UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

the police should be hauled over the coals for that "investigation".

The area surrounding Glen Nevis has seen a few disappearances a few years back as well, i remember Eric Cyl disappearing whilst hiking the Ring of Steall and then another 2 within a 30 mile radius not too long after. As far as i know none were ever found. I know these are big areas but the sheer number of hikers, you would think someone would have came across something. Always makes me suspicious of whats happened.

EDIT - Search for two hillwalkers missing for over a year in Highlands | Press and Journal

the police should be hauled over the coals for that "investigation".

The area surrounding Glen Nevis has seen a few disappearances a few years back as well, i remember Eric Cyl disappearing whilst hiking the Ring of Steall and then another 2 within a 30 mile radius not too long after. As far as i know none were ever found. I know these are big areas but the sheer number of hikers, you would think someone would have came across something. Always makes me suspicious of whats happened.

EDIT - Search for two hillwalkers missing for over a year in Highlands | Press and Journal

Well, it's a big area as you say, so I think you'd expect walkers and climbers to go missing from time to time but Nicholas Randall's body, like Tony Parsons was found in Auch, which feels more statistically interesting to me.

Until the post mortem is complete and there's strong, provable evidence of what's happened, i don't think there'll be further arrests.

Hope the family get justice however long it takes
Does anyone know how long post mortems typically take for (presumably lightly decomposed) bodies in what is presumably now a murder investigation?

I've not been on this website for a long time and Tony's disappearance has always been on my mind. I'm so glad his body has finally been found but it is utterly heartbreaking to see that he has been murdered. I didn't expect that at all. I really can't believe it. Poor Tony, I really hope he didn't suffer and it was quick and painless. I hope his family will be OK and that those who took his life will rot in jail. If he had just stayed at the hotel when the person suggested he did he would still be alive today. My heart goes out to Tony and to everyone involved. RIP Tony.

I've always wanted to walk along the WHW in that area but the link re the mysteriousness surrounding bridge of orchy has put me off. I have camped around that area a couple of times too.

Until the results of the post-mortem and subsequent charges are made public, I don't think we can assume either way whether it's murder or manslaughter. The most reasonable theory (in my opinion) is the pair hit Tony with their vehicle, realised they'd killed him and buried him on the estate to cover it up. In that case it wouldn't meet the 'premeditation' criteria for murder. I'm not a legal expert though.

I've always wanted to walk along the WHW in that area but the link re the mysteriousness surrounding bridge of orchy has put me off. I have camped around that area a couple of times too.
If it makes you feel any better, Bridge of Orchy is not a particular murder/missing person hotspot. Here is a map of (some) missing people in Scotland, originally from this reddit post.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back