Michigan - Coronavirus COVID-19

What’s the likelihood that spread of COVID variant will lead to another lockdown in Michigan? (clickondetroit.com)

45 cases of COVID-19 B117 variant confirmed across 10 Michigan counties

LANSING, Mich. – As a
variant of the COVID-19 virus continues to spread in Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was asked Tuesday about the likelihood of that threat causing another lockdown.

Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, the chief medical executive of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, revealed Tuesday that the state has confirmed 45 cases of the COVID-19 B117 variant across 10 Michigan counties.

READ: 7 takeaways from Gov. Whitmer’s COVID briefing on Tuesday...

NO! No more lockdowns! All students need to be back in school for in-person learning. Businesses, including restaurants, need to open and stay open. Isolation from the real world is not good for anyone's mental health. Michigan residents have been under house arrest for almost an entire year. This is nonsense and needs to stop now. MOO

I think asking your PCP for suggestions is a good idea. I think i will email my PCP and ask her about my options at Henry Ford. Good luck. Both my husband and I are in our
70s and now that he has his vaccine, I really want to get mine (though I am nervous about it)

Well I get a canned response from the nurse-- no timetable for the vaccine and no indication when i would be contacted for an appointment. It is frustrating since my husband got his two shots already (from another hospital system)- the vaccine rollout is a mess for many, but for others it is working just fine. Go figure

Well I get a canned response from the nurse-- no timetable for the vaccine and no indication when i would be contacted for an appointment. It is frustrating since my husband got his two shots already (from another hospital system)- the vaccine rollout is a mess for many, but for others it is working just fine. Go figure
If you are in Michigan, Meijer’s was scheduling in many locations. Mr Pirate got Pfizer dose one yesterday. I totally understand. I have had both doses but it hardly made a difference until he got his.

My PCP said that the vaccine rollout has been abominable and that patients will have to wait until they're contacted. She thinks that more vaccines will be approved in the next month or two and that should speed up the process. She had both Pfizer doses and was fine as were her patients who have had the vaccine. Dr. K thinks it's ridiculous that many children are not in school and is happy to have her boys in a parochial school this year. Remote learning from mid-March through June last year was a total waste of time for her children. The continued isolation from normal life is taking a toll on many of her patients (mostly geriatric) with increased anxiety and depression. Dr. K doesn't think there should be any more lockdowns because cases are dissipating, hospitalizations decreasing, fewer fatalities, etc.

What’s the likelihood that spread of COVID variant will lead to another lockdown in Michigan? (clickondetroit.com)

45 cases of COVID-19 B117 variant confirmed across 10 Michigan counties

LANSING, Mich. – As a
variant of the COVID-19 virus continues to spread in Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was asked Tuesday about the likelihood of that threat causing another lockdown.

Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, the chief medical executive of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, revealed Tuesday that the state has confirmed 45 cases of the COVID-19 B117 variant across 10 Michigan counties.

READ: 7 takeaways from Gov. Whitmer’s COVID briefing on Tuesday...

NO! No more lockdowns! All students need to be back in school for in-person learning. Businesses, including restaurants, need to open and stay open. Isolation from the real world is not good for anyone's mental health. Michigan residents have been under house arrest for almost an entire year. This is nonsense and needs to stop now. MOO
I couldn’t agree more. No more lockdowns. They are nonsense and not based on science.
ETA ...moo.

I couldn’t agree more. No more lockdowns. They are nonsense and not based on science.
ETA ...moo.

Have you seen any ads from places like Arizona, Florida and Texas encouraging people and businesses to relocate? I know AZ is actively "recruiting" in California.

ETA ...moo.

Exactly what my PCP said. High school sports were on hold until - Voila! - major lawsuit filed, and high school sports resumed within days. Parents of public school students - as well as those of us who pay taxes for public education - should have stood up and said, "Get the kids back in school now!" Private and parochial schools are doing just fine with teachers and students in school every day since last August/September. There is no scientifically proven rationale for keeping children at home all this time. Other "public servants" were expected to continue in their jobs, and teachers should have returned to theirs, as well.

