CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting some news articles to help us realize the timing of the investigation.
Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
Updated: 8:48 PM PST January 24, 2021

The search warrant was served on the home on Jan. 24th which is about 10 days ago. LE doesn't always find blood, and even if they did, no body has been found. I want to know if the dogs hit on anything, but still no body has been found and LE has to be careful to not jump to conclusions. It's possible they found nothing conclusive, but then again LE has to have a solid case if they were to make an arrest.

Then, on Jan. 30th, the Police Chief did make a statement on video here about their thorough but cautious investigation.
Chula Vista mom still missing after three weeks | cbs8.com
Published: 5:10 PM PST January 30, 2021
See Video
At the 00:25 minute mark the Chula Vista Police Chief Roxana Kennedy assures the public that LE is investigating Maya's case fully and she makes a statement that "if someone is responsible for her disappearance we want to hold them responsible".

snipped to reply...I suspect something of interest to the investigation was locked in Maya's room until some point on Friday/early Sat morning. Whether any remnants or clues remained by the time investigators came with the search warrant is the big question.

The search warrant was served two and a half weeks into Maya being missing and the family wanting husband to unlock that bedroom door.

LE had done several visual searches of the home, but until Jan. 24th I don't think they were gathering possible evidence from there. I know the husband had turned in his phone to them. I don't know if they took any computers from the home before the search warrant was served. LE didn't know if Maya ran off or what, but I think they know more now...gosh, by now I hope they know more.

"The focus of the search warrant is to locate any evidence or any clues as to her whereabouts. Obviously, we’re concerned that she is still missing," said Lt. Miriam Foxx with the Criminal Investigations Division. “I can’t give any details as to the investigation but I will say we’ve been actively investigating this case and we’re at the point now where we’re trying to get as much evidence and any clues that we have that it’s possible to find where May is."

also Missing Chula Vista Mom: Search Warrant Served At Maya Millete's Home (fox5sandiego.com)
BBM

Last edited:
San Diego Union Tribune January 21 2021 article. The only news I've read on this. It's quoting LM. That said, that article gets the police called date wrong so good info is hard to get.
Thanks for the reminder of the search of that area.
Report of Glamis search:
Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother of 3
"On Jan. 13, more than 100 people searched trails at Mount San Miguel Park for any sign of Millete. In an interview with Court TV, her brother-in-law said searchers had also looked in the Glamis area in Imperial County without success."
Thanks for posting to confirm that searchers did look in the Glamis area. I know I saw pics of Maya out in sand dunes and I guess they figured maybe she got a ride out there with someone else. Where is Maya?

Maya Millete | Facebook

Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

“I can’t give any details as to the investigation..."

This section of the quote from Lt. Miriam Foxx explains why we haven't heard about any evidence at this point. If there are home surveillance videos, anything of interest found at the home, or new information, this would be why we do not know about it IMO.

“I can’t give any details as to the investigation..."

This section of the quote from Lt. Miriam Foxx explains why we haven't heard about any evidence at this point....
That's standard protocol though. I thought what she said after that was more interesting especially if it related to the home and evidence.

... we’re trying to get as much evidence and any clues that we have that it’s possible to find where May is."

Chula Vista has a lot of GIS information (layered maps) and data on their website. I was just looking at sewer and storm drain locations. There's a lot. The data includes clean out dates. No clean outs in Jan 2021 that I saw in that neighborhood. I wonder if those have been searched. As a kid, I used to travel for blocks in the storm drains. Storm drains are open/accessible for rain. Chula vista's website says they take 8 tons of debris a year out of the storm drains. And the trash day is Monday, according to the GIS page.

Last edited:
At first, LE was saying they didn't suspect foul play in the disappearance of Maya Millete. What are their thoughts now? What about those Red Flags we heard about from her sister's husband early on?

Keeping the children in my thoughts and prayers. I know the frustration and anxiety I feel about the complete mystery of Maya still missing. Those poor children, they haven't seen their mother in almost a month.

I'm not sure if it would prove any more difficult, but I do believe there would be more apps to get warrants for, so in addition to her personal apps, they would (I assume) have to get additional warrants for the work apps. Unless her employer chooses to give that access to LE (as her employer most likely does have access to any activity on her work profile) they would have to get warrants. IMOO

ETA I have the option to turn my work profile off and on. So if I'm going on vacation, I can turn it off to avoid constant notifications or being able to be called through my work phone number, which rings to my cell phone if the profile is turned on. If I have the work profile off, I can't access work sites, email, etc.
BBM-- This is how my phone works also.
I can use it for work or personal calls.
I can turn off "work mode" so I do not receive calls, messages, etc for work related communication.

I thought about the work phone, because the husband called her boss and he confirmed she did not log in. So he already knew she wasn't coming in. From the information there is, it did not like look her boss asked where she was. So either she had contact through her work phone, or through the different profiles. Or someone else did...

If she does not show up for work, at least her boss would call the husband, right? Why was it the other way around?

Unless her disappearance is work related.
I, personally, do NOT think so, but need to look at different scenarios and well, she did work for a Defense contractor so who knows.

Unless her disappearance is work related.
I, personally, do NOT think so, but need to look at different scenarios and well, she did work for a Defense contractor so who knows.
That’s a good point. We truly have no idea who she may have had contact with in her daily life.

Although I have a gut feeling what may have happened, I’m always open to explore possibilities. We just haven’t been given many possibilities to explore. JMO.

I was thinking about the part where LM said he heard (but did not see) his wife on Friday night; that he heard her “making dinner for herself”.

That seems like something that would not have been too difficult for LM to go back and figure out if he was correct in his hearing.

In the kitchen, you can usually tell. What food was missing from when he last was in the kitchen? Was dishes, pots, or pans in the sink, dish drying rack or dishwasher that wasn’t there before?

Did he do this kind of “detective” work to figure out if he was mistaken? Is it telling, if he didn’t?

(I can always tell when my son has raided the refrigerator late night or cooked something when I go in the kitchen the next morning by a simple observation of these things. :rolleyes:)

^^^ Thank You [B]@TravelingBug[/B], it's appreciated that you consistently come up with the breaking news. It's now posted on her Find May site too, and there's lots of comments. Prayers for the Children and Family.
Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Husband Retains Attorney, No Longer Answering Police Questions (fox5sandiego.com)

"CHULA VISTA, Calif. – The husband of a missing Chula Vista woman has retained an attorney and no longer is answering police questions, authorities said Wednesday."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member