Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM: I agree unlikely, but definitely possible:

Police: 5 dead in Idaho after murders, suicide

This was my cousins children and grandchildren (and an unfortunate bystander). The guy drove all the way from Iowa to Idaho (almost non-stop) to do this. People that are obsessed and/or possessive can be quite determined and dangerous. MOO.

That said, MOO is that did not happen in this case.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, @Barry .

{{{HUGS}}}

Very nicely said!! I’m a big fan of AM. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a brother like him! God bless him for all he’s done to find his little sister ❤️.
Let's see...

What does AM have to gain from his sister going missing and him spending money to search for her? Not a thing other than to recover his sister's remains and give her a proper burial.

What does BM have to gain from his wife going missing? Loads of money, property, freedom.

What does BM have to lose by his wife's remains being recovered? Loss of money, property, freedom.

No brainer, IMO.

They were throwing tomatoes by telling LE their version of (sketchy) events? They lacked credibility because of their pasts, sure, but that's exactly the way he planned that to go, IMO.
I agree especially by hiring JP. But I think BM had a friendly relationship with MG. She worked for him for a long time and he gave her a lot of responsibility so I think he basically trusted her. Until she “turned on him” in his opinion. And BM’s past wasn’t squeaky clean either. I’m referring to his past business dealings and altercations but his own drug could also be a possibility. I don’t think his character and morals give him any room to judge others so harshly. :confused: MOO

Last edited:
I agree especially by hiring JP. But I think BM had a friendly relationship with MG. She worked for him for a long time and he gave her a lot of responsibility so I think he basically trusted her. Until she “turned on him” in his opinion. And BM’s past wasn’t squeaky clean either. I’m referring to his past business dealings and altercations but his own drug could also be a possibility. I don’t think his character and morals give him any room to judge others so harshly. :confused: MOO
Yes, Bc everything is personal with Barry I think, so even though she just did what LE asked , and was morally right .... it’s all about him. Barry’s world of being the victim.
Moo

Come on ya’ll, put a headlamp on and go hiking after midnight on a known trail, with a buddy. It’s calming and the nighttime critters are fun to observe, especially the frogs. Some good things happen after midnight! lol

IMO

I agree with you.

Further, my concern last year when AM started to speak mainly on PE, was the info he was putting out might have come from the PE guys themselves. Whoever their (PE) sources are, who knows (it's no surprise to most here I don't find PE credible). AM might have been repeating what PE told him. I do think when AM went to CO in preparation for his search, he talked to people who gave him info. Was it true? Don't know.

I also believe PE guys instigated/aggravated the growing tension between AM and BM during that time. I believe they did the same between AM and LE.

I really never believed this super tight lipped LE team gave him investigation details such as the house smelled like bleach, coolers were missing, BM didn't take a polygraph or a voice analysis. Someone else might have told AM that, but I don't believe it was LE.

I also made the same observation as you when AM's search concluded. I remember feeling very proud of him for what he accomplished (still do). I also remember feeling like he felt defeated because he didn't find his sister, and by LE remaining tight lipped. I believe before he left, LE had a very respectful private conversation with him as the brother of the missing woman they were still investigating.

All my unpopular opinion.
Andy did clarify more than once that all his information was "second or third hand" so I think he was unsure about many details himself. Imo

The discussion of the bikes has left me confused. :rolleyes: Given it's doubtful SM rode a bike on Mother's Day morning, what's the big deal about the bikes, other than the obvious? TIA

SM had a blue bicycle that cost thousands of dollars. My SIL is an avid cyclist so I do not at all find this expense out of the ordinary.

SM and BM, or either one of them, purchased another bike "for its parts". However, a new bicycle costing thousands of dollars is highly unlikely to need spare parts anytime soon. OTOH, the spare bike was purchased from a guy who recently opened his shop, correct? If so, I consider the purchase a way to help a friend out by purchasing an inexpensive bike from his new business and not necessarily for parts only. A spare would offer a visiting friend or relative who wished to cycle along with SM a convenient option.

Was the expensive bike the blue one we suspect was found at the tree near a bridge close to the M home? If so, it's been taken to the evidence locker. If SM exclusively rode the blue bike, why would BM need to tell the neighbor the color?

It's interesting ice coolers were not found at SMs home since BM is an avid hunter and ice coolers are considered a must have item not only for cooling the meat but also for transporting to the butcher.

Did BM own an all terrain vehicle (ATV)? Does the rugged mountainous terrain make it unfeasible for traveling by ATV to surrounding areas of PP for hunting purposes?
edited to clarify

BBM
I’ve wondered about how many coolers they found at Bear Bear’s. IMO he would have a few cheaper coolers (like I have) to keep in the back of his truck in the Summer for water and several $$$ Yeti coolers for taking on the hunts. Do I know he had Yeti coolers? Nope, but Barry seems like the type of fellow that would several laying around to show off to his buddies. I also wouldn’t blame him for using the cheaper coolers for work because people would walk off a Yeti.

Exactly right and when you work around someone as frequently as he did especially with MG, I would say there were friends too. He just abruptly stopped Bc she did the right thing and said what she knew in my opinion.

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree about Barry and MG being friends. :)

Maybe they were, but working together every day doesn’t mean they were anything more than boss and employee. I keep work at work. I dearly care about most of the people that I work with every day, but I don’t know that I consider us “friends”. As much as I enjoy working with them, I am not interested in spending any time with them outside of work.

I think Barry would consider MG too “beneath” him to be friends. IMO he was “friendly” to her when he needed her to do something outside of her job responsibilities (organize the workers) without compensating her for her work. She may know more about Barry than he wishes she did, but I don’t believe they were ever friends.

IMO
MOO

Very nicely said!! I’m a big fan of AM. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a brother like him! God bless him for all he’s done to find his little sister ❤️.

Indeed. Throughout the past 9 months, the only sources I consider credible are LE and AM.

(LS and some of the people she has interviewed get honorable mentions.)

IMO, all else is pure speculation.

BBM
I’ve wondered about how many coolers they found at Bear Bear’s. IMO he would have a few cheaper coolers (like I have) to keep in the back of his truck in the Summer for water and several $$$ Yeti coolers for taking on the hunts. Do I know he had Yeti coolers? Nope, but Barry seems like the type of fellow that would several laying around to show off to his buddies. I also wouldn’t blame him for using the cheaper coolers for work because people would walk off a Yeti.

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree about Barry and MG being friends. :)

Maybe they were, but working together every day doesn’t mean they were anything more than boss and employee. I keep work at work. I dearly care about most of the people that I work with every day, but I don’t know that I consider us “friends”. As much as I enjoy working with them, I am not interested in spending any time with them outside of work.

I think Barry would consider MG too “beneath” him to be friends. IMO he was “friendly” to her when he needed her to do something outside of her job responsibilities (organize the workers) without compensating her for her work. She may know more about Barry than he wishes she did, but I don’t believe they were ever friends.

IMO
MOO
You may be right ! Funny about the yetis too ! Well, I would say Barry is pretty low on the list of choices of friends people want lately ! I’m sure there is that thought in the back of the heads if even his close friends saying .... maybe he’s guilty ?
Moo

"Previous FOX 21 reports cite family in describing how Barry Morphew was asked, and declined, to do a polygraph test. But he said such reports were not true. "I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph," Barry Morphew told FOX 21. "There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question." Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew disappeared 9 months ago: What we know

9 Months today. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member