Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when people celebrate having their vaccine. It is a good news story. I also hope it helps to sway some sceptics towards getting their jab.

I do understand your concern @mickey2942 - I am diabetic, and diabetics fare pretty badly with this virus, so I am anxious to have my vaccine too. But every vaccine we hear about others having is one vaccine closer to ours :)

Negative Post Rant...

I am SO tired of people proclaiming how awesome it is that they are vaccinated. Great.

No date in sight for vaccine for me. Meanwhile, I am still going to work every day. I guess that I am not "essential", but somehow I am still expected to go to work every day.

Just extremely negative about people who joyously proclaim their vaccine status, when so many of us have zero opportunity for a vaccine.

I can understand how you feel, especially when as you say, your turn seems a long way away. The fact the vaccinations are happening to people we know gives hope that things could begin to return to some sort of normality in the not too distant future.

Hang on in there,spring is just around the corner. Your time will come soon.

Take care *advertiser censored*

Negative Post Rant...

I am SO tired of people proclaiming how awesome it is that they are vaccinated. Great.

No date in sight for vaccine for me. Meanwhile, I am still going to work every day. I guess that I am not "essential", but somehow I am still expected to go to work every day.

Just extremely negative about people who joyously proclaim their vaccine status, when so many of us have zero opportunity for a vaccine.

Thanks for sharing with us your viewpoint. I won't get for a long time perhaps, and was intending to share with others to share my joy, and to share with those that I agree with getting the vaccine.

With your post, you have educated me to perhaps support others to get such, and acknowledge in the same post that there are many who yet have no opportunity. And educated me not to be joyous in getting such.

I too am saddened and in angst with many that those in third world countries have ZERO opportunity until next year perhaps to even get a good roll out.

I like it when people celebrate having their vaccine. It is a good news story. I also hope it helps to sway some sceptics towards getting their jab.

I do understand your concern @mickey2942 - I am diabetic, and diabetics fare pretty badly with this virus, so I am anxious to have my vaccine too. But every vaccine we hear about others having is one vaccine closer to ours :)
So true.

Mr HKP has asthma and has to commute to London by train for work. I'll be much happier when he has his too.

Negative Post Rant...

I can relate since it could be months before I can get the vaccine. In the meantime, I keep telling myself that as each person gets a shot, the world becomes a little bit safer for everyone--me, included!

Let's cross our fingers--and our toes--that we stay healthy until it's finally our turn.

I’m trying to figure out why they have included type 2 diabetics but excluded type 1?

Does diabetes qualify for vaccine priority in Mass.? Depends on which type. | Boston.com

I am glad to hear that other people are getting vaccinated, each jab is a victory for all of us, we are all one step closer to being free of the pandemic.

What's supposed to happen, no one can get the vaccine until all 7+ billion get it simultaneously?

Yes it is. And it's also one more kick in the teeth at this virus. The more people are vaccinated, the fewer chances the virus has to find another host.

Negative Post Rant...

I’m sorry, @mickey2942. To me, this means you have a strong belief in the vaccine and the science and for what it means for the recovery of our nation. Thank you for your caring in this way! I worry about those that refuse the vaccine, even if it is available to them.

I’m one who announced my dose #1 experience here, because I was happy—yes, but also to shed some light on how the process was for getting the appointment and actual wait in the mass drive up location.

I wish my adult children would be able to get the vaccine right away, too, but like you, they must wait. I don’t know your age, but maybe try to think of us as some older loved one in your life. I don’t like to think of myself as “old”, but I guess I am, according to how they’re distributing the vaccine to those 65+. I know my kids were relieved when I and their dad were able to get it. We’re all in this together, right? I can’t wait until you (and my kids, too) can get the vaccine! Hugs to you.

Negative Post Rant...

I am so frustrated at not being able to get the vaccine i could scream- my husband got his two shots and i cannot get one. I am over 75 years of age and still cannot get vaccinated. I am registered with my county Dept of Health and 4 different hospital Systems, where I have been a patient. They are vaccinating at Rite Aid down the block from me and I still cannot get vaccinated. I just don't get it. I am afraid of the vaccine, but I will get it, since I am more afraid of Covid.

I am so frustrated at not being able to get the vaccine i could scream- my husband got his two shots and i cannot get one. I am over 75 years of age and still cannot get vaccinated. I am registered with my county Dept of Health and 4 different hospital Systems, where I have been a patient. They are vaccinating at Rite Aid down the block from me and I still cannot get vaccinated. I just don't get it. I am afraid of the vaccine, but I will get it, since I am more afraid of Covid.

I understand completely. People I work with proudly display their vaccine status, as if they are "Superman" now. While I continue to huddle behind my mask, using hand sanitizer constantly. I am tired of staying at home, not seeing my family and friends. My life continues to be stalled, while they excitedly plan trips.

Is it jealousy? Anger? Rage at the unfairness of it all? I guess I am supposed to be happy and thrilled for others...I don't feel that way. I am negative and frustrated. Seething with a negative attitude and energy that is unlike my normal self.

