TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Sorry for being a burden to your alert/inbox system on Swimsuit Boy y'all, but I did a little more research. I found a wonderful diagram of the shed graveyard and our boy was buried in the back. I think that Doe was killed in the colder months from 1970 to 1971. Doe was clustered near a lot of the 1971 victims, so it appears he probably died then IMO. Doe appears to have also been found in a fetal position. I have a feeling that Doe might've met Corll and/or Brooks at the beach that day, considering the fact that he had a swimsuit on his remains. Maybe he was headed to or from the beach, who knows? I really am disappointed after hearing LE's choice to choose another way of identifying Doe, but we aren't in their shoes, though. :(

Sorry for being a burden to your alert/inbox system on Swimsuit Boy y'all, but I did a little more research. I found a wonderful diagram of the shed graveyard and our boy was buried in the back. I think that Doe was killed in the colder months from 1970 to 1971. Doe was clustered near a lot of the 1971 victims, so it appears he probably died then IMO. Doe appears to have also been found in a fetal position. I have a feeling that Doe might've met Corll and/or Brooks at the beach that day, considering the fact that he had a swimsuit on his remains. Maybe he was headed to or from the beach, who knows? I really am disappointed after hearing LE's choice to choose another way of identifying Doe, but we aren't in their shoes, though. :(
You are NOT a burden! Trust me. I, for one, am very much appreciative of any eyes that look upon this case. Your observations are great.

You sound like a great teacher!! :)

I sincerely wish these kids had good teachers. Maybe they did, I don’t know. I just feel really bad for these boys.
Yeah, it’s hard to figure out which teachers cared and didn’t care. One of my best friends’ teacher lended her a coat when she didn’t have one, which inspired me to do the same for a girl in my class who didn’t have one (her parents were devastatingly poor).

I'm so glad to see this thread is busy. My mom knew Elmer Wayne Henley, another Corll accomplice, and she knew Michael Baulch, a victim. She has told me the story over and over about Michael being at church one week and not there the next.

Last edited:
I've narrowed down the PMI for Swimsuit Boy by information on the boat shed rental and Henley's involvement. I think this boy died between August 1970 and December 1971, due to the fact Dean had the shed rental no earlier than August 1970.
IMO

Last edited:
I've narrowed down the PMI for Swimsuit Boy by information on the boat shed rental and Henley's involvement. I think this boy died between August 1970 and December 1971, due to the fact Dean had the shed rental no earlier than August 1970.
IMO
Good observations! I show the boat shed was rented on November 17, 1970. I’m using the info on my spreadsheet, and it’s been awhile since I did my deep dive, but I think that’s right.

I've read about WS users trying to match cases before, so I decided to give it a go myself:
I think Swimsuit Boy could be James Stanford:
Original
Swimsuit%2Bboy%2Bjohn%2Bdoe%2Bhouston%2Btexas%2B1973.jpe

Here are some physical similarities:
  • Similar facial structure
  • JD was 15-19: James was 16
  • Both had brown hair
Differences:
  • James was 6'3 and 125 lbs (I think this might be false, who is 6'3 and that thin- that makes his BMI around 15.23)
  • The distance between Missouri and Texas
"OMG" similarities:
  • James once mentioned joining a convent in California or Texas (The trunks were from California possibly)
  • JD was originally estimated to be on the younger side of 15-17 (James fits this range perfectly!)
(Also, that narrows Doe's death from November 17, 1970 - December 31, 1971)

Last edited:
I've read about WS users trying to match cases before, so I decided to give it a go myself:
I think Swimsuit Boy could be James Stanford:
Original
Swimsuit%2Bboy%2Bjohn%2Bdoe%2Bhouston%2Btexas%2B1973.jpe

Here are some physical similarities:
  • Similar facial structure
  • JD was 15-19: James was 16
  • Both had brown hair
Differences:
  • James was 6'3 and 125 lbs (I think this might be false, who is 6'3 and that thin?)
  • The distance between Missouri and Texas
"OMG" similarities:
  • James once mentioned joining a convent in California or Texas (The trunks were from California possibly)
  • JD was originally estimated to be on the younger side of 15-17 (James fits this range perfectly!)
(Also, that narrows Doe's death from November 17, 1970 - December 31, 1971)
The height has always threw me when trying to compare James to anyone. Seems a little tall for that age/weight, but I think it’s possible. It looks like a potential match otherwise. Is he listed as an exclusion? I seem to have locked myself out of my NamUs account...again. :rolleyes::D

The height has always threw me when trying to compare James to anyone. Seems a little tall for that age/weight, but I think it’s possible. It looks like a potential match otherwise. Is he listed as an exclusion? I seem to have locked myself out of my NamUs account...again. :rolleyes::D
I don't recall so. I really think this could be James :)

I find that the most convenient, but you can call/email any of the agencies or reps for either/both cases. Here’s the form for Doe Network. Hope this helps! :)

Potential Match Submission To Panel
Just sent in my match! I hope for the best, as I would never want this to ever happen to any of my own students.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back