GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

Ita.
Conspiracy to commit murder ?
I think she knew what was going to happen.
And did nothing.
Imo.
My general understanding is that people cannot be charged for simply for simply failing to inform the authorities of the criminal intents of others.

This could be due to the difficulty of establishing that somebody truly knew the other person's intent and a general judicial philosophy that citizens are not obligated to inform on other citizens.

Conspiracy charges seem to need the person having the same intent, and taking a direct step to facilitate that intent. Another possibility perhaps could Accessory before the fact. Maybe the prosecutor would not have to show same intent. Rather, awareness of the intent and a willingness to actively provide support.

Another possibility could be Accessory After the Fact type charges. I think, however, that would require that she actively hid or destroyed evidence.

Simply lying to the police, even regarding extremely serious crimes, seems to be either not chargeable, or very difficult to charge.

Last edited:
I am local, and I know the family of the accused think he's innocent.
Nobody in her fam has said a word.

I wonder if it’s the second young man...not the boyfriend. He may have had no idea thus would end in an execution of the parents.

What us heartbreaking here is the extent to,which the parents indulged this daughter. They let her boyfriend move into her room, though she was only 16. When they refused to obey Covid protocols, though it put her Mother at risk, they rented them their own place and gave them a car. There doesn’t seem to be any love or respect in return, just such a sense of obscene entitlement.

Simply lying to the police said:
But see what happened to Sidney Moorer:

Moorer told the cops he had not spoken to Heather Elvis in a long time.

When they told him they had proof he had called Heather the night she went missing, Moorer changed his story and admitted his telephone call to Heather.

For this lie of very short duration, Sidney Moorer was tried and found guilty of obstruction of justice. He was then sentenced to 10 years in prison for the crime.

So lying to the police may actually earn you an extended all-expenses paid stay at the Graybar Hotel!

Miriam probably cut a deal.

Last edited:
My general understanding is that people cannot be charged for simply for simply failing to inform the authorities of the criminal intents of others.

This could be due to the difficulty of establishing that somebody truly knew the other person's intent and a general judicial philosophy that citizens are not obligated to inform on other citizens.

Conspiracy charges seem to need the person having the same intent, and taking a direct step to facilitate that intent. Another possibility perhaps could Accessory before the fact. Maybe the prosecutor would not have to show same intent. Rather, awareness of the intent and a willingness to actively provide support.

Another possibility could be Accessory After the Fact type charges. I think, however, that would require that she actively hid or destroyed evidence.

Simply lying to the police, even regarding extremely serious crimes, seems to be either not chargeable, or very difficult to charge.

I wonder if it’s the second young man...not the boyfriend. He may have had no idea thus would end in an execution of the parents.

I suspect the you could well be right. I have a sneaking suspicion that the circumstances leading to his involvement could be:

- Dimwitted, but still very responsible for his actions secondary perpetrator agree to join a vaguely articulated criminal act. The criminal act itself is subject to change based on the whims of the lead perpetrator.

- Perhaps crime could have started as a vague strong arm robbery. For example, arrive at the victim's home and coerce some "bands of cash" and other expected bling.

- But something changes. The lack of "bands of cash" and mandatory bling items enrage the lead perpetrator? Maybe he has fantasies of a "narco life" and narcos always do "X". Or thought that Covid lock downs were signaling the start of a Mad Max era with no rules and no concequences?

- The victims are ordered out of the home. The secondary perpetrator just goes along with the leads orders. He may think the new plan is to force ATM withdrawals. By the time the execution starts, he is in too deep and lacks intelligence to bolt or to try to change the lead perpetrator's mind.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back