TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, since the entire back window was destroyed in the crash, he may have been more exposed than it might seem, even while in the car.

One thought sparked from a comment on that Youtube video... he may have gotten out of the car shortly after the crash to look for his phone, if he couldn’t find it, to call for help. And maybe after his searching turned up nothing, and with no cars passing by, he then grabs his backpack and starts on foot back towards town. In this case he would have been exposed to the elements for a longer period of time (or the physical results of any head injury may have begun to manifest).

The father mentions the number of deer he himself encountered while travelling the road in search of his son. It’s certainly a possibility that he was trying to avoid one when he spun out.

Me too.
Schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder most often presents in males in their early 20's.
Interestingly some believe associated with marijuana use. Teens who smoke pot at risk for later schizophrenia, psychosis - Harvard Health Blog
He could have poked his finger when getting out and then got the blood on the shorts underwear when he was removing them. I thought it seemed like a small amount too.
I like this theory. Otherwise, I need to hear of a hole in shorts.

Regarding his belongings in the road. After the accident, he could have gotten out, walked away dazed, and left driver’s door open. Since he probably had snacks in the car or bookbag, an animal (coyote, deer, etc.) could have pulled things out of the car and dragged/dropped his belongings along the road.

Regarding his belongings in the road. After the accident, he could have gotten out, walked away dazed, and left driver’s door open. Since he probably had snacks in the car or bookbag, an animal (coyote, deer, etc.) could have pulled things out of the car and dragged/dropped his belongings along the road.
Not in this case, not his wristwatch.

TX DPS inventory report from the crash site itemized the backpack, toiletries, wallet, and "narcotics" collected from the crash. See thread #1.

Oh, right. I had forgotten about the fracas that came out of the report of "backpack filled with narcotics." The YouTube interview touches on that - according to the father, Fox Austin had done a FOIA and gotten that report. The father said that someone from the station had called to apologize for the inaccuracy of the report.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed; off topic>

In other details...

The YouTube video talked about the photo of the road, taken by Jason's father. Some speculation is that the other set of tracks is the tow truck that was hired to tow Jason's car away, as the photo was taken first thing the morning, after Jason's father arrived on the scene. The hosts even queried about what type of tow truck - specifically, whether it was the older kind that only lifts one end up or the flatbed truck type. I guess the older kind would create another set of the same tracks.

They also questioned if a tow truck driver would run over/overlook the clothing on the road going both ways - going to and from the crash site. it's a good question. It was described as a trail of clothing, but also that Jason's watch was flat - neatly put away.

The part that I thought was important was Jason's passcode. Mr. Landry suggested that parents should get their kids to write their passcodes on a piece of paper and store it securely so that family can access the phone in an emergency like this. He had the phone for a couple of days and kept it charged but couldn't see any of the messages or other things that were popping up. Warrants for Snapchat might take 18 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered about that too... no idea!
I enlarged it as far as I could. It almost looks like black rubber with a grid pattern textured like a grenade. Obviously I’m not implying that but that’s what the texture looks like. I’m wondering if it’s some part of the car? It looks like at the far back of the item there’s a small piece of metal with a hole in it where it would be screwed onto something? That’s my best shot but I have zero clue. IMO

Some things I have been thinking about:

He left his phone in his car, and essentially would've been walking in pure darkness, with a potential head injury. I am sure it has been posted, but John Lordan interviewed Jason's dad, and that was posted today.

I once crashed head-first into a brick mailbox. I only share this to relay what happened after. I was familiar with the area I was in, but I broke my nose from the impact, I have cataracts bc I was wearing glasses so my eyes were injured from the force. I was lucky I was in my neighborhood, and that I was close to home. Essentially, I slammed my face into my steering wheel, (I KNEW I was close to home) but if the same thing had happened far away, idk what I would do.

Typically I am cynical, but I know of cases where people don't remember who they are, and are out there.

I pray Jason's family gets some answers. I am also asking my Texas State friends if they know anything

Welcome to WS @Txst Student. Since WS is a facts-based forum, the most important rule/TOS to remember is to post-factual info only from MSM approved links for your source. Social media links are not allowed, and only WS approved YouTube videos may be posted. If you're in doubt about whether your content allowed, please contact a Moderator before you post.

Linking the WS rules for your convenience:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

APPROVED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES/PROFILES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by their Friends on these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..."
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are considered rumor. They are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of a group support page (a page run by family)
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

No names or images of minor children are allowed unless they are the victim under discussion (i.e. deceased or missing child)

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from their personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.
Appreciate it, I’m only 23 but just want to provide anything I’m seeing down here to possibly help the people on here, apologies if anything was posted that wasn’t supposed to be!

