Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with the caregivers is that they are usually younger, with kids...and it seems to me that every single person who gets Covid, has a kid in the "chain" that they were exposed to someone who had exposure to a child....
Also, where do they take their breaks? Which toilets do they use? Do they make each other coffee? These are all work team hot spots.

Anaphylaxis After Vaccination for COVID-19 in the US

February 12, 2021
Reports of Anaphylaxis After Receipt of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines in the US—December 14, 2020-January 18, 2021

aiqeKQcq

12 locally acquired---- ??--- but are they all directly related to the returned travelers ??

Yes. It started with a quarantine hotel exposure to a family of three who arrived back in Australia infected. One family member was using a nebuliser. They have combed through thousands of hours of CCTV and have found no hotel breaches, and are thinking the nebuliser mist started the spread.

Premier Daniel Andrews said the outbreak, which started with a family of three at Melbourne Airport's Holiday Inn, was "moving at a velocity that has not been seen anywhere in our country over the course of these last 12 months".

Exposure sites linked to the Holiday Inn outbreak include the entirety of Melbourne Airport Terminal 4 between 4:45am and 2:00pm on Tuesday, when authorities estimate up to 5,000 people passed through the terminal.

"This is not the 2020 virus, this is different, this is something very, very different," he said.
Victorian authorities brace for more cases as five-day lockdown begins

An earlier article about the nebuliser:
Melbourne's Holiday Inn cluster has now grown to eight people. Here's what we know

Oh my gosh! That's really bad! Why they thought that was okay is beyond me. I have a feeling this will come back to haunt Cuomo and the rest of his staff. Lies like that -- ones that cover-up thousands of deaths -- are the kinds of lies politicians get impeached over.

They should have known better.

I hope there is accountability for this. It's disgraceful, and he needs to resign. He probably won't, but I think there will be prosecutions and lawsuits down the line. Rightfully so.

This whole pandemic really ruined things for my classroom IMO. I remember my last real in-person Halloween, Christmas, etc. I'd make these little gifts for my students that they could trade, etc. Now I can't really do that. Since Wednesday was my last in-person day with my B group, (just like A group) I gave them all valentines candy (a small box of candy hearts) as a gift. Valentines Day can be so painful for middle schoolers who feel left out, etc. I make sure those kiddos feel special, we'd do history-related trivia on love and stuff, where prizes and stuff would be given out and traded. I can't do that anymore because of COVID. It just sucks oh so badly. :(

This whole pandemic really ruined things for my classroom IMO. I remember my last real in-person Halloween, Christmas, etc. I'd make these little gifts for my students that they could trade, etc. Now I can't really do that. Since Wednesday was my last in-person day with my B group, (just like A group) I gave them all valentines candy (a small box of candy hearts) as a gift. Valentines Day can be so painful for middle schoolers who feel left out, etc. I make sure those kiddos feel special, we'd do history-related trivia on love and stuff, where prizes and stuff would be given out and traded. I can't do that anymore because of COVID. It just sucks oh so badly. :(
Lucky kids, thats so thoughtful. How are you feeling after your jab?

I can't fathom how sad some of the extravertive kids must feel during this isolating pandemic, it must be hard for them. However, I think this pandemic really helped introvertive kids who needed a break from reality though. Back in spring 2020 when kids were all online, I made sure my kiddos had some time on the zooms to chat, etc. I'd only do notes for about 15 minutes and the kids could socialize for the final 35 minutes of zoom or take a break.

Things are a really big worry in the Amazon region. I realise this has no local interest for many, but it is a terrible thing.
Brazil has had a denier of a president.
Doctors Without Borders is going through a massive struggle there.

Brazil: COVID-19 disaster unfolding in Amazon

MSF teams struggle to keep up as COVID-19 cases surge, health system collapses.

All intensive care unit beds are full, there are long waiting lists of people seeking care for severe or critical cases, and there’s no capacity to transfer people from rural towns to the capital for advanced treatment.

The MSF team has coached and trained the doctors and nurses at this hospital on how to care for critical COVID-19 patients on oxygen. However, the lack of oxygen supply itself is a permanent worry.

Staff—both medical and non-medical—working in this emergency unit and in the bigger hospitals in the region are grappling with the emotional burden of having multiple patients die each day.

Thanks Scoutce. From my research, people on dialysis seemed to be just as vulnerable as those who had a kidney transplant. Good to hear about your BIL. Can I ask you where you live? I am close to Toronto, in a city known as as a world class organ transplant center, so this is surprising to see the difference in protocol.

I live in Louisiana and NOT a world class medical area. But the dialysis patients are responding well to vaccine in my very very very limited view. Again, hope the best for your daughter.

I wear two surgical masks: I don't find it too difficult--- i might try a cloth mask over the surgical mask. My husband has been vaccinated- He is protected but I cannot get my vaccination yet- I have told him not to act like superman since he has to protect me--

Yes, I cannot imagine two N95! I've been wearing a cloth mask over a vented N95 since last March. ;):oops: I rarely wear as I don't go out much - trunk pick ups and dr. visits are it. At doc, double mask and a face shield. Last week I had to mail something very important and timely, so I went to my post office to put in their drop box at the curb. Alas! They were GONE! I had to scoot in really quick to put in the inside drop box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member