Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to make an appointment for next Monday for the 1st Moderna vaccine. Thrilled, since it will be 4 weeks until the 2nd vaccine and another 2 weeks; 7 weeks before I feel a little less paranoid. My youngest daughter cautioned me, still be careful, there's no vaccine against people yet

What is the point? If infected with covid post-vaccine, the vaccine will likely lessen your symptoms, speed your recovery, and save your life.
Over here of course the other big message has always been "protect the NHS". I was reading just now of the horrible waiting lists they have now where treatments etc have had to be postponed for the last year.

COVID-19 vaccines: What you can do after getting your shots

No paywall. So, basically, keep your mask on, stay home? What is the point of getting a vaccine?
I can answer " What is the point..?" from my perspective. Now that I am fully vaccinated I am very unlikely to end up in the hospital or die from Covid. That is a huge weight off my shoulders every time I go into a store, restaurant or run an errand. I can put a mask on and visit my grandkids, without worry that I or Mr. Pirate will get sick. The vaccine protects us from dire consequences of Covid while we go about our day. I protect those not vaccinated by wearing a mask and following guidelines. I also protect others by being vaccinated. One day it will contribute to heard immunity and also protect those that cannot take the vaccine. But I no longer feel I have to stay home as I was pre vaccine, in fear of catching Covid. My vaccine protects me and my mask protects others!

Macomb Co. man dies hours after COVID-19 vaccine, death ruled natural

90 year old man dies after getting vaccine-- I am hearing more stories like this-- I know these are rare instances, but it is scaring me- sure it happens rarely, but what if I am the rare person who has an untoward reaction like that? I am planning to get the vaccine if I get the chance, but I am terrified of it.

90 year old man dies after getting vaccine-- I am hearing more stories like this-- I know these are rare instances, but it is scaring me- sure it happens rarely, but what if I am the rare person who has an untoward reaction like that? I am planning to get the vaccine if I get the chance, but I am terrified of it.

Well, it really is interesting. The population of the "oldest old" were probably not in any randomized trial. Same as my husband, has this vaccine been "tested" on an elderly man, who has COPD and CHF? Probably not.

Roll the dice. At their age, with a myriad of health issues, what do they have to lose?

Well, it really is interesting. The population of the "oldest old" were probably not in any randomized trial. Same as my husband, has this vaccine been "tested" on an elderly man, who has COPD and CHF? Probably not.

Roll the dice. At their age, with a myriad of health issues, what do they have to lose?

you make a good point: they didn't include really old "old" people in their trial-
a roll of the dice is right!!!

Statistically, you are FAR more likely to have catastrophic or deadly consequences from covid vs the vaccine. I totally get not wanting the vaccine and being fearful of it. I didn’t want it either. But I got it when CVS came to my work to vaccinate us. Why? Because I’m more likely to die or have serious complications from covid. It was truly that simple. I don’t like it. But we have two less than ideal choices to pick from. There isn’t a choice that’s risk free.

Statistically, you are FAR more likely to have catastrophic or deadly consequences from covid vs the vaccine. I totally get not wanting the vaccine and being fearful of it. I didn’t want it either. But I got it when CVS came to my work to vaccinate us. Why? Because I’m more likely to die or have serious complications from covid. It was truly that simple. I don’t like it. But we have two less than ideal choices to pick from. There isn’t a choice that’s risk free.

I know: and I will take it- I am registered in several places and still can't get it. I do fear Covid more because that virus is so deadly for an older person like me. It seems to me this vaccine has more serious complications than say the flu vaccine. I have never had a flu vaccine- I guess I was never terrified of getting the flu though I know it can be dangerous (but not nearly as dangerous as Covid)

It could just be a coincidence. He was 90.

I don't believe this death was a coincidence due to the proximity of his death to when he got the vaccine. I think the possibility his death is related to the vaccine is played down because they don't want to scare people. That said, there is no way to prove it one way or the other. It is like the 36+ cases of immune thrombocytopenia developing within a couple days after the vaccine. Is that coincidence? again, the proximity of the symptoms to the timing of vaccine, to my way of thinking relates more to a complication of the vaccine, rather than coincidence. In that situation there was one death (a doctor in Florida)---

I understand these are rare complications-- and I will get the vaccine and hope I am not one of those rare complications.

Congratulations! Take good care and give yourself a bit of TLC tonight. My second shot made me a bit tired and queasy for only a day or two. I also had significant body aches.
Thank you! I was fine, but my mom who went with me to get her second vaccine was a bit under the weather but bounced back later on last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck