TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible Jason was not alone on Salt Flat Road that night. Maybe someone, a friend, was traveling with him, but in their own car. Both panicked after the wreck, maybe they were both intoxicated... but were able to leave (in the friend's car) before the firefighter arrived.

Probably not likely though...

I think he is still out there, near Salt Flat Road, but just hasn't been found yet.

<moo>

Hopefully, the car was dusted for fingerprints, and measurements taken of the drivers seat adjustment to measure if it was typical for Jason’s height. Just to confirm that Jason was likely driving his own car.

You do raise a good point that someone could have been traveling along with him in a second car.

jmo

I think what would be interesting in this case, is a very thorough map with all Jason's contacts' home addresses (phone contacts, Snapchat, classmates, anyone he recently communicated with etc) marked with a pin. Not for our eyes of course, but for LE and Jason's family. At any given time that I was living on or near my university campus, I knew students with home addresses in every direction heading out of my university's city. For a sociable student who has gotten to know people at college, most roads out of the city, and beyond, will lead to someone's house, even the dirt roads. I wonder who Jason's contacts, closest to the road his car was found on, are, and if they have any knowledge of why he was in that area.

Has anyone come forward to say they received a Snapchat message from JL around the time of his disappearance? If it’s been said in MSM, I may have missed it.
I don’t think we know that. Or perhaps I’ve missed it too? I’m sure LE has spoken to his friends/roommates. I sooooooooo wish we knew what they’ve said!

Has anyone come forward to say they received a Snapchat message from JL around the time of his disappearance? If it’s been said in MSM, I may have missed it.
No. His Dad was asked in that long U tube interview.. I was surprised to hear that answer. I was full sure the person had come forward long ago...
but it may just have been an old message he was retrieving, no way of knowing how seldom or frequently he used it or whether or not it was his main channel of communication with his friends.
BUT, deep breath, if it was a recent convo and the other party has not yet come forward, it could indicate something else is going on.

LE released a driving timeline of Jason's trip down from San Marcos. They listed points that coincided with highway overpasses and intersections. Were these traffic cameras? Did they check to see if there was any other vehicle spotted behind him at these time line checks? It might tell us if he was being followed, for good or bad, or whether he was alone in the car.

Last edited:
If they have access to his mobile history, maybe they can see a pattern if he used Waze often and then turned it off and used Snapchat, maybe he did this before when meeting people or going places. If he has done that before, maybe they can see a pattern or at least a few times he did this before and pinpoint why and what he might have been doing (assuming he did that on purpose because his parents house wasn't the destination that evening)

That's a REALLY good point. Was this particular Waze to SC change a one-off, or normal for him to do? Thanks for bringing that up.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the car was dusted for fingerprints, and measurements taken of the drivers seat adjustment to measure if it was typical for Jason’s height. Just to confirm that Jason was likely driving his own car.

You do raise a good point that someone could have been traveling along with him in a second car.

jmo

I didn't see any indication of the car being fingerprinted as they for sure didn't do a thing about cleaning the car up for auction. Like at ALL. Or are today's fingerprinting methods clean and leave no trace? I thought it was like a black powder or something.

LE released a driving timeline of Jason's trip down from San Marcos. They listed points that coincided with highway overpasses and intersections. Were these traffic cameras? Did they check to see if there was any other vehicle spotted behind him at these time line checks? It might tell us if he was being followed, for good or bad, or whether he was alone in the car.

No, these were most likely from his Google Maps. Your phone is always pinging against servers and towers even if a connection is not established.

Is it possible to make a good assessment of an accident scene when it's pitch black outside? What kind of lighting would LE use? Maybe they're just that experienced and familiar with the dynamics of auto accidents they can tell without much visibility and investigation. Maybe it was a thorough investigation but how could you see everything in the dark?

I'm not familiar with Waze but another poster said that all users can see other Waze users on the road. Could he have closed Waze so that other Waze users couldn't see him and his location on Waze? He didn't want someone to see his location and was trying to lose someone who was following or harassing him? Is that a possibility?

If they have access to his mobile history, maybe they can see a pattern if he used Waze often and then turned it off and used Snapchat, maybe he did this before when meeting people or going places. If he has done that before, maybe they can see a pattern or at least a few times he did this before and pinpoint why and what he might have been doing (assuming he did that on purpose because his parents house wasn't the destination that evening)
My understanding from what KL said in the BrainScratch video was that the phone is locked and they don't have the passcode/number to unlock it to review the contents.

I'm not familiar with Waze but another poster said that all users can see other Waze users on the road. Could he have closed Waze so that other Waze users couldn't see him and his location on Waze? He didn't want someone to see his location and was trying to lose someone who was following or harassing him? Is that a possibility?
There’s a setting that allows users to make themselves invisible — so they don’t show on the map.

Waze doesn't tell me who the other users are though unless I am friends with them or have connected my contact list to Waze.
I may see other cars, but don't know who they are.

Here is what a user sees when looking at Waze. The little characters are other users using Waze and I have selected one to show what you see about that user. These are the default settings. I hope this helps.

I don't use Snapchat, but understand a little about how it works. This new feature isn't something I knew about! I wonder if it's possible for the police to find out specifically who he gave permission to to track him? If he felt uneasy about something (strange car following him or something like that), maybe he turned Waze off so he could turn on Snapchat and allow someone to know where he was in order to come get him? If the Snapchat thing happened after he crashed, i would think maybe he did that in order for a friend to come get him if he was afraid to call the police for help since he crashed (maybe due to the marijuana in his backpack or fear of being in trouble for the crash, etc). The timing of the switch from Waze to Snapchat is odd.
You can set your map to be viewable to all of your friends, select ones, or no one. If you select to be invisible to everyone, you can still see friends who share their location. IMO if he had it set to “all” or “none” it definitely wouldn’t tell much. FWIW the Snap Map is usually very accurate. So much so that I can tell which part of my very small house I’m in when I look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member