GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2021-2-9_9-43-37.png
Heather Elvis disappeared on December 18, 2013, near her Myrtle Beach, South Carolina apartment after going on a date. The 20-year-old was reported missing the following day. Heather’s car was found at Peachtree boat landing on the outskirts of town several days later. In February of 2014, Sidney Moorer, a married man Heather had been seeing, was charged with her murder and kidnapping. His wife Tammy was also charged. The murder charges against the couple were later dropped. In June of 2016, Sidney went on trial for kidnapping Heather. That trial ended in a hung jury. In August of 2017, Sidney was found guilty of obstructing justice during the December 2013 investigation into Heather’s disappearance. He was given the maximum sentence of 10 years. In October of 2018, Tammy Moorer was convicted of conspiracy and kidnapping Heather. She was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Sidney Moorer was retried in the kidnapping case in September 2019, and found guilty in the 2013 kidnapping of Heather. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Heather's body has not been found. If you have any information regarding Heather’s case, please call the Horry County Police Department at (843) 915-8477.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

*Isn't Heather beautiful? Yes, we all say...
This girl haunts me. I was involved in another site when this happened. Tammy Moorer herself started posting to us. She was so defensive. It was c r a z y s p o o k y. It was after she and Sidney had sex in some store or something like that. My memory is fading some. This was real! It was her.

I'm watching 20/20's The Devil's Triangle right now. Brings back so much outrage.

ETA: Haha, Nancy Livesay said that was the first time she had a defendant call her by her first name. Loved how she handled that.
Here's the video trial archive Tammy Moorer Trial Video Archive
I've re-watched the trial verdict and sentencing a few times :)

I can only remember Heather in the photo didn't look good or alive. It's been a while per the cousin. I don't recall scratches or blood reported from the cousin. I've read about it online before, but it wasn't msm. It just wasn't good from his looks or testimony, iirc. Only she was dead. rip

Whoa - did we ever hear the details of the photo DD said SM showed him of Heather? According to Ms. Nancy, there was blood on Heather's shirt and scratches on her face and she was clearly dead.

@jash and others:

I watched the show last night when drifting to sleep but I watched it all... I don't recall that quote at all in the show that Ms. Nancy saw the photo.

Are there now online youtubes of this? Is there a time stamp of where she said that as I have never heard such before, including last night of the show where OP said this was said. Again, I was in sleepy mode, but I think that would have JOLTED me if said.

I have the entire show recorded and can replay, when was this said in the show?

ETA: Found it. The photo wasn't shown to Ms. Nancy.. it's the same as we knew waaaaaaaay back.. it was what the cousin he saw and said MOO

South Carolina love triangle: A woman's affair with a married man leads to her disappearance

"DeMarino, a convicted criminal who’d done time for burglary and drug charges, testified that Sidney Moorer had shown him a picture of Heather Elvis on his phone in 2014.

“[Demarino] told us … she was clearly not alive and there were scratches on her face,” Livesay said.

When he was asked if, after seeing the picture, he expected the Elvis family to ever see their daughter again, DeMarino said, “No.”

Last edited:
@jash and others:

I watched the show last night when drifting to sleep but I watched it all... I don't recall that quote at all in the show that Ms. Nancy saw the photo.

Are there now online youtubes of this? Is there a time stamp of where she said that as I have never heard such before, including last night of the show where OP said this was said. Again, I was in sleepy mode, but I think that would have JOLTED me if said.

ETA: Found it. The photo wasn't shown to Ms. Nancy.. it's the same as we knew waaaaaaaay back.. it was what the cousin he saw and said MOO

South Carolina love triangle: A woman's affair with a married man leads to her disappearance

"DeMarino, a convicted criminal who’d done time for burglary and drug charges, testified that Sidney Moorer had shown him a picture of Heather Elvis on his phone in 2014.

“[Demarino] told us … she was clearly not alive and there were scratches on her face,” Livesay said.

When he was asked if, after seeing the picture, he expected the Elvis family to ever see their daughter again, DeMarino said, “No.”

When I watched the 20/20 special last night, I was surprised with the picture information from the cousin. For some reason, I didn't remember that detail from the SM trial - I was so disgusted and angry by that time anyway. But, it got me thinking about how nothing from a phone or a computer is ever "completely" deleted - so, if there was a photo on the phone, and Law Enforcement took the phone after SM's arrest, wouldn't it have been found?

I apologize if this has been brought up before, this case has so much going on and it is SO VERY SAD.

@jash and others:

Nancy ( sorry, we’re not on a first name basis ... lol) also said that DeMarino said there was blood on her shirt.

A murder conviction without a body: https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-...ARuczNPTaDi4NOjsD3QXaH033s0DP7A5vzk9x4K6CP6rY

I think the prosecutors in Myrtle Beach should review this trial and how they were able to get a conviction.
I’ve been so behind in the Schelling case, so I’m just learning he was found guilty. I’m honestly a bit shocked by the verdict (because I wasn’t sure the prosecution had enough evidence to prove murder), but I am SO GRATEFUL AND BEYOND BLISSED OUT that Lucas was found guilty of first degree murder and will never live another day outside of prison!!!

I watched Return to the Landing last night, anyone else?

I'm watching 20/20's The Devil's Triangle right now. Brings back so much outrage.

ETA: Haha, Nancy Livesay said that was the first time she had a defendant call her by her first name. Loved how she handled that.

Watched both. So much left out of both episodes.

Watched both. So much left out of both episodes.

I agree with you about so much information being left out, but as far as the basics, I thought both specials were excellent. It is all so very disturbing, though, as there is still no body and neither defendant seems willing to share where Heather's remains might be.

Perhaps because of the recent TV specials, I am reminded of just how unappealing and disingenuous Tammy Moorer is. Today, I was watching a past episode of Dateline and they were featuring the murder of Tim Schuster by his estranged wife Larissa Schuster. She was a chemist and after she and an accomplice murdered Tim, they attempted to dissolve his body in hydrochloric acid. It dawned on me, as I was watching, that Tammy Moorer and Larissa Schuster are exactly the same personality - huge ego, manipulative, and always right - in any and every situation.
Larissa also took the stand in her own defense, truly believing that she could manipulate the jury and evoke sympathy by playing the "I am just a mom trying to get home to my kids" card. Tammy Moorer got on the stand and displayed the EXACT way to NOT behave - both Larissa and Tammy think they are the smartest people in the room and both were found absolutely GUILTY.

Awful, awful humans.

Thinking of Heather and her loved ones today. Curious, whatever happened to the crazy rapper attorney who was going to tell us what really happened to Heather?
Did he make it big and forget about Syd & the Mrs :D

When I watched the 20/20 special last night, I was surprised with the picture information from the cousin. For some reason, I didn't remember that detail from the SM trial - I was so disgusted and angry by that time anyway. But, it got me thinking about how nothing from a phone or a computer is ever "completely" deleted - so, if there was a photo on the phone, and Law Enforcement took the phone after SM's arrest, wouldn't it have been found?

I apologize if this has been brought up before, this case has so much going on and it is SO VERY SAD.
How on
Earth did that not stand out in the trial? Did we all miss that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021