TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of comparison to other cases, I wonder if there is any potential that Jason was intending to leave and not inform his family on purpose.

Maybe he was going to meet with someone on SFR and then the accident occurred, but he continued his plan to depart with whoever he was meeting....

Maybe a Catherine Grove scenario?

This seems unlikely but perhaps possible....
Did he join Maga or swinging the other way Antifa or another faction? Everything abandoned at site of disappearance.

I'm telling ya...this stuff is dangerous.
We have lost quite a few younger people here in our little community due to this.
Plus a lot in the county due to this, and one close to home.
Purchasing a recreational drug that someone has occasionally taken before, but apparently not knowing where it was originally purchased, and it is laced with fentanyl, which kills them.
Some die instantly, some after awhile of ingesting it.
It can be put into weed, xanax, norco, cocaine, heroin, anything .. that is what is so scary.
It is so sad.

The only thing about the Fentanyl theory, which we discussed a little earlier in the thread, is that when you take too much Fentanyl, you die. He would have been found close by.

I'm starting to wonder if someone on that road that night besides Jason is avoiding a DUI Manslaughter charge. Could his car have been hit with a big ole Texas truck that has a guard grill on it? I know, I'm sure the police ruled that out, bc surely they wouldn't be selling his car if that was even a possibility.

I just can't get it out of my either, though, that drugs play a part in this mystery, and not necessarily with Jason.

Can someone link me to the official FB missing page?
<modsnip>

Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, well let’s just say IF it is part of vape cartridge somebody in LE should probably high tail it on over there and inventory it! Then maybe test it? So surely it’s a battery? Surely?

Good point. Knowing exactly what that random battery object is won’t suddenly bring anyone closer to knowing JL’s whereabouts.

For that matter, the testing of the rolled joints won’t really help with much of anything. A determination that they were laced might explain his state of mind at the the time of the accident. Are explanations really needed? Either way, he’s still missing.

jmo

I'm starting to wonder if someone on that road that night besides Jason is avoiding a DUI Manslaughter charge. Could his car have been hit with a big ole Texas truck that has a guard grill on it? I know, I'm sure the police ruled that out, bc surely they wouldn't be selling his car if that was even a possibility.
There would have been evidence on his car if it were hit by another vehicle. There were plenty of pictures of the car shared and no such damage was there that I could see,

There would have been evidence on his car if it were hit by another vehicle. There were plenty of pictures of the car shared and no such damage was there that I could see,

IMO, if the clothes were found near a bend in the road, then yes, someone drunk, high or simply surprised to come upon a young man walking [or undressing] in the middle of the road at that hour, could have hit him. If they had bars on the front of a vehicle, the bars would prevent any damage to the vehicle [the metal bars people attach to pickup trucks, semi trucks or law enforcement/emergency vehicles] to prevent damage from deer, hogs, other vehicles, etc. They are known by different names in different places [bull bar, push bumper, bumper bar, grille guard, etc.] Leaving his body along the road would allow him to be found. On autopsy, evidence would be found [marks on his body, etc] indicating that such an impact had occurred. I would imagine that only certain people traverse that road at that hour, likely locals, oil field workers, emergency vehicles, etc. If someone out there is known to have DUI's, or known to drive fast and carelessly down those gravel roads, LE would be paying them a visit to have a talk. If someone was seeking to avoid public humiliation, arrest, jail time, etc., they could have moved him elsewhere. If this occurred, now they live with fear and guilt. What a conundrum to find themselves in. Feeling terrible remorse for what they did, sympathy for the family, and knowing if they talk now, they are looking at a conviction and prison time. Again, only my thoughts of what may have occurred.

I'm not knowledgeable on collisions at all but if a car did a pit maneuver as shown in this picture but from the opposite side, wouldn't the damage be similar to JLs car? I know LE has done their assessment of the scene but it was dark and in the middle of the night. MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-214754_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-214754_Chrome.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 55
Good point. Knowing exactly what that random battery object is won’t suddenly bring anyone closer to knowing JL’s whereabouts.

For that matter, the testing of the rolled joints won’t really help with much of anything. A determination that they were laced might explain his state of mind at the the time of the accident. Are explanations really needed? Either way, he’s still missing.

jmo
Testing might determine whether he was a victim of foul play, as in whether his weed was spiked.
LE stated they were testing for a hallucinogen.
It is possible that they noticed something suspicious about the weed, possibly a smell suggesting this.
I imagine his disrobing may have led them to believe this as a possibility.
I'm still with the sleepwalking theory.
I'm considering his weed was tampered with.
I'm considering he was bullied, possibly followed by people he knew who knew how to freak him out.
I'm also considering he was run off the road, the breakdown vehicle would likely have covered tracks of another vehicle.
It's impossible to discard @MissMarple's theory that he was hit by a vehicle and his body moved, all of this because they determined it was a single vehicle crash without examining the road carefully.
He was heading back towards town where he at least knew some form of habitation existed and he could get help.
I believe the search was thorough and I believe the SAR teams were fully versed in all possibilities and would have searched accordingly.
I do not entertain the notion he was running away . I imagine he would have taken a different direction and there is no evidence so far to suggest this is a possibility.
After that, I'm stuck.

I think that’s the old style charger port on the right under the flasher button. Like my car, it used to have a cigarette lighter plugged into that port as standard. Remove it, and use an old style charger.

What’s that black thing on the floor? Looks like a cartridge from a vape maybe?

It looks like a AA battery to me. There is a second one in the back floorboard.

IMO, if the clothes were found near a bend in the road, then yes, someone drunk, high or simply surprised to come upon a young man walking [or undressing] in the middle of the road at that hour, could have hit him. If they had bars on the front of a vehicle, the bars would prevent any damage to the vehicle [the metal bars people attach to pickup trucks, semi trucks or law enforcement/emergency vehicles] to prevent damage from deer, hogs, other vehicles, etc. They are known by different names in different places [bull bar, push bumper, bumper bar, grille guard, etc.] Leaving his body along the road would allow him to be found. On autopsy, evidence would be found [marks on his body, etc] indicating that such an impact had occurred. I would imagine that only certain people traverse that road at that hour, likely locals, oil field workers, emergency vehicles, etc. If someone out there is known to have DUI's, or known to drive fast and carelessly down those gravel roads, LE would be paying them a visit to have a talk. If someone was seeking to avoid public humiliation, arrest, jail time, etc., they could have moved him elsewhere. If this occurred, now they live with fear and guilt. What a conundrum to find themselves in. Feeling terrible remorse for what they did, sympathy for the family, and knowing if they talk now, they are looking at a conviction and prison time. Again, only my thoughts of what may have occurred.
It's likely there would have still been evidence. The bars would not protect the vehicle completely from damage not the victim from bleeding. The victim's body will be thrown up, down, or sideways and is likely to then hit an area that is not protected by the bumper bars. Bumper bars reduce damage, but cannot totally prevent it. The driver would

I'm not knowledgeable on collisions at all but if a car did a pit maneuver as shown in this picture but from the opposite side, wouldn't the damage be similar to JLs car? I know LE has done their assessment of the scene but it was dark and in the middle of the night. MOO
There are several pictures of the car. look at those pictures for any damage that would correspond to a PIT maneuver. I don't see any.

My oil worker friend worked 12 hour shifts from noon to midnight or midnight to noon. If that is similar industry standard for local oil fields then the timing would fit the time frame for oil workers leaving or going to work in that area. MOO It's just a thought that an oil worker wanting to get home or to work encounters a slow moving car driven by a lost driver high from smoking weed and bumps it out of the way and keeps driving, not necessarily a pit maneuver.

What if, during that 67 minutes, he managed to find an inhabited home? What might happen next if a homeowner was awakened at midnight, in a very isolated setting, by a distressed and naked man? A homeowner might feel very threatened, no? This quiet student, who carefully packed up his beta, son of a preacher, completely harmless could well have looked like a crazy man, hopped up on something.

Could Jason have met with deadly foul play after the crash? An attempt to get help misinterpreted as an immediate threat?

Just trying to conjure ways to account for the fact he's still missing....

JMO

I have also thought about this too. Or someone already at home and sees a naked man on the property. That would creep me out!!! For me personally I would lock my doors and call the police. However people choose to deal with situations differently.

Poor kid just needs to be found..

jmo

To me, knowing a person's state of mind is an important part of finding them. If they are deceased, where and how they died can be theorized about using state of mind. Many a missing person would have been found more quickly if searchers knew whether they were or weren't in a rational frame of mind.

Many Fentanyl overdoses are not due to being laced on purpose. Simply placing drugs on the same scale that fentanyl was previously used on without cleaning the scale can be enough cross contamination and be a lethal enough dose to kill you. Many are selling drugs that they may not even know to be laced, but were rather cross contaminated higher up the food chain. Its bad business to kill your customers - and literally a SPEC of it on a pill can be enough to kill you. If it was lethal enough to kill one person it would be lethal enough for almost every person - and every single person would die. This lends more credence to it being cross contiminated as there are not uniform amounts on all the different pills/rocks/whatever.

As another poster said, if it was fentanyl, he wouldn't have gotten very far AT ALL. He'd be virtually immobile. I can't shake the feeling that there is another party involved that he encountered on SFR that fateful night.

Many Fentanyl overdoses are not due to being laced on purpose. Simply placing drugs on the same scale that fentanyl was previously used on without cleaning the scale can be enough cross contamination and be a lethal enough dose to kill you. Many are selling drugs that they may not even know to be laced, but were rather cross contaminated higher up the food chain. Its bad business to kill your customers - and literally a SPEC of it on a pill can be enough to kill you. If it was lethal enough to kill one person it would be lethal enough for almost every person - and every single person would die. This lends more credence to it being cross contiminated as there are not uniform amounts on all the different pills/rocks/whatever.

As another poster said, if it was fentanyl, he wouldn't have gotten very far AT ALL. He'd be virtually immobile. I can't shake the feeling that there is another party involved that he encountered on SFR that fateful night.
Yeah I do not think fentanyl is our culprit here. He wouldn’t have made it past the car IMO. Besides LE mentioned “hallucinogens” so if anything I think it would be just that, a hallucinogen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken