Found Deceased SC - Corey Morrison, 26, Surfside Beach, 8 Feb 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
HCPD is searching for Corey William Morrison, 26, who was last seen Feb. 8, 2021, around 1 a.m., near Murphy’s Law on Highway 17 Bypass outside of Myrtle Beach.

Morrison is approximately 5'9” and 120 lbs., with brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call HCPD at 843-248-1520.

148118814_3862173810515003_8362808971295134769_n.jpg

Facebook

Corey Morrison, 26, was last seen around 1 a.m. Monday near Murphy’s Law restaurant on Highway 17 Bypass near Surfside Beach.

Horry County police search for missing man last seen near bar in Surfside Beach area

ETA: Mod alerted about the thread's title, accidentally pressed Enter.

Police in Horry County neighborhood as search for missing man continues

The search for a missing man last seen early Monday morning is continuing in a Horry County neighborhood.

According to information from the Horry County Police Department, community members in the Azalea Lakes neighborhood off of the U.S. 17 Bypass will see officers in the area Wednesday.

This is in conjunction with the ongoing search for 26-year-old Corey Morrison, who was last seen around 1 a.m. Monday near Murphy’s Law restaurant off the U.S. 17 Bypass near Surfside Beach.

Family and friends continue search for 26-year-old man last seen near Myrtle Beach

The search party gathered at the Azalea Lakes Condos entrance where Morrison's car was found crashed in a ditch, according to a flyer.

According to Master Trooper Brian Lee, a vehicle registered in Morrison's name was attempting to turn left at Azalea Lakes Boulevard, but he was driving too fast for the conditions which led to him striking the ditch.

The driver of the vehicle was not located at the time of the collision.

Morrison was reported missing after he didn't show up for work on Monday, and after family and coworkers noticed that his phone was off.

There are 9 photos and a 42:25 min video at link. The video shows divers searching one of the retention ponds and gives a good view of the heavily traveled roadway and surrounding area.

It might be a good idea for them to search along the tree line on the opposite side of the highway. If Corey sustained an injury and/or was under the influence, he may have been disoriented. Another possible scenario is that he was struck by a passing vehicle and thrown some distance away from the scene. As such, he could be anywhere around that area. MOO

'I'll be out here no matter what:' Search continues for missing SC 26-year-old
Wednesday, February 10th 2021

When troopers found the car, Stead said the airbags were not deployed, but the windshield was busted out. “I guess the water was so high it was going up to his headrest," he said.
  • ...might've tried jogging home, which is a couple of miles away.
  • ...searched that ditch, and divers searched the retention pond next to it.
  • ...flew over the area with a helicopter, and ...searched the wooded area nearby.
  • ...searched the Socastee area, and around Murphy's Law.

Police, DNR search Socastee area for missing Horry County man

Officials said Thursday residents could expect to see county police and officers with the Department of Natural Resources in the Socastee area as they check locations where Morrison may have been seen. Earlier this week, Morrison’s car was found in the Azalea Lakes area along the Highway 17 Bypass.

There are 9 photos and a 42:25 min video at link. The video shows divers searching one of the retention ponds and gives a good view of the heavily traveled roadway and surrounding area.

It might be a good idea for them to search along the tree line on the opposite side of the highway. If Corey sustained an injury and/or was under the influence, he may have been disoriented. Another possible scenario is that he was struck by a passing vehicle and thrown some distance away from the scene. As such, he could be anywhere around that area. MOO

'I'll be out here no matter what:' Search continues for missing SC 26-year-old
Wednesday, February 10th 2021

When troopers found the car, Stead said the airbags were not deployed, but the windshield was busted out. “I guess the water was so high it was going up to his headrest," he said.
  • ...might've tried jogging home, which is a couple of miles away.
  • ...searched that ditch, and divers searched the retention pond next to it.
  • ...flew over the area with a helicopter, and ...searched the wooded area nearby.
  • ...searched the Socastee area, and around Murphy's Law.
I was thinking about this. I recently went into a ditch because I couldn’t see the driveway at night, so I know it can happen to the best of us.

