but wanted to let you know for what it's worth, that I believe you definitely should look into filing a civil suit in this case. I'm an attorney in New Orleans, although I don't necessarily practice this type of law, I would be happy to point you in some directions if you haven't already found assistance for a lawsuit. Keep up the fight for justice for Jessica

@Justice4Jessica
Is there anyway a civil suit can be filed in the death of Jessica?
I'm just getting familiar with this case, but I wanted to jump in and say that in my opinion, you should definitely look into filing a civil suit. I am an attorney in New Orleans, and although I don't necessarily practice this type of law, I would be happy to do anything I can to point you in the right directions, if you haven't already found the answers to this question yet. Keep up the good fight for Justice for Jessica

@Justice4Jessica, i'm just getting familiar with this case but wanted to let you know for what it's worth, that I believe you definitely should look into filing a civil suit in this case. I'm an attorney in New Orleans, although I don't necessarily practice this type of law, I would be happy to point you in some directions if you haven't already found assistance for a lawsuit. Keep up the fight for justice for Jessica

That sounds like it could be useful! Thank you for your input. Have sent you details in your message box.

Justice4JessicaE. (@Justice4Jess_) tweeted at 10:04 pm on Wed, Apr 14, 2021:

Today makes 601 days (August 22, 2019-April 14, 2021) with no answers, no accountability, no arrests. My sister Jessica Easterly is just a case number. A box of files being stored with dust on it.
#way2goNOLA you must be so proud!!
#Justice4Jessica
#Justice4JessicaEasterly https://t.co/E9X8Es84ZS
(https://twitter.com/Justice4Jess_/status/1382439529001455617?s=03)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back