The problem has always been these "half way" measures. A lockdown can work, if done like New Zealand, with full-population test/trace/isolate/repeat. Since that was never logistically viable in the U.S., doing things like closing restaurants and sports fields was just completely random and worthless.

Michigan Medicine: Limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine forces pause of first dose appointments (clickondetroit.com)

Health system acknowledges that slow vaccine rollout has been ‘incredibly frustrating’

ANN ARBOR – In an email sent to patients on Wednesday, Michigan Medicine announced that it will not be administering additional first-dose COVID-19 vaccinations this week due to low supply.

“On behalf of all the physicians and staff at Michigan Medicine, thank you for your patience,” read the letter. “We know the slower than anticipated rollout of COVID-19 vaccines has been incredibly frustrating.”

The health system said it will only receive enough vaccine to provide second doses this week to those who have already received their first dose at Michigan Medicine clinics...

Just went to Rite Aid in Farmington Hills- they have the vaccine- will be taking appts apparently thru Oakland County Health Department ( if you are registered there- which I am)

Just went to Rite Aid in Farmington Hills- they have the vaccine- will be taking appts apparently thru Oakland County Health Department ( if you are registered there- which I am)

I have a couple of scripts ready at Rite Aid and will ask about the vaccine at the pharmacy counter. We are registered at Oakland County Health Department.

6 ways Michigan residents can sign up for COVID-19 vaccine (clickondetroit.com)

State reveals variety of vaccine sign-up options

LANSING, Mich. – The state of Michigan has outlined six ways residents who are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine can sign up to get one.

Michigan officials said residents have varying levels of access to technology, particularly those 65 and older. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is offering a variety of vaccine sign-up options.

“Our goal is to ensure that every eligible Michigander who wants a vaccine will get one,” MDHHS Director Elizabeth Hertel said. “We know that residents across Michigan have different needs when it comes to access, so we’re partnering with groups like local health departments, hospitals, pharmacies and 2-1-1 to provide multiple access points for signing up for a vaccine.”...

6 ways Michigan residents can sign up for COVID-19 vaccine (clickondetroit.com)

State reveals variety of vaccine sign-up options

LANSING, Mich. – The state of Michigan has outlined six ways residents who are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine can sign up to get one.

Michigan officials said residents have varying levels of access to technology, particularly those 65 and older. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is offering a variety of vaccine sign-up options.

“Our goal is to ensure that every eligible Michigander who wants a vaccine will get one,” MDHHS Director Elizabeth Hertel said. “We know that residents across Michigan have different needs when it comes to access, so we’re partnering with groups like local health departments, hospitals, pharmacies and 2-1-1 to provide multiple access points for signing up for a vaccine.”...

Too bad we don't live in Detroit. Whatever Mayor Duggan is doing, he is making sure the citizens of Detroit are getting vaccinated.

I have tried everything and everywhere and still cannot get an appointment. Thanks for posting this info though. The best medical system (which I am not part of) is Ascension- they sent my husband a text about 5 week ago- he got his first shot, then a few weeks later got his second shot. They are very organized. I am registered at Henry Ford, Beaumont and Michigan Medicine, (all systems where I have been a patient), as well as the Oakland County Dept of Health. Like you, I am in my 70s-- it is so frustrating that none of these systems have really provided a path to make an actual appointment.

Last edited:
Our Rite Aid (north Troy) has the vaccine. I'm registered through OCHD and can get my shot there when I'm contacted by the health department. I would prefer to go to Rite Aid that is much closer than the Southfield venue where Beaumont is currently directing patients. Hopefully, Beaumont will open up more convenient locations when they get more doses of the vaccine.

Beaumont Health revises pandemic visitation policy, makes exceptions for patients without COVID-19 (clickondetroit.com)

Not all restrictions lifted as pandemic continues

...Beginning Monday, Feb. 15 at 8 a.m. visitation will be permitted for patients who do not have or are not suspected of having COVID-19.

In a news release issued Sunday, the hospital system stated the policy change, “supports Beaumont’s commitment to on-site family presence and care planning discussions.”

Beaumont Health Chief Nursing Officer, Susan Grant, pointed out that not all restrictions will be lifted as the pandemic continues...

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288