I’m somewhat familiar with the area, having vacationed nearby many times.

*If* he was under the influence, he may have tried to get home by going along the tree line or through backyards, staying in the shadows to avoid being questioned about the wreck. It seems as a marathon runner, he normally would have had no problem getting home, but it was cold and it sounds like he was soaking wet. There are so many ponds in “Azalea Lakes.” I feel so, so bad for his cousin.

Interesting comments.
Horry County Police Department
10 Feb 2021
1f6a8.png
MISSING PERSON - SEARCH ONGOING
1f6a8.png

The search for Corey William Morrison, 26, continues at this time across the Socastee area.
Per our typical procedures, we have called for assistance from our public safety partners. Community members may see HCPD officers, Horry County Fire Rescue,
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
, and SLED performing searches on foot and by air.

Morrison was last seen Feb. 8, 2021, around 1 a.m. near Murphy’s Law outside of Myrtle Beach. His car was later found near the Azalea Lakes neighborhood off of Highway 17 Bypass.
Morrison is approximately 5’9” and 120 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information regarding Morrison’s whereabouts is asked to call HCPD at 843-248-1520

Interesting comments.
Horry County Police Department
10 Feb 2021
1f6a8.png
MISSING PERSON - SEARCH ONGOING
1f6a8.png

The search for Corey William Morrison, 26, continues at this time across the Socastee area.
Per our typical procedures, we have called for assistance from our public safety partners. Community members may see HCPD officers, Horry County Fire Rescue,
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
, and SLED performing searches on foot and by air.

Morrison was last seen Feb. 8, 2021, around 1 a.m. near Murphy’s Law outside of Myrtle Beach. His car was later found near the Azalea Lakes neighborhood off of Highway 17 Bypass.
Morrison is approximately 5’9” and 120 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information regarding Morrison’s whereabouts is asked to call HCPD at 843-248-1520

There are additional interesting and IMO informative comments continuously being posted.

Here’s a map of the intersection. South Strand Medical Center is within easy walking distance of the crash site. I wonder if Corey may have tried to walk himself to the ER. If so, there are a couple of places he could have been hit by a passerby and thrown into a ditch. I almost refuse to drive on 17 because people drive so fast. It would have been very dark in that area. :-( I wonder if they have thought to search there.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
We've been seeing so many weird MP cases where people get setup for a scam, robbery, car-jacking, bad drug deal, etc. I can't help but wonder whether something similar to this happened in Corey's disappearance. I tried mapping the location to find out how far it is away from the site of Corey's accident but I had no luck finding Sheffield Parkway. :oops:

22-year-old suspect identified in carjacking on Highway 17, officials say
Horry County Fire Rescue responded to a two-vehicle incident connected to a carjacking on Highway 17 Bypass and Sheffield Parkway Thursday at 2:46 p.m., according to spokesperson Tony Casey.

https://twitter.com/horrycountypd/s...ounty-fire-rescue-vehicle-incident-highway-17
#HCPD is investigating a carjacking that took place around 2:46 p.m. near HWY 17 Bypass and Sheffield PKWY. The subject has been identified and police are searching for them. The subject is driving a stolen 2013 red Hyundai Elantra with SC plate LJP-611.

Prior to the carjacking, a related car crash did occur in the area and
@hcfirerescue
did respond to the scene. No injuries were reported in that wreck. Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the stolen vehicle is asked to call #HCPD at 843-248-1520.