I understand completely. People I work with proudly display their vaccine status, as if they are "Superman" now. While I continue to huddle behind my mask, using hand sanitizer constantly. I am tired of staying at home, not seeing my family and friends. My life continues to be stalled, while they excitedly plan trips.

Is it jealousy? Anger? Rage at the unfairness of it all? I guess I am supposed to be happy and thrilled for others...I don't feel that way. I am negative and frustrated. Seething with a negative attitude and energy that is unlike my normal self.
And how long will you have to wait? Not for eternity, not for years, not for months. Weeks, days, hours? Why not brag about that?

Edited to add: Vaccine rage, is that a new thing, like road rage?

Those coworkers should be continuing to wear their masks. Are they? We just don’t know if those vaccinated can still carry the virus and pass it to those who haven’t been vaccinated yet. At least, that’s how I understand it. MOO

This pandemic and the isolation has been so hard for many. I think getting your feelings off your chest by being honest here just shows you are human. @mickey2942, take care!

I’m so sorry you’re struggling with this @mickey2942. I can understand how frustrating it must be. But I can’t understand why those who have received the vaccine think their lives can return to normal now that they have been vaccinated. They are woefully uninformed. They are not immune and can carry the virus asymptomatically and give it to others. According to Dr Fauci we need to get to 70-85% vaccinated to reach herd immunity and some semblance of normality. I assume my husband and I have a certain amount of temporary immunity having had Covid and taken the monoclonal antibody treatment. We have to wait 90 days after our treatment to get the vaccine (until about April). But there is no way we are letting up on our precautions even after we are vaccinated. We will wait until Dr Fauci and our county public health department gives the “all clear.” Seeing friends or traveling is not worth the risk to ourselves or our friends IMO. So knowing what the real deal is, you are not worse off than y0ur uninformed and clueless co-workers. You’re doing what they still should be doing. It’s too bad they aren’t given this information when they are vaccinated...or maybe they ignore it.

It’s hard when you want the vaccine so you can hug your elderly parents, have the ability to see your grandkids, touch the hand of your best friend who lost her partner this year or some semblance of life as I knew it.

Not seeing family and friends for 11 months, mourning the life you had before last March. A fulfilling job, opportunities to see family, just a glass of wine with a good friend.

All absent.

July/August does seem so far away in my mind. Maybe it’s depression. Sadness. Or a mixture of many conflicting emotions at the situation and not at particular people.
Don’t know if that makes sense, but JMO.

I’m so sorry you’re struggling with this @mickey2942. I can understand how frustrating it must be. But I can’t understand why those who have received the vaccine think their lives can return to normal now that they have been vaccinated. They are woefully uninformed. They are not immune and can carry the virus asymptomatically and give it to others. According to Dr Fauci we need to get to 70-85% vaccinated to reach herd immunity and some semblance of normality. I assume my husband and I have a certain amount of temporary immunity having had Covid and taken the monoclonal antibody treatment. We have to wait 90 days after our treatment to get the vaccine (until about April). But there is no way we are letting up on our precautions even after we are vaccinated. We will wait until Dr Fauci and our county public health department gives the “all clear.” Seeing friends or traveling is not worth the risk to ourselves or our friends IMO. So knowing what the real deal is, you are not worse off than y0ur uninformed and clueless co-workers. You’re doing what they still should be doing. It’s too bad they aren’t given this information when they are vaccinated...or maybe they ignore it.
That part has been left out. JMO
It’s not being told to people getting the vaccine. I know 5 people that got the vaccine recently and no one told them and the paperwork made no mention of that fact. Heck, we don’t even know how long the immunity lasts? 3 months? 6?

Is it jealousy? Anger? Rage at the unfairness of it all? I guess I am supposed to be happy and thrilled for others...I don't feel that way. I am negative and frustrated. Seething with a negative attitude and energy that is unlike my normal self

I want everyone that can get vaccinated to get vaccinated: the more people that are vaccinated the better off we all will be: however, I am po'd that no matter that I am in the vulnerable category, and no matter how many health systems I am registered with (not including Meiers), I am not being contacted for an appt- it is ridiculous. I think the rollout is a haphazard mess---- the way I see it, they should vaccinate people who live in the same household: my husband is vaccinated - I am not, does that make any sense? no---- I think a person needs to be a bull dog to bypass the ways we are told to get an appt- which is wait to be contacted.

For example, I have two friends: they went to a hospital system building-- one of my friends told them she had an appt when she didn't-- she got an appt that day and just had her second shot. My other friend went to a hospital and said he wanted to make an appt- and got one- this was after trying to register on that hospital site and calling endlessly with no response.

I think you have to think out of the box to get yourself an appt and I am thinking of how to do that- otherwise it could be April before I get vaccinated and that is way too long at my age for sure.

Last edited:
Negative Post Rant...

I apologize for my post stating I received the vaccine
I wasn't aware that it was upsetting to others but now I understand it can be

I only qualified in my state because of my age
Not because I deserved it more than you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics