FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020 *Reward*

‎Unfinished Business: Cieha Taylor on Apple Podcasts

This HCSO aired their podcast on Cieha’s case. Chad Chronister is the sheriff and is the main person sharing info throughout the episode.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I mean IMO...quite full of information I wasn’t quite aware of or the sheriff shared details I didn’t know about.

Based on HCSO:
•Cieha was living in Plant City with her on & off boyfriend and his friend.
•Feb 6 around 4pm, Cieha left the house
•LE spoke to the boyfriend, friend, and the friend’s parents. Parents didn’t have much interaction with her, but the two guys stated Cieha was acting strange like she was having a mental crisis.
•LE downloaded info from her phone and interviewed those she last spoke to.
•One person was a friend in Lakeland that Cieha stayed with a lot; she was supposedly on her way to the friend’s house (6th) but never made it. That friend also stated she sounded strange.
•Still Feb 6, a citizen saw her car and called it in to LE; they got out to check and noticed the car was running and that it was facing northbound on tracks
•HCSO & PCPD responded to the scene. The deputy & officer made the decision to move the car since it was obstructing an active railroad line
•Feb 9, the boyfriend’s mother sees the car on the side of road & calls the boyfriend. He comes down to the car and then calls the Lakeland friend; that friend comes down and they decide to drive the car to Cieha’s mom’s house. Oh and they got AAA to unlock it for them.
•10th, LE searches vehicle & collects evidence. Only fingerprints are Cieha’s and people she knows like the boyfriend and friends, etc
•there have been several searches and some leads but they’ve ended up as dead ends.

@Skully here’s a previous post where I outlined the interview with LE in the podcast.

@Skully here’s a previous post where I outlined the interview with LE in the podcast.

can you listen to the pod cast again, go to 5 minute mark and see if you hear the mistake. The BF friend's mother finds the car, they contact friend at Lakeland and she comes over, they make the decision to drive the car to the Cieha's mom's house. So the cop secured the car, (turned it off and put keys inside the car and locked the door) they don't say that, but that is what is implied. So at any rate they got into the car, and drove it to mom's house, then they get AAA to get inside the car, WHY? If you drove it, you are in it. So did they do this the other way around? Did they call AAA to get into it first then drive it to Cieha's mom's house then they called LE 911? If that is the case, why did AAA let them into the car? No one at that time had legal rights to have AAA into the car. I have been looking at a case similar to this one, I just posted a link to a video we did on her page. Her name is Dominque Lewis, but she was found, dead. 14 years later it is still unsolved.

So for THREE DAYS Ciehas car sit within walking distance from where the boyfriends Mother dropped off items at the boyfriends friends house.
What was the boyfriends employment?
What was the boyfriends friends employment?
if employed, did they work on Thursday Feb 6 or the following Friday or Saturday?
Where was the employment job site?

There are a lot of things in this case that don't add up. I listened to the podcast and all I can say is that some times you get information from people and it's not always correct, or the truth, because the victim can't be there to say "that's not right". But they have 3 people saying she was "not herself or upset". We don't know what she was upset about.

So what I hear is... the person last known to see her, or persons, say she is upset, not herself.
The BF is just dropped off, so he doesn't have a car.
His mom is bringing personal items to him, so again, he must not have a car.
That doesn't mean he doesn't have access to a car. He lives with a friend and the parents.
But he doesn't hear from her, because 3 days go by before his mom see her car.
Did they have a fight? Was he moving into this house, from his mom's. So her not coming around or calling didn't raise a red flag. Why did the friend at Lakeland call her mom when she doesn't go there, given she was supposed to go there and it's 3 days later?

Lots of stuff doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Did they call AAA to get into it first then drive it to Cieha's mom's house then they called LE 911? If that is the case, why did AAA let them into the car?

I asked the very same question right after listening to it. There’s a post mid-thread on this very topic.
I took it as they got AAA to unlock the doors. I questioned whether AAA is legally supposed to do that.

When you first read about this case, as I did, you think that the person or persons who kidnapped her, were idiots and left behind all kinds of evidence and staged it to look like she went mad and just took off. Or she did take off, staging it to look like a kidnapping. Or someone wanted LE to think she was upset, or crazy and killed herself. But for her to have killed herself, she would have had to get rid of her own body. Not likely. Did she stage her own death or abduction? She could have, but when you look at how no one looked for her, meaning no one who should have known she was missing, didn't call or inquire, it makes me wonder. I also have to wonder about who is telling her story, did they have a reason to lead police in another direction, did they have a motive to make her disappear? I don't know. If she was leaving him, then you look at that as a possible motive, but it appears to me, that he may have been leaving her. There are also 3 witnesses that day, the 2 parents and their son, and the parents didn't really interact with her. So you have the BF and his friend saying she was upset and the other friend in Lakeland. So I don't even see a motive here. Lots to think about.

Last edited:
the person last known to see her, or persons, say she is upset, not herself.

The boyfriend at his friends house was the last person to see her.

She talked to her friend on the phone while dropping off her boyfriend.

Her friend said she sounded funny like something was wrong.

Last edited:
She received racial death threats from the boyfriends phone at that same time.

She had a court date coming up to do with drugs.

IIRC the text threats came later in the day and it was a warning that white supremist where coming for her. I think the threats came from someone other than the BF. I recall someone saying it was someone she was fighting with, maybe female. I copied part of it from the petition. Either way, I think the texts were again just done to throw off LE. No one texts who they are sending, on top of warning you they are coming. There is more to the story, just not sure what it is.

IIRC the text threats came later in the day and it was a warning that white supremist where coming for her. I think the threats came from someone other than the BF. I recall someone saying it was someone she was fighting with, maybe female. I copied part of it from the petition. Either way, I think the texts were again just done to throw off LE. No one texts who they are sending, on top of warning you they are coming. There is more to the story, just not sure what it is.
the text threats came later in the day

The threats by text was sent later in the day. They could have been made earlier in the day while at her boyfriends friends house and then the person that wrote the message accidentally hit SENT later in the day thinking it had been deleted from the phone.

DEATH THREATS while dropping off boyfriend and friend saying she sounded like something was wrong then she’s MISSING.
YES, Something was very wrong at that moment.

Last edited:
This case and Veronica Reyes weigh heavily on me because I drive through the areas where they lived/were last seen often. In Cieha's case, the shoes bother me since according to everything I read, they were NOT there previously. It seems weird and risky for someone to go back and place them near the scene where her vehicle was located. Also weird and risky to leave the vehicle on train tracks, even if the intent was for it to get obliterated by a moving train. It would seem much easier and draw less attention to drive the car someone out in BFE, and there is plenty of BFE around here, and either leave it or destroy it.

As far as time line and mapping, IMHO it looks like from where I believe the BF's house is, the railroad tracks where vehicle was found just don't seem to be in the right direction of the route I would expect Cieha to take if she was headed to Lakeland. Looks more like she headed towards Redman Pkwy. She could have gone from there up to I-4 and headed east to Lakeland but it seems like just heading east on 60 from BF's house would have made more sense.

Anyway, hoping and praying for answers for Cieha and Veronica's family, especially when I am in Hopewell, Plant City, and Dover and thinking of them.

It seems weird and risky for someone to go back and place them near the scene where her vehicle was located
Her shoes could have been left at the boyfriends friends house and someone from that house left them there.

Also weird and risky to leave the vehicle on train tracks, even if the intent was for it to get obliterated by a moving train.
The tracks were CLOSED. People living in that location would have known that.
The car could have been in the middle of being driven down the tracks by someone (not Cieha) to get rid of it or to hide it for awhile when a passerby came along and the plans changed. Then the car was left sitting door open where the person driving the car ran so not to be seen by the passerby.

the railroad tracks where vehicle was found just don't seem to be in the right direction of the route I would expect Cieha to take if she was headed to Lakeland.
ASSUMING that Cieha was the person driving her car. SOMEONE ELSE could have been driving the car.

Last edited:
This case and Veronica Reyes weigh heavily on me because I drive through the areas where they lived/were last seen often. In Cieha's case, the shoes bother me since according to everything I read, they were NOT there previously. It seems weird and risky for someone to go back and place them near the scene where her vehicle was located. Also weird and risky to leave the vehicle on train tracks, even if the intent was for it to get obliterated by a moving train. It would seem much easier and draw less attention to drive the car someone out in BFE, and there is plenty of BFE around here, and either leave it or destroy it.

As far as time line and mapping, IMHO it looks like from where I believe the BF's house is, the railroad tracks where vehicle was found just don't seem to be in the right direction of the route I would expect Cieha to take if she was headed to Lakeland. Looks more like she headed towards Redman Pkwy. She could have gone from there up to I-4 and headed east to Lakeland but it seems like just heading east on 60 from BF's house would have made more sense.

Anyway, hoping and praying for answers for Cieha and Veronica's family, especially when I am in Hopewell, Plant City, and Dover and thinking of them.

From the beginning lots of stuff bothered me. I feel the same way about the shoes, and the text message. Also why was all her stuff left there, her money, wallet, phone, but her they bring back shoes. The car is left running and door open, on the tracks. Someone wanted LE to think, wow, someone pulled this person out of the car and took them. They leave bread crumbs, like shoes, and a text pointing to racial crime, or hate crime. I didn't know the car was pointing in a different direction as to where she was reported to be going. The whole thing is weird.

I asked the very same question right after listening to it. There’s a post mid-thread on this very topic.
I took it as they got AAA to unlock the doors. I questioned whether AAA is legally supposed to do that.

I thought her mom owned the car, so AAA would unlock it. Not sure if it matters where it happened - could be towed to her moms and unlocked or right at the tracks IMO

I still don't understand why the cop locked the keys in the car. Also as she was partially living in the car, were things visible? My car got broken into within hours, 2-3 times when I forgot to put everything away.

Cross posting here also.

I’ve wondered from the beginning if these cases had anything in common.

Published today
2 Fla. Women Vanished Separately a Year Ago, and a Police-Produced Podcast Aims to Find Them

But the two women's frantic and frustrated families are left to wonder, having bound their parallel searches to each other. The cases are featured on tonight and tomorrow's episode of PEOPLE (The TV Show!).
Did the other girl know Ciehas boyfriend and did the other girl receive life threatening threats from him the day she went missing?

I haven’t read anything to that effect. This newest article has a lot more detail and maybe the podcast will elaborate too.

Grouping two cases together that has nothing in common except a state only slows down the case and sticks it in a category that has nothing to do with what happened to Cieha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back