Oh, right. I had forgotten about the fracas that came out of the report of "backpack filled with narcotics." The YouTube interview touches on that - according to the father, Fox Austin had done a FOIA and gotten that report. The father said that someone from the station had called to apologize for the inaccuracy of the report.

This came up on the Alan White case, too. Texas BBQ is very good, apparently. (There's a 24-hour BBQ place near the gas station that Alan White was last seen at.)

In other details...

The YouTube video talked about the photo of the road, taken by Jason's father. Some speculation is that the other set of tracks is the tow truck that was hired to tow Jason's car away, as the photo was taken first thing the morning, after Jason's father arrived on the scene. The hosts even queried about what type of tow truck - specifically, whether it was the older kind that only lifts one end up or the flatbed truck type. I guess the older kind would create another set of the same tracks.

They also questioned if a tow truck driver would run over/overlook the clothing on the road going both ways - going to and from the crash site. it's a good question. It was described as a trail of clothing, but also that Jason's watch was flat - neatly put away.

The part that I thought was important was Jason's passcode. Mr. Landry suggested that parents should get their kids to write their passcodes on a piece of paper and store it securely so that family can access the phone in an emergency like this. He had the phone for a couple of days and kept it charged but couldn't see any of the messages or other things that were popping up. Warrants for Snapchat might take 18 months.
The car would have had to be removed on a rollback (tilting flatbed) truck. My bet is the car was too damaged at either end to be hauled with a two wheel lift truck.

I guess people who don't live in the country just don't understand how much trash (and even clothing) is sometimes scattered along back roads. And how people will abandon a wrecked car and come back later when they can't be tested for OMVI. My opinion is that is why it wasn't critical to investigate all that clothing the night the wreck was found.

The car would have had to be removed on a rollback (tilting flatbed) truck. My bet is the car was too damaged at either end to be hauled with a two wheel lift truck.

I guess people who don't live in the country just don't understand how much trash (and even clothing) is sometimes scattered along back roads. And how people will abandon a wrecked car and come back later when they can't be tested for OMVI. My opinion is that is why it wasn't critical to investigate all that clothing the night the wreck was found.
This can't be stated enough. In the time it took you to author the post, there were probably 5 cars abandoned in the State of Texas. It happens all the time. However, regarding the clothing - as much as I agree with you - the release of the Caldwell County Dispatch calls seems to indicate that the clothing and personal items were seen and were attributed to the wreck.

I really think the family could benefit from an independent accident scene investigator to see if they can recreate the accident and cause and determine force, speed and possible injuries from that. Don’t rely on anyone involved to date. Get your own outside and then with that determine where to look for Jason. Hoping this can be done before the car is auctioned. If there needs to be a fundraiser for this type of help, I bet there are people ready and willing. Too many u answers questions here. Recreate the scene. Recreate the accident.

This can't be stated enough. In the time it took you to author the post, there were probably 5 cars abandoned in the State of Texas. It happens all the time. However, regarding the clothing - as much as I agree with you - the release of the Caldwell County Dispatch calls seems to indicate that the clothing and personal items were seen and were attributed to the wreck.
@JrTex, I missed that the dispatch call was released. Can you please link that so we can hear/read. Thanks!

I'm not sure about that. From the press release:

Upon a review of the Troopers body and dash cameras from his initial response to the crash scene, investigators know that approximately 900 feet from the collision scene, the following articles, belonging to Jason, were discovered in the roadway; a backpack, a ball cap, a plastic bag of personal toiletries, and a tumbler with his deceased beta fish in it. These findings were north of the clothing, recovered the next morning by Jason’s father.

I interpret that as Jason's father having given both the backpack and clothing to LE, not just the clothing. UNLESS the "recovered the next morning" only means the clothing, which is confusing.
This was covered in detail in the press release by SO. Trooper took possession of backpack. Backpack - less the marijuana - was TOT parents. Dad found shirt on road

I really think the family could benefit from an independent accident scene investigator to see if they can recreate the accident and cause and determine force, speed and possible injuries from that. Don’t rely on anyone involved to date. Get your own outside and then with that determine where to look for Jason. Hoping this can be done before the car is auctioned. If there needs to be a fundraiser for this type of help, I bet there are people ready and willing. Too many u answers questions here. Recreate the scene. Recreate the accident.
I fully agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member