We've been seeing so many weird MP cases where people get setup for a scam, robbery, car-jacking, bad drug deal, etc. I can't help but wonder whether something similar to this happened in Corey's disappearance. I tried mapping the location to find out how far it is away from the site of Corey's accident but I had no luck finding Sheffield Parkway. :oops:

22-year-old suspect identified in carjacking on Highway 17, officials say
Horry County Fire Rescue responded to a two-vehicle incident connected to a carjacking on Highway 17 Bypass and Sheffield Parkway Thursday at 2:46 p.m., according to spokesperson Tony Casey.

https://twitter.com/horrycountypd/status/1359964409272168452?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1360034497798959104|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-county-fire-rescue-vehicle-incident-highway-17
#HCPD is investigating a carjacking that took place around 2:46 p.m. near HWY 17 Bypass and Sheffield PKWY. The subject has been identified and police are searching for them. The subject is driving a stolen 2013 red Hyundai Elantra with SC plate LJP-611.

Prior to the carjacking, a related car crash did occur in the area and
@hcfirerescue
did respond to the scene. No injuries were reported in that wreck. Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the stolen vehicle is asked to call #HCPD at 843-248-1520.
OMG. Sheffield Pkwy doesn’t show up on Google anywhere, but the Socastee Middle School gives a Sheffield Pkwy address. I still had no luck finding the school on Google or Waze, but then I saw another address for the school listed as 151 Esso Dr. To make a long story short, Sheffield Drive shows up on Waze if you search for Esso Drive. Guess where Sheffield Drive is? The intersection before Azalea Lakes, where you turn to go to South Strand Medical Center that I mentioned before! Yikes! I think it’s very possible this could be connected to a carjacking. That means they could be looking in the entirely wrong place for Corey. They need to lean on this guy for info about other attempted carjackings. IMO.

I can’t get the Waze map to link, but if you go there, put in South Strand Medical Center and you’ll see it.

Last edited:
Made an account to post this. Im one of his recent former roomates ( lived together about a year and a half)

Not sure if it helps but

Carjacking to me seems unlikely and maybe would happen only if he didnt leave murphies alone. Corey wouldn't have stopped late night leaving murphs to pick someone up. Maybe something else that hasnt been brought up but he also was besides drinking a sober fella. No weed dope etc.

I thought maybe wildlife could be a cause but the lack of evidence. If his car wasnt reported till 3am Ima wondering if he even made it to the resting place of his vehicle.
He was the kinda guy you could ask damn near anything and hed say yes.

Maybe they have but id be checking his bank records and seeing if I coulf establish an actual route using accumulated video from various storefronts along the road he would have most likely used. At the very least they could sort of track him to a certain point throughout that night.

Miss you man :(

Made an account to post this. Im one of his recent former roomates ( lived together about a year and a half)

Not sure if it helps but

Carjacking to me seems unlikely and maybe would happen only if he didnt leave murphies alone. Corey wouldn't have stopped late night leaving murphs to pick someone up. Maybe something else that hasnt been brought up but he also was besides drinking a sober fella. No weed dope etc.

I thought maybe wildlife could be a cause but the lack of evidence. If his car wasnt reported till 3am Ima wondering if he even made it to the resting place of his vehicle.
He was the kinda guy you could ask damn near anything and hed say yes.

Maybe they have but id be checking his bank records and seeing if I coulf establish an actual route using accumulated video from various storefronts along the road he would have most likely used. At the very least they could sort of track him to a certain point throughout that night.

Miss you man :(
Welcome to WS. I’m so sorry your friend is missing. I was thinking of a possible carjacking at a stoplight. Would that not be possible in your opinion? I’m seeing lots of stoplights between Murphy’s Law and the accident scene.

Mikayla Moskov, spokesperson for the Horry County Police Department, said CUE, a missing persons organization out of North Carolina, has a large search team out across Socastee Friday aiding in the search for 26-year-old Corey Morrison. That team includes about a dozen search dogs, she added.
Additionally, officers and members of Horry County Fire Rescue are out on local waterways, with the dive team also in some of the water sources throughout the Azalea Lakes community.

Search dogs, excavator brought in to assist in search for missing Horry County man

Hey guys. I live in Myrtle Beach and my parents live in the Socastee area, specifically. I see that someone already mentioned the carjacking that occurred the other night but just wanted to reiterate that. It seems there’s been a lot of that — carjackings and robberies and so forth — happening all over Horry County in the last few weeks or so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back