NC - Phelifia Marlow, 51, fatally shot at work, Hickory, 13 Jan 2021 *fugitives arrested*

Proud Country Gal

Not all who wander are lost...
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Family of woman fatally shot in Hickory offers $1,000 reward for suspects’ arrest

HICKORY, N.C. — Family members of a woman shot and killed at her job in hickory are now offering a $1,000 reward in hopes of catching her killer.

Federal Marshals are searching for a woman and her husband -- Tangela Parker and Eric Parker -- who are on the run after she fatally shot one of her co-workers over two weeks ago at a Hickory furniture plant, police said.

The shooting happened around 2:30 p.m. at TCS Design on 9th Avenue Northeast.........

U.S. Marshals offer reward for info on ‘armed and dangerous’ couple wanted in deadly N.C. shooting

HICKORY, N.C. (WBTV) - The U.S. Marshals are now involved in the search for two people considered to be “armed and dangerous” following a deadly shooting inside a Hickory business.

Tangela L. Parker, 49, and Eric C. Parker, 61, are wanted for murder in the shooting death of 51-year-old Phelifia Marlow.

Police said Marlow was found shot inside TCS Designs, on 9th Avenue NE. She was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Wake Forest where she died......

A slight argument between grow business women? So she gets her husband in on a murder of this poor woman. Most husbands would tell you to calm it down.

No! They deserve eachother. Where can these two brilliant chowder heads be? Wait until they're separated when they get locked up.

So sad for Miss Marlow's family.

And in other news....

Capitol rioter "Rebel flag guy" has been charged with..... trespassing after having received repeated national news attention on CNN leading to his identification and arrest.

OK, sarcasm aside there are no indications that these people have a lot of places to run to. The fact that there are two of them makes them even more vulnerable because recognizing one will lead to the arrest of the other.

Accordingly, if their photos and a slightly boosted reward received half the media attention of "Rebel Flag guy", my guess is that they would be in custody now.

Surely the nation has the same interest in arresting these two as they did low grade (crime wise) rioters?

Cryptic, I soooo needed that laugh.

Heck yeah, Rebel Flag guy got snagged the reward money has people looking everywhere for these two.

Couldn't these two ladies just have a good old beatdown there and then? Shake hands after, and move on? No! Phelifia missed out on life, and certainly friends and family suffering forever.

Mcdowellnews.com has three photos of this murdering couple. She certainly looks different in each. Jim, generic.

What? They just upped and left home? What are they preppers? No paper trail? Off the grid?

Meanwhile Ms. Marlow is not on a road trip. My heart hurts for her family.

What are they preppers? No paper trail? Off the grid?

I think its too early to tell.

The murder occurred three weeks ago. As a result, they are still with in the time frame of relatively easy "off the grid" hiding that does not take alot of preparations.

Rather, it could involve throwing away cell phones, cutting up credit cards etc. Drain moderate bank accounts of cash. Then, shelter in a low cost of living area and use the untraceable cash for daily expenses. Most small town police cars are not equipped with fancy auto license plate readers and walking for groceries etc would reduce the risk of being identified in a traffic stop.

But.... eventually the money runs out. Then things get more complex for fugitives that are not actively being sheltered by somebody. As to when the money runs out, the big unknown would be how much cash and pawnable items they had access to and whether they are being sheltered by someone.

There are no indicators of wealth regarding the couple and most people in the US live pay check to pay check. My guess is that statistically, most people would start to run out of cash after what, 3-6 weeks or so? That would mean that if unsheltered, they would need to start taking risks pretty soon.

Last edited:
Search intensifies for couple weeks after deadly shooting at Hickory furniture plant

HICKORY, N.C. — The search for a couple on the run after a deadly Caldwell County workplace shooting is intensifying.

Planes were seen on Tuesday searching a remote area of Wilson Creek for Eric and Tangela Parker. Tangela Parker is accused of killing her coworker, 51-year-old Phelifia Marlow, last month.

Police and federal marshals have been flying over the area looking for the couple’s gold-colored Honda CRV after investigators found Tangela Parker’s cell phone near an intersection in Colletsville.

Search intensifies for couple weeks after deadly shooting at Hickory furniture plant

HICKORY, N.C. — The search for a couple on the run after a deadly Caldwell County workplace shooting is intensifying..
Even Parker's own mother thinks her flight is futile:
“Tangela is not very good as far as being outdoors,” Tangela Parker’s mother said. “The only outdoors stuff she did was being with her dog. I’d like to see her turn herself in."

I hope at least the dog is ok. Tangela and her hubby don't seem very much like cunning fugitives, but they've been on the run now for over a month. That said, there's been pretty much zero media buzz about this case in my part of the state (~150 miles away).

Update:
US Marshal: Fugitive couple could still be in western NC

Last edited:
“Tangela is not very good as far as being outdoors,” Tangela Parker’s mother said.

Tangela and her hubby don't seem very much like cunning fugitives, but they've been on the run now for over a month. That said, there's been pretty much zero media buzz about this case in my part of the state.
US Marshal: Fugitive couple could still be in western NC
The lack of media attention is frustrating as it could be the key to finding them.

There are evidently no indications that they are being sheltered by family and as your source indicates, one at least, is not exactly prone to try long term winter camping in the mountains. Nor do they seem likely to have access to a remote "off grid and off taxes" hunting cabin.

That leaves the distinct possibility that they are in plain site at a small hotel, right in the middle of small town Appalachiansville. They also might have rented something somewhere for cash. This could be less likely as property owners tend to ask for more real ID that fugitives are hesitant to show.

Electronic bill board notices at area choke points maybe the key to smoking them out.

Idea: Websleuths need to create:

1.) A fugitive bill board / publicity voluntary contribution fund
2.) Criteria for use of those funds
3.) A Committee to oversea the fund and usage.
4.) A contact committee to see if the police in a case want billboards and if so, what they want on them.

My bet is that the talents on this board can have something up and going with in a week. I, for one, am willing to contribute to the fund and in other ways if needed.

Getting of my soap box.....

ARREST!!!
‘Armed and dangerous’ couple wanted for deadly N.C. shooting apprehended in Arizona

HICKORY, N.C. (WBTV) - An “armed and dangerous” couple wanted for months in connection to a shooting inside of a HIckory business, which resulted in the death of a 51-year-old woman, have been apprehended.

According to the Hickory Police Department, 49-year-old Tangela Parker and 61-year-old Eric Parker were found in Phoenix, Arizona. The department said the U.S. Marshal Service received tips about the couple’s location.

ARREST!!!
‘Armed and dangerous’ couple wanted for deadly N.C. shooting apprehended in Arizona

HICKORY, N.C. (WBTV) - An “armed and dangerous” couple wanted for months in connection to a shooting inside of a HIckory business, which resulted in the death of a 51-year-old woman, have been apprehended.

According to the Hickory Police Department, 49-year-old Tangela Parker and 61-year-old Eric Parker were found in Phoenix, Arizona. The department said the U.S. Marshal Service received tips about the couple’s location.

I just saw this case thread! They sound like total nutters... so glad they've been found and arrested!!

ARREST!!!

Thanks for the news @Proud Country Gal .

Wow, some tipsters out there it seems.

RIP Phelifia.

Couple arrested in Ariz. for Hickory murder did ‘odd jobs and panhandled for money,’ officials say

A different news report with a video of them and they are not yet back in NC jail system that I know of.......Gonna keep a watch.
Thanks! If what they are charged with wasn't such a serious crime this would be almost comical. She claims she can't read the charges because she was arrested without her glasses, so borrows her husband's pair, reads the charges, then keeps them. How this couple stayed on the run as long as they did is a mystery.
Plus nobody in the courtroom knows how to wear a mask, after having more than a year to practice.

More Details On Arrest Of Couple Wanted In Connection To January Murder - WHKY

(Just FYI) .....Tangela and Eric Parker were listed as inmates at the Maricopa County Jail in Phoenix

Name: Tangela Parker Date of Birth:
Booking Number: T713952 Booking Date: 7/13/2021
Arresting Agency: AZ0071700 Arrest Date/Time: 7/13/2021
Facility: ESTR Floor: 1 House: B Pod: 4 Cell: 08 Bed: 001

Name: Eric Parker Date of Birth:
Booking Number: T713956 Booking Date: 7/13/2021
Arresting Agency: AZ0071700 Arrest Date/Time: 7/13/2021
Facility: LBJF Floor: 1 House: 11 Pod: A Cell: 19 Bed: 001

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online