GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

I doubt she will hold back. Would love for him to get 30 years (I accept he is unlikely to get a whole life tariff) but 25-30 years minimum sentence would be about right i think. Any less than that then IMO it will be too lenient.
I’m still holding out for a whole life tariff and I wouldn’t take it off the table just yet.

10:13
Sentencing due at noon

Yesterday, a jury found Pawel Relowicz guilty of the rape and murder of Libby Squire after a two-week trials and a further week of deliberations.

Today, Justice Lambert, who has presided over the trial, will sentence Relowicz which is due to take place at noon.

Pawel Relowicz sentenced for Libby Squire rape and murder - updates

Definitely 12pm, thanks for the heads up @NottReds50 :)

10:13
Sentencing due at noon

Yesterday, a jury found Pawel Relowicz guilty of the rape and murder of Libby Squire after a two-week trials and a further week of deliberations.

Today, Justice Lambert, who has presided over the trial, will sentence Relowicz which is due to take place at noon.

Pawel Relowicz sentenced for Libby Squire rape and murder - updates

Definitely 12pm, thanks for the heads up @NottReds50 :)

Thank you for this @NottsRed as I had it down as 2pm. Did HDM print the incorrect time originally?

Staff can't do a lots a things but they still do it ;-)
I saw the letter now and in the background I see something like children bedding so yeah maybe it was she who send it (I don't really know what for I would prefer stay away from all this mess if I would be his wife) but I guess everyone have different needs ;-)
The newspaper would have paid her for it, and I hope she got a good price!

I mentioned before that my then, 13 year old daughter and my family were subjected to a year of this type of crime and this quote from that article "The trio called the police, who are now appealing for the man to get in touch with them directly" just about sums up how much effort & resources are put into catching and convicting this type of sex offender - not much!

Journalists are next on my list! - stop using phrases such as 'peeping Tom' & 'flasher' and writing articles that sensationalise or trivialise this type of sex offence. As with Libby ... these offences are most often leading up to rape and murder.

Take it seriously.
Yep - peeping Tom sounds so benign and joky.

Predatory sexual behaviour or sexual predator sounds far more apt. And I notice a few news sources have experts detailing that these crimes are precursors to more serious offences.

I mentioned before that my then, 13 year old daughter and my family were subjected to a year of this type of crime and this quote from that article "The trio called the police, who are now appealing for the man to get in touch with them directly" just about sums up how much effort & resources are put into catching and convicting this type of sex offender - not much!

Journalists are next on my list! - stop using phrases such as 'peeping Tom' & 'flasher' and writing articles that sensationalise or trivialise this type of sex offence. As with Libby ... these offences are most often leading up to rape and murder.

Take it seriously.
Very good points! I agree with everything you say here. A petition to parliament? JMO

Hoping he gets a long time in prison today. Just thinking, it’s a lot of responsibility on the judges shoulders not only in regards to sentencing but also summing up-making it articulate and punishing yet still having to balance that with clarity and empathy for any victims family and loved ones.
I couldn’t do it, it’d weigh too heavily on me so I have so much respect for everyone involved in this case (and all the rest, too many :() fighting for justice.

Thank you in advance to @jamjim for the posts today, you and @Niner have made this so easy to follow and I’m really grateful for you both taking your time to do this for us :)

Probably still protesting his innocence and doing the 'poor old Pawel' dance for anyone that will listen.
From the Mirror which is still a tabloid source but slightly better than the deadly trio of Sun, Mail and Express. It does have stuff about his background towards the bottom and about his wife - which as it's in the public domain should be ok.

The comment from a neighbour is a new and interesting insight into the 'loving husband and father' act. 'He shouted at her and treated her like a dog'.

I'm pretty sure the house in Raglan was rented so I'm guessing it's the landlord that's sold it

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-murdered-libby-squire-pays-23486473.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==#aoh=16131275080068&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-murdered-libby-squire-pays-23486473

ADMIN WARNING:

ALL images require a link to the source, otherwise it is a copyright violation.

We need a link to the source of that image of the letter or the post and all discussion about it will have to be removed.

I really hope we get some more detail on the evidence now the trial is over.

In some respects I am a bit surprised at 11 to 1 verdict.

At a 'cosmic" level, he is responsible for this, and Libby would be alive if he wasn't being a stalky, rapey offender - so I don't feel any sympathy for him - but I am not quite sure what happened I must